Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Month of May 2019

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. Our weather has been alright, a lot of rain the past 3 or so weeks but we have had some nice periods here and there - this past weekend we had occasional rain but had a decent amount of sun as well. And yesterday we took the boat out for the first time this year.

You're welcome! And regarding the 06-07 SSs, you have to be extremely cautious with these. They're amazing cars when good, yes, but you get a bad one and it'll be a nightmare. Make sure you're aware of the most common 'potential' problems with these LS4 cars: (1) excessive oil consumption, (2) premature trans failure (3) hvac blend door actuator failure. Granted, I feel like the trans problem especially stems from improper care, maintenance and constantly driving (beating) the car like it's a race car. Mine appears to be one of the good ones luckily. That's why I say, ask about and research these cars til your mind can't take it anymore AND find a car that looks like it's obviously been well cared for. And if you're really serious about finding one, I'd extent your search radius too. I come across them in Michigan and Ohio occasionally, and Ohio car prices seem to be more reasonable compared to Michigan (why I bought mine in Ohio). I get compliments and a LOT of interest all the time at shows and on the road. They're awesome and very fun to drive!

Took the car to it's first cruise-in of the year last Wed and now I'm well underway with my brake project and undercarriage detail. I have everything disassembled and already cleaned and detailed a good amount of everything accessible in and through the wheel wells. This car is extremely clean for having 95,490 miles with mostly factory original parts - something I pride myself in and try to reiterate at shows. Everything shown in these pictures is factory original except the strut assemblies and catback exhaust which have roughly 15k miles on them. I am extremely surprised at how well everything is cleaning up and how new the struts still look. Next will be cleaning and prepping the calipers for paint and a friend of mine is sandblasting my caliper brackets before paint.

This Car is so clean you are going to need to Trailer the Car to the Monte Nats so it stays Pristine once you get it on the road the Rain will get it? But looking great for sure.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
This Car is so clean you are going to need to Trailer the Car to the Monte Nats so it stays Pristine once you get it on the road the Rain will get it? But looking great for sure.
Thanks. It gets driven to all its events. Part of me thinks it's time to get a few mirrors to put out on the ground at shows to showcase the underside because, if you consider it's approaching 100k, it's amazingly clean. And I really am planning to drive it to Nationals this year with hopes that the weather cooperates. Seems like more than not I always get stuck driving in some form of rain either on the drive down to Nationals or while down there before show day on Saturday. But it'll work out this year

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 05-28-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well!
Just got my Monte back up and going after a long winter/spring. Had to change the Battery which is a giant pain in the ***. But shes back!
Other than that Ford Nationals is this weekend so spending all today getting the SHO ready for it.

Have a great rest of May everyone!

Old 05-30-2019, 06:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Morning guys.

Last night I finished sanding the brake calipers and am now waiting on some black rust encapsulator, extreme chassis black paint and paint prep solution from Eastwood I ordered yesterday - email says it shipped yesterday too so I'm hoping to have it to use by Saturday. In the mean time I'll probably do some more undercarriage cleaning and detailing. I need to get some mirrors to showcase this car's belly now - just one more thing I need to be **** about

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well!
Just got my Monte back up and going after a long winter/spring. Had to change the Battery which is a giant pain in the ***. But shes back!
Good to hear, it's almost June! That SHO gets all the love now . My Malibu is getting neglected so hard right now because of the attention the Monte is getting - needs an oil change and is waaay overdue for a wash. Not enough time in a day.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Morning guys.

Last night I finished sanding the brake calipers and am now waiting on some black rust encapsulator, extreme chassis black paint and paint prep solution from Eastwood I ordered yesterday - email says it shipped yesterday too so I'm hoping to have it to use by Saturday. In the mean time I'll probably do some more undercarriage cleaning and detailing. I need to get some mirrors to showcase this car's belly now - just one more thing I need to be **** about

Good to hear, it's almost June! That SHO gets all the love now . My Malibu is getting neglected so hard right now because of the attention the Monte is getting - needs an oil change and is waaay overdue for a wash. Not enough time in a day.
So this year I have the Mirrors done I kept the ones that were on the medicine cabinet from my remodel last year.
I thought paint the surrounding area and paint on a Chevy Bowtie that didn't turn out.
So this time I used a wrap and a big bowtie sticker and they look good so will see how they work under the car this time?