Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of September 2019

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 06:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Month of September 2019

Member's Blog
Month of Septmeber 2019

In memory of
Barbara Heinz "P343" • David Smith "STUMPMI" • "BUTCH49"

to our
Monte Carlo Family

The Monte Carlo Forum is a fun automotive family zone for owners
and enthusiasts of all generations of Monte Carlo from 1970 to 2007.

This is a continuous Blog for the whole month. We are online 24/7.
Post and let us know how you are and what you have going on - car
related or not, any member can join our Blog conversation!

If you have not read the Monte Carlo Forum rules, please click the
link below and enjoy your Forum experience
Welcome & Forum Rules

Make a post and let us know that you checked in today! Please
welcome our new members to our Forum and Blog.

Any member can start the MCF Blog after midnight (12 am EST)
on any given 1st of the month. Just copy and change the month/yr
as needed.

(Check with Staff for any other changes to our Blog)

Thank You!

This month's Blog started by
06mistreSS

Old 09-04-2019, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning all,

I figured I'd start a Blog for September since we haven't had one since July. So, if you're reading this, please chime in!

#7 Michigan started the season 1-0 with a 40-21 win vs. Middle Tennessee and will play Army this Saturday.

I've been busy as hell either vacationing, doing work around the house or car stuff. And honestly the car has become way less of a priority since Monte Nationals craziness (I've only done two car events since June 30). Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Fall Meet is less than three weeks away so we're really starting to get ramped up for that.

My most recent car show was roughly a trip out to Grand Rapids for the 28th Street Metro Cruise less than two weeks ago. I showed at Berger Chevrolet's 'All GM Show' they hold during the Cruise. We had eight Michigan Monte Carlo Club members there, one without his car. There was at least 17 Montes I counted on the show field.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 09-04-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:09 AM

It's been a busy summer in my area. Been enjoying going to some car shows and rounding up parts to start on bodywork. Hope you're all enjoying the summer.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I tried to start the Blog back in May or June and when I copied and pasted the headline page it corrupted on me several times, so I just gave up.
Tried to start a few Photo-contests as well but no one responded.
The user friendliness of the forum is probably a main issue. You just can't increase the font with a click anymore.
Trying to use a word doc used to work but not anymore, everything is in a small font and you can't get any attention when that is an issue.

So I have been working on maybe getting a Monte Carlo club going in this state of Nebraska, so far I have talked to at least 10 potential members a gave them my contact info but no one has responded to the email or in a text. They were all exited about it that I would talk about it. Maybe once summer has turned to fall the interest may be remembered.
Finally got my new Stainless Exhaust on the Monte Carlo, It now has a quite rumble. I will try to post a few photo's maybe a video too.

New Stainless Exhaust system

With dual bowtie tips on each side but they stuck out to far so I deleted them

Old 09-05-2019, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
So I have been working on maybe getting a Monte Carlo club going in this state of Nebraska, so far I have talked to at least 10 potential members a gave them my contact info but no one has responded to the email or in a text. They were all exited about it that I would talk about it. Maybe once summer has turned to fall the interest may be remembered.
Dean, you're going to have to just start something and have people find you/it. Trust me, you can't rely on most people to do anything let alone contact you about a 'potential' idea. People need to see something or have somewhere to go - the easiest, quickest method would be to create some form of 'Nebraska Monte Carlo Club' Facebook group so that (1) the people you do talk with have somewhere to go when you tell them about it and also (2) people on their own can find the group and join if they're interested. That will give you a way to share info and coordinate with your members as well as plan meets/gatherings. Granted we have a website but that's literally how Michigan Monte Carlo Club started and we grew pretty well from there. It was slow at first but it took off after a year or two.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 09-05-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Dean, you're going to have to just start something and have people find you/it. Trust me, you can't rely on most people to do anything let alone contact you about a 'potential' idea. People need to see something or have somewhere to go - the easiest, quickest method would be to create some form of 'Nebraska Monte Carlo Club' Facebook group so that (1) the people you do talk with have somewhere to go when you tell them about it and also (2) people on their own can find the group and join if they're interested. That will give you a way to share info and coordinate with your members as well as plan meets/gatherings. Granted we have a website but that's literally how Michigan Monte Carlo Club started and we grew pretty well from there. It was slow at first but it took off after a year or two.
Absolutely you are right I need to get a Group started on the Facebook page and then maybe invite some of the Monte owners to join in there. I been thinking about that for sometime now but time to get it done has been short.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Absolutely you are right I need to get a Group started on the Facebook page and then maybe invite some of the Monte owners to join in there. I been thinking about that for sometime now but time to get it done has been short.
That is correct, start it up and post about it here and a few people will find it. But remember that a club like that is subject to the 20-80 rule, hopefully you can find people to get away from 1-100 (you!). My (long defunct) Chevelle club rarely did better than 15-90 (here in Dallas). We got a lot of activity when we hosted a Regional event and even made a little money but it was a lot of work and some members disappeared after that. Plus life happens. Our best attendance was when we got together with some of the bigger clubs and created a regional muscle car club drag race challenge at the dragstrips, which is still going. I just checked and several club links are dead but its on the Texas Motorplex schedule for end of October. I even won the Street Muscle class one year.

I spent last weekend at the Pick n Pull sale getting all of the good discontinued trim parts I could find and now have everything I need (parts-wise) to convert to full leather power heated seats interior. Now, if we can get away from 100 degrees temps here, I might be able to do some test fits. My challenge is the driver seat airbag looks to be a bear to reinstall after I replace the covers (and do maintenance on the tracks and motors and replace the wiring harness and seat support/springs). Gotta get new tires and inspection/registration this month first.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member

Good afternoon guys.

Starting to think about all that needs to be done before winter gets here. My wife and I just finished a significant face-lift of our firepit and moved probably several hundred pounds of paver block and stone doing so.

Another stressful Michigan game as they barely snuck by Army 24-21 in 2OT but they did improve to 2-0 while falling a few spots to #10.

It was the first week of the NFL season and the Lions are back in typical fashion, blowing an 18 point 4th quarter lead that resulted in a 27-27 tie with Arizona.

Originally Posted by Glen01SS
But remember that a club like that is subject to the 20-80 rule, hopefully you can find people to get away from 1-100 (you!). My (long defunct) Chevelle club rarely did better than 15-90 (here in Dallas).
Glen is totally correct about the 20-80 rule. You will find that you'll have a tight core group of people that are the ones that are highly interested, that participate in Club organized events and/or want to help operate the Club.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 09-09-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good afternoon guys.

Starting to think about all that needs to be done before winter gets here. My wife and I just finished a significant face-lift of our firepit and moved probably several hundred pounds of paver block and stone doing so.

Another stressful Michigan game as they barely snuck by Army 24-21 in 2OT but they did improve to 2-0 while falling a few spots to #10.

It was the first week of the NFL season and the Lions are back in typical fashion, blowing an 18 point 4th quarter lead that resulted in a 27-27 tie with Arizona.

Glen is totally correct about the 20-80 rule. You will find that you'll have a tight core group of people that are the ones that are highly interested, that participate in Club organized events and/or want to help operate the Club.

Yeah! I would be happy if we could get a few folks interested. They do have a Chevelle club up in Omaha that is fairly active. I met a few of the members at an all Chevy show last year.
Time will tell i guess

Old 09-10-2019, 10:40 AM

I bought a car that I plan to trade or flip and I’ve been pretty busy with school

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of September 2019