Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of June 2019

Old 06-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember Greg/Zippy02 made it to the Chevy/GM Nats. He had a LONG ride and bumped into various weather conditions. But he made it safely. It was a great time getting to meet him and see his awesome car!!
It is always great meeting people I know from various online sites. And most years, I end up making new friends, even better.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
I remember Greg/Zippy02 made it to the Chevy/GM Nats. He had a LONG ride and bumped into various weather conditions. But he made it safely. It was a great time getting to meet him and see his awesome car!!
It is always great meeting people I know from various online sites. And most years, I end up making new friends, even better.
True but when you get a bit old like me the drive can be very taxing on the body, and then there are the toll roads to. I recall that a few years back a fellow from Norfolk, NE went to the Monte Nats in Bowling Green when I was there,he Trailered down a 4th Gen Monte SS. I was working nearby in Tennessee that when I met Barb from our Forum, and Tadd. Good time for sure. Need to find someone with a Trailer to put the Car in to haul it over there.Lol

Old 06-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
5 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Went to my first 'judged' show on Saturday which was the car's first real drive since the brake work. I was originally planning to go to a show yesterday but because of the weather decided to go to this other one on Saturday instead. Judged by Ken Lingenfelter, owner of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering in Brighton, MI. I also saw Mike Joy (commentator for Nascar on Fox) walking around looking at cars.

My next planned show is this Saturday 15th (weather permitting) and then I don't have anything for a couple weeks until Monte Nationals. Stuff is coming up quick!

Your progress is looking good Matt!
Thanks, all finished now! Break-in went well and it drives really nice now, smooth braking.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 06-10-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:24 PM

5 Year Member

@Matt - I was working on something else on my Monte and got looking at the subframe on mine. Been a few years since I cleaned any of it (and it has normal road grim again). Your recent work has me wondering "do I have time before going to the Chevy Nats to clean something people probably won't see"..... lol
Joking aside, I really want to clean it lol.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member

Good morning guys.

46 degrees this morning and was up to 58 by the time I got to work. Going up to 78 today.

Wife and I got a new puppy. She's another Boston Terrier so we now have two - our 1 yr 9 mo old girl and this new 10 wk old girl.

@Matt - I was working on something else on my Monte and got looking at the subframe on mine. Been a few years since I cleaned any of it (and it has normal road grim again). Your recent work has me wondering "do I have time before going to the Chevy Nats to clean something people probably won't see"..... lol
Joking aside, I really want to clean it lol.
It should be bare aluminum, right? Take some polish to it, that's what I'm doing. Polishes up pretty nice. I'm using Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish. I got what I could reach from the wheel wells when doing the brake work but need to finish the rest of the subframe before Monte Nationals - I need to do it since my undercarriage will be getting judged this year.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
5 Year Member

Good evening everyone!

Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS View Post
It should be bare aluminum, right? Take some polish to it, that's what I'm doing. Polishes up pretty nice. I'm using Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish. I got what I could reach from the wheel wells when doing the brake work but need to finish the rest of the subframe before Monte Nationals - I need to do it since my undercarriage will be getting judged this year.
It is aluminum. I am not worried as much about polish as I am just getting rid of the "gunge" Such as the one side when I change the oil filter, oil always dribbles on that part of the frame. I do wipe off what I can reach, but I am sure there is oil that gets elsewhere. See what my weekend brings me. I hope a chance to tidy up before the Carlisle trip. If not, it is what it is.
And congrats on the puppy!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member

Good morning guys. First day of summer is in 8 days

We had some thunderstorms move through overnight. More rain today and a high of only 60 degrees. We have to be in record territory for rainfall this year, it's nuts the amount of rain we've had. And so far it's not really cooperating with any car events I want to do. Typical

St. Louis Blues won the Stanley Cup last night for the first time in their franchise history.

And congrats on the puppy!
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.