Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of January 2019

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

REVEAL > Infinity's QX Inspiration Concept

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-14-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member

REVEAL > Lexus' LC Convertible Concept

Old 01-14-2019, 03:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Wow those are some Great shots of these new rides for sure. The only thing that I am not a big fan of is the Grills on these new cars seem to be getting Bigger and Bigger. Not sure why but they have to be huge collectors of debris and bugs and stuff.
Picked up a little record here a few days ago I just recorded over 4,000 posts wow that is alot. That's all BS besides.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 18 degrees this morning. It looks like we're going to see around 1" of snow on Thursday and I'm now seeing 5-9" for us this Fri/Sat. That's gone up since yesterday, and I'm sure that'll change four more times but that's what I'm seeing this morning. The NWS is saying snowfall across SE MI is looking more likely with the latest long range model. Our area is currently holding the record for the least amount of snowfall for Dec/Jan combined (I believe it's only 0.7") so this storm could wipe that away.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Wow those are some Great shots of these new rides for sure. The only thing that I am not a big fan of is the Grills on these new cars seem to be getting Bigger and Bigger. Not sure why but they have to be huge collectors of debris and bugs and stuff.
I like em but I look at all these big, complicated grills and see lots of small, complicated areas to get into to clean. Oh and, hey, if names like the Blazer, TrailBlazer and Supra can come back, Monte Carlo can too, right?

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-15-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. 18 degrees this morning. It looks like we're going to see around 1" of snow on Thursday and I'm now seeing 5-9" for us this Fri/Sat. That's gone up since yesterday, and I'm sure that'll change four more times but that's what I'm seeing this morning. The NWS is saying snowfall across SE MI is looking more likely with the latest long range model. Our area is currently holding the record for the least amount of snowfall for Dec/Jan combined (I believe it's only 0.7") so this storm could wipe that away.

I like em but I look at all these big, complicated grills and see lots of small, complicated areas to get into to clean. Oh and, hey, if names like the Blazer, TrailBlazer and Supra can come back, Monte Carlo can too, right?
Could be they would, but I think they are driven by the SUV and the only thing I see is a possible name plate on an SUV that says Monte Carlo. With all the Cars that GM will be discontinuing. they will be just doing trucks an stuff.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

Even the Corvette is about to change into something... different. The next one (C8) may have all the super-high-performance cred, but I worry if it's still going to feel like a Corvette.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:20 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Little freezing drizzle overnight, slick as hell this morning but main roads and highways were mostly okay. Forecast for Saturday's snow amounts changed again - it's now showing just 2-4" for us - expect that to change several more times. And it's going to get cold once that snow moves through - our low on Sunday is showing -3 degrees.

GM isn't going to bring the Monte back - I was just kidding. Especially right now when all the car companies are going to force trucks and SUVs on us - at least the Big 3 are. When gas is back up to $4/gal everyone will be crying again.

Michigan basketball is 17-0, still ranked #2 and is only one of two teams still undefeated

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-16-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Yeah, I figured they would never bring it back. Unless something in the demand market would stem that to change. The SUV is the thing! I got 2 of them myself. It is a fun ride. But there are some real strange looking ones out there.
According to the weather on my phone for here we are supposed to get about an inch. But who knows sometimes they a using the SWAG method for this.
Saturday AM supposed to be real cold. I have to venture out and work at a basketball tournament. Should be fun.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 13 degrees this morning. We're expecting 1" of snow this afternoon into the evening, just in time for the commute home. The forecast for Saturday is now showing 3-5" of snow for where I am (6"+ further south near the Ohio border). THEN it looks like another snow maker on Tuesday (extended forecast is currently showing 2-6" for that one).

Old 01-17-2019, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member

Good morning all. This darn cabin fever is really getting to me. I have been trying to keep up with the details around the house as well as some projects that have been neglected over the years when I was traveling. I don't miss the travel thing, as I would be off anyway due to this shut down. But I recall when this happened when I was in Oklahoma a few years ago and we weren't allowed to travel over 50 miles from the duty station. Crazy stuff.
Anyway the weather here is supposed to be cold too. This weekend we have a local BB tournament and I get to do volunteer work there, I am selling tickets we will see how that goes. Always a good time.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of January 2019