Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of April 2019

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all, Yesterday was cool but the Sun was shinning and today is supposed to be nice. Might be a good day to get the Monte out and play with it a bit.
Interesting statistics right now there are 6 members signed in and view the site.
But we have in the Mystery column
28 in General Monte Carlo talk,
13 in the New member group,
Off topic has 17 viewing.
And Repairs 150 are checking that area out.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 04-23-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Weather has been pretty nice lately so I've been getting some yard work taken care of. Looks like some off and on rain today, tomorrow and overnight Saturday into Sunday.

The Monte has been in for its exhaust work since Tuesday afternoon - headers, cat delete, electronic cutout, spark plugs, spark plug wires and new trans cooling lines/fittings. I stopped in yesterday mid-morning to bring back my polished spark plug wire heat shields and he was already fitting the new headers. He had my rear bank coil packs and valve cover removed for clearance and the inside of my valve cover was remarkably clean for 95k miles. We also decided to address my slightly leaky trans cooling lines while it's in - new lines and fittings. I believe they ordered the cutout yesterday afternoon so I think at this point all we're waiting on is for that to arrive, be fitted and installed. I'm excited and trying to keep my patience in check.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 04-25-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys.

Weather has been pretty nice lately so I've been getting some yard work taken care of. Looks like some off and on rain today, tomorrow and overnight Saturday into Sunday.

The Monte has been in for its exhaust work since Tuesday afternoon - headers, cat delete, electronic cutout, spark plugs, spark plug wires and new trans cooling lines/fittings. I stopped in yesterday mid-morning to bring back my polished spark plug wire heat shields and he was already fitting the new headers. He had my rear bank coil packs and valve cover removed for clearance and the inside of my valve cover was remarkably clean for 95k miles. We also decided to address my slightly leaky trans cooling lines while it's in - new lines and fittings. I believe they ordered the cutout yesterday afternoon so I think at this point all we're waiting on is for that to arrive, be fitted and installed. I'm excited and trying to keep my patience in check.

That looks great, with the Cutout you will be able to push a button and have instant GrooooooooooowwwwLLL Right? Lol That will be fun for sure. Back in the 60-70's I owned a 63 Impala SS and added the cut outs but you had to get down under the rocker and rove a cap manually. That was a pain but it sounded good.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

The headers look great.

Back in the day I had a 64 Chevy pickup. I took the 350 out of my Chevelle and set it in the truck. It was a beast. I had a lot of fun in it, it had 3 different color body panels and rust in all of em. You could see the road through parts of the cab floorboard and through the bed, good floor mats kept the holes covered and the heat in. I put the old 327 style exhaust manifolds on it and ran straight pipes that turned down right under the back of the cab. It was a rolling headache the way the exhaust tones reverberated loudly in the cab. No need for cutouts! The good thing about it is I didn't have to worry about anybody riding with me except my kids, they loved it! It had the 3 on the tree, basic sparse dash with AM radio. The best thing other than the engine was it had a red crush velvet power bench seat out of a late model Olds 88! It clashed with the green door and blue hood though. Those were the days my friend...

Last edited by GTHSS; 04-26-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys!

I picked up the car yesterday morning, went to work, and then because of the rain had to wait til 7:30 last night to get the car out of the trailer and back into its spot in the garage. We decided to forego the cutout because of clearance issues, especially up front where I wanted it (I may revisit a different brand cutout in the future). Other than that, the new Doug Thorley headers are installed (includes crossover and y-pipe), new exhaust manifold gaskets, cat removed and replaced with new stainless connector tubing (from y-pipe to resonator), new valve cover gaskets, new ACDelco spark plugs and wires, original plug wire heat shields polished by me and reinstalled, original engine oil dipstick repainted and new trans oil coolant lines and fittings (originals were leaking). I'll be having the tune revisited here in the next week or so. And the weather this week shows a lot of rain so I'm not going to get many chances to get it out and drive it this week.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 05-01-2019 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

Hmm, a powerful black car tucked inside a trailer ... shades of Knight Rider!

Old 05-01-2019, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

More rain today including possible thunderstorms later. Rained yesterday evening and some areas around Metro Detroit got over 3" of rain - there's some road/freeway flooding this morning because of it.

I took some time yesterday to start tidying up and detailing the engine compartment after the exhaust work. Here's a couple good shots from up top of the new headers, spark plug wires, polished spark plug wire heat shields and repainted engine oil dipstick. Still a LOT to do especially before Monte Nats.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 05-01-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
Cool This one has the WOW factor now for sure!

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys.

More rain today including possible thunderstorms later. Rained yesterday evening and some areas around Metro Detroit got over 3" of rain - there's some road/freeway flooding this morning because of it.

I took some time yesterday to start tidying up and detailing the engine compartment after the exhaust work. Here's a couple good shots from up top of the new headers, spark plug wires, polished spark plug wire heat shields and repainted engine oil dipstick. Still a LOT to do especially before Monte Nats.

This one has the WOW factor now for sure! Rain is your biggest enemy now until the Nats Keep up the great work this one is sure to take all the awards.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Hey ya'll!

Old 05-02-2019, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

We're expecting more rain later today. Here's a video capturing the flooding that us in Southeast Michigan and Metro Detroit are currently dealing with after Tuesday night's rain - flooding is expected to remain until Friday. Dearborn Heights and Taylor seem to be two of the hardest hit with major flooding but there's also widespread minor to moderate flooding throughout our area.

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Hey ya'll!
Devin!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 05-02-2019 at 06:50 AM.