Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, January 16, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM

I am the oldest of five. My old man set the dynamic in the house. Things were lonely and miserable for me. My younger sister and brother paired up and the youngest two paired up. My observations though come from my children rather than my childhood. My family was dysfunctional. I tried to right that so my kids didn't experience the same.
My old man is an alcoholic, a pedophile, a verbal, emotional, and physical abuser. He is gay and I suspect didn't like being tied down to a wife and kids. He was miserable so made sure we were too.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Good afternoon all!! spent the day wiring my car. zero gauge wiring doesn't like.to be run through montes very easily! Lol

Soooooo loud! Had two rockford fosgate t2's and these type X's are so much louder and they are really crisp.. so happy to have a system again!!

Well, I'm gonna hit the hay.. got class all day then work till 9 tomorrow.. not looking forward to that.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Gregg, I'm very sorry to hear that and even though it's stating the obvious, no one should have to go through that.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My baby is 10 and his sisters and brother are all older so he feels like an only child sometimes. He usually does the weekend thing too, he go somewhere or someone comes here. I feel bad for him sometimes but the older kids are getting jobs and driving now so he gets pretty spoiled anyway.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Break time. Posting from the crackberry. 2 hours down, 7 to go (not counting lunch). Shot Brooke a text and she mentioned in her reply that she was kinda upset when her battery died. Course I totally lost track of time while we were talking myself.

On a side note, my boss said all the background checks they do came back good, just waiting on HR to set a hire date and for them to schedule my physical. Told my boss I should haul my fully loaded ruck in to the physical to show them I'm good.

Well, back to work for me. I'm ready for lunch break already.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Good afternoon all!! spent the day wiring my car. zero gauge wiring doesn't like.to be run through montes very easily! Lol

Soooooo loud! Had two rockford fosgate t2's and these type X's are so much louder and they are really crisp.. so happy to have a system again!!

Well, I'm gonna hit the hay.. got class all day then work till 9 tomorrow.. not looking forward to that.
0 gauge? How much power u have goin to those subs?

Old 01-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich
Gregg, I'm very sorry to hear that and even though it's stating the obvious, no one should have to go through that.
Thanks Kerry. I decided early in my kids life that I wasn't going to repeat my fathers mistakes raising my kids. It was a conscience choice because he taught me the only parenting skills I knew. I didn't get my head screwed on straight until a few years ago. Having kids and staying busy allowed me to not deal with my issues until I hit my early to mid 40's. But when they took me down I fell hard.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 PM

I'm the total opposite of my dad as a father and a husband.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:53 PM

Evening all, supposed to be a big snow storm on the way lets hope it arrives in time to have a snow day.

Also some good news on the home front. I signed the banks counter offer so it looks like I may be buying a much bigger house.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Todd congrats on the new house.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, January 16, 2012