Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Sunday October 18, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh wow, twisting around in a car. Im probably high has a kite from all the fumes *mabye you can tell by the video* But here is the headliner. Sorry for the crappy vid, its just my cell phone with a trouble light. Oh and I spent $30 on fabric, and about 40 on glue. Not too bad I dont think.(sun visors and sunroof slider yet to come)

+1 to whoever can name the song)

Old 10-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

dude wtf kinda spider was that, your crazy, if i saw something like that i would **** myself!!!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Idk what kinda, but I measured it to be 2 inches :O But if it was in my house I woulda smashed it, but I let it go to eat some rodents XD

Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 PM

Ryan it does have cruise. That could be a problem, but I think my main issues are related to putting in the TBI spacer. I have learned from 3 hours of reading that I need to adjust the TV cable. Of course it says it is easy to do it and shows lots of pictures, but my TV cable is different from all of those I have seen. The cable in the picture is the throttle cable and it is one of my sources of problems. With the change in geometry the cable will not allow the throttle to return to idol. I am thinking that it is a simple adjustment for someone that knows how. I am going to stop buy and ask our local service shop. It wouldn't hurt to have all of the fluids changed either.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 PM

There ya go Todd... when it gets to be too much I say Eff it, let the professionals handle it.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

i'm done, gonna be a bad next few weeks at work. we are moving to a new/old building and things will get very crazy for me and my shippping department, i'm the last to leave on october 30th and i have to be up and running on monday november 2nd, yeah right, it is gonna be a major cluster____, here are the details!!

Folks,

Updates on the move progress at 4250:
  • We are rapidly approaching the final phases of the 4250 build-out.
  • Lowe Level floor sealing complete
  • Painting near completion on lower level
  • First Floor painting in progress
  • Airline installation on the Lower Level underway
  • Carpet and cubicle cleaning in the First Floor is scheduled for 10/16/09 ~ 10/19/09.
  • Lighting upgrades and power outlet installations in progress on the lower level
  • Operations will meet at 4250 on 10/20/09 to review move plan details.
Move plan for Operations (your supervisor will provide details on move requirements and timing):
  • Phase 1A – 10/26/09 evening
    • Customer Service, Supply Chain Office Area
  • Phase 1 – 10/27/09
    • Headset Line, Stock Shelves, QAR, Some Finished Goods, Accessory Build (J. Marshall), Incoming Inspection, Receiving
  • Phase 2 – 10/28/09
    • Terminal Lines and Accessories, Offices in Production Area
  • Phase 3 – 10/29/09
    • Repair Area and RMA Shipping
  • Phase 4 – 10/30/09
    • Finished Goods and Shipping

Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
Rj, sounds like the ******* who hit me in my 5th gen. Talking on his phone doing at least 70 in a 35 in a downpour with bad brakes. I have never had to be cut out of a car with the jaws of life before, and after that experience I never want to go through it again. I still have major back pain from that accident. Private property OR NOT, the cops NEED to respond. They HAVE to take a police report! An accident is an accident, parking lot or not, and if she backed into you well OBVIOUSLY it's not YOUR fault. What a stupid bitch. I'd have called the police station myself, screw 911. Like Public Enemy says, 911 is a joke!
Robyn,
I told Debbie, "Was there anyone close by you know and may have seen this happen?"
She asked and found two women who said they saw this woman back in to her. So I asked if she got their phone numbers? Incase the insurance wanted to talk to them. She forgot.

I personally don't want this woman coming back on me saying Debbie hit her in my car and now she has whiplash or something.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:33 AM

Rj... you could have a case against the police department. They have to be onscene at any kind of accident private property or not. I hope nothing happens to you all that's for sure. I hope the shadow is okay for the most part???

Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

brock, the headliner looks great. and im with chris, thats a helluva spider, lol. reminds me of the wolf spider that fell outta the vent on my buddies pickup when we were crusing along at like 70 mph, he had that truck off the road & us jumped out like where T F did that thing go! lol

todd, let us know what the shop says about the burbon. personally, im still leaning towards the cruse linkage, the spacer coulda moved it just enough outta alignment that, scince its a riged peice, its pushing the throddle body up.

chris, good luck with the move, the sooner its done with the sooner things can get back on track. my dad is having a rough time too, the guy he works with takes a yearly 2 weeks off for black-powder season out in idaho or somthing... anyways, the place is geting plenty of work in, but my dad is the only one in the shop & to handel the road calls right now, so he has alot on his plate.

just remember george carlin, its gonna be a MONGOLIAN CLUSTER F***! lol

Old 10-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Brock, that headliner looks really good man. Even with a work light and cell phone. As for the spider. I can see your point about it being outside, so just let it be. But it's that close to your house/garage/car etc. Eventually it'll find a way into your house. And if it gets in your car, it could suddenly appear like Ryan said, and cause you to get into an accident. I think it would be squish city for that thing if I saw it in my driveway.

Chris, I remember when the company I work for moved from our temporary building to our new building years ago. Being a 24/7 operation, stuff had to be moved without the luxury of being able to close down for a long period of time. So the closer we got to the grand opening of our new building, the less supplies we had at the temporary place. Which really sucked!