Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Friday July 16, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:32 PM

Hi Michael, please take a minute to check out the below link with many vid's on tire blowouts....Hope it makes U slow down until you get your new tires....We need you around here 4-Sure.....I hope other member's click also....

YouTube - Tire blow on Highway <~ Click & Watch
same thing happened on the 60 fwy towards the 57 but the guy swerved and ... I have to say that i was prepared for that (i drove it over a hole on the ... and didnt react on time and lost it... and its clear h was doing over 80. ... queue Bob Fink's LS1 62 Impala SS Dyno Run Tire Blow Out9750 viewsBSTDGTO · 8:09 ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVCwoqxMgI -

Old 07-16-2010, 01:54 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Im glad I spent all my summers work on new tires last summer. I couldnt be confined to 90 !!!!

Blog is busy, space thats really cool you can hang out with the grandfather.

How much for popcorn?? Also I dont drink Coffey but its nice to look at and it smells good haha

Old 07-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Default ~

Also I dont drink Coffey but its nice to look at and it smells good haha
...What will you do if you spill your Coffey
Hi `Brock, you early morning post made my `day...
Are you finished work for the day ? What are you going to do ?
Glad you got new tires, and I hope Mod Michael finds a way to get new tires sooner, then later 4-Sure...

What projects are you working on ?
Wish U a SuperEve ~> WeekEnd....EnJoy

Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `Todd,
Projection Time Table unknown , but I hope it is not 4-ever ~>4-Sure We are just "Giving `Up to get to our `Dreams".
My g/f is now a RN, and hopefully I will be able to slow down
when she finishes school and becomes a doctor....
We've been 2gether since we were 5 years `old...Oh, she is working just as hard or more then I....

I'm sure that you can relate...From your past posts I know that you have also been giving `up a lot to get your degree's and you are still working hard to finish....It seems nothing good in our lives are E.Z> 4-Sure...

I still want to go back & get my Master's when my g/f finishes her doc degree : ) My grandfather taught me that "Dreams are where we want to `go & work is how I'll get there"..., I am following his teachings, cause I've never found him to be wrong...."I've tried"
Thanks for your post/concerns/interest and all your contributions to our Monte Carlo Family...
Peace/Happy ~>`Out : )
Good for her. You both are giving up to get, just don't forget to enjoy a little down time. When you are ready for a break fly out to Oregon and I will show you around the state. I wont have much for house, but you would be welcome to come and visit and crash land there. I am sure Keith and I could show you some beautiful country.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Good morning all! Happy Friday!!! Going to Road America in Elkhart Lake WI Sat & Sun to see the classic Can Am & Trans Am racing!!! I can't wait! I went last year and it was a blast. Our neighbors have a condo up there so room and board are free!
Sounds like a great time. Hope you have fun! Remember, you have to tell the class on Monday, how it went.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
LOL, yea 107 sucks, but I guess I don't need to be driving that fast anyway. I do have bald tire right now...they are not in bad shape as far as saftey goes, they just have no tread on them for wet weather. BUT, we don't get ANY rain in the summer, so i'm waiting till September to replace them. And, because I know my tires are not the greatest, I have been keeping in the 80-85 range most of the time. i've been avoiding 107 lately. LOL...I can't wait to put the new tires on! haha

I would pay money to hear you say that to a cop explaining your way out of a jam.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Geez taz way to kill the blog

Old 07-16-2010, 04:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

killer

Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Threadsecutioner!!!!

Space Im glad my post made someone "Happy" LOL But I took the day off at noon. This morning we caught a really p'd off bat in the school this morning, and then painted a door.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
That section of SB US 101 is a good place to take your foot off the gas and coast. Just down the road is a thick forest with a turn off. Smokies sit there waiting.
Yep they sit in that area where you can drive across the highway...or a little bit passed the tree area in that other turn around area. I've seen them several times in both areas.

And like I said, my tires really are not in bad condition for dry weather, no bumps, bulges, etc. (The shouldn't be they are only 1.5 years old. LOL) But I definitely would not trust them in even the smallest amount of wet weather. I actually have new tires, i'm just waiting to put them on until the summer weather is almost over.

Lou, you are right, I definitely would not have much of a case if a cop pulled me over and wanted to get picky about my tires. But i've been pulled over a lot, and never had a cop even look at my tires. Now I knock on wood that doesn't happen!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Friday July 16, 2010