Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Friday July 16, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
TGIF. Off to San Jose where it's 30 degrees hotter than home. It's payday, yay.

Monte spotting. This silver Monte sans spoiler on 101 yesterday. Vanity plate was something like "JAMESON". Ever see a parade of like-model cars and wonder if its some kind of club rally? Other cars on the road were treated to a 2 person Monte rally.

WOW, I know EXACTLY where that is...I was just down in Hollister last night visiting family. lol.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!

I am sooooooo soooooooo glad its Friday! This week has gone by so slow for me, Tuesday was feeling like Thursday, and everyday since has just ceeped by. LOL. TGIF, for sure!

Space, I give you props man, you really put a lot into life, and still manage to do it with a positive attitude! I hope you get a free day to enjoy all for yourself in the very near future.

I hope EVERYONE has a GREAT weekend, lets all get through Friday, and do it quickly!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:32 PM

Hi `Michael, & thanks for your words/post.
I was wondering where you were this morning (eastern time: ), then I remembered that Friday was your day to get in2 work @ a later time : )

That's a great road that Barovelli posted...What's the speed limit 4-YOU LOL

Hope your work day goes fast and you off time slow...
What's your plans for the weekend ?
It's your turn to BLOG : ) Lets see some more words
Wish `you & readers a `Happy ~> EnJoy your `Now....`ok

Old 07-16-2010, 12:41 PM

10 Year Member

I actually have 3 BBQ's to go to this weekend. Two Saturday, and one Sunday (that one's at my house. LOL). So it will be a fun, social weekend.

The speed limit on most of our highways is 65, 70 on some of the major interstates. But, just cause there is a posted speed limit, does not mean anybody follows it. LOL. Most people seem to cruise at speeds anywhere from 75-90MPH...its really not that rare to be cruising in the fast lane going 80MPH, and get passed by someone in the middle lane going 90+, lol.

Personally, I have a lead foot, I am generally right around 80MPH on the highway, sometimes more. LOL.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all taking my turn :P i'm sitting on lunch, i will be getting a new front and rear bumper and drivers door for the mystake soon that way it won't look sooo bad as i'm comming up to detail jobs.... after lunch i get to go attack the black jackets hornets nest thats in the stairs at the back of the warehouse

Last edited by Budsjlm; 07-16-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM

...Michael, thanks for your answers...Now, I'm hungry for BBQ : ) I bet I could gain some weight `if I could hang out with you 4-Sure : ) Sounds like a Super Time...You sure keep active.....
The roads/speed here in Florida sounds about the same as in California....It's like everyone is in a hurry, but here they have to dodge the Senior Citizen's doing 20 MPH under the speed limit....It's like entering a race when you get on the interstate 4-Real~>Sure....

I don't mind higher speed, but I do when the cars passing me @ 80/90 + MPH are falling apart and have bald tires...
"It's a Jungle out there" LOL
Peace/Out

Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Personally, I have a lead foot, I am generally right around 80MPH on the highway, sometimes more. LOL.
Good thing your car stops you at 107

Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

I don't mind higher speed, but I do when the cars passing me @ 80/90 + MPH are falling apart and have bald tires...
That would be in the Mystake! lol

Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM

`Justin, I hope that you are getting hazardous pay for going after the Black Hornets 4-Sure....Be Careful....they sting BAD.
Great you are getting parts for your ride...Hope the repairs are E.Z....Wish you a great weekend....How's your son recovering from his burn ?

I don't like these earth creatures that sting

Old 07-16-2010, 01:21 PM

10 Year Member

LOL, yea 107 sucks, but I guess I don't need to be driving that fast anyway. I do have bald tire right now...they are not in bad shape as far as saftey goes, they just have no tread on them for wet weather. BUT, we don't get ANY rain in the summer, so i'm waiting till September to replace them. And, because I know my tires are not the greatest, I have been keeping in the 80-85 range most of the time. i've been avoiding 107 lately. LOL...I can't wait to put the new tires on! haha

Old 07-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

That section of SB US 101 is a good place to take your foot off the gas and coast. Just down the road is a thick forest with a turn off. Smokies sit there waiting.

Like the other post, I am staying under 90 until I get new tires.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Friday July 16, 2010