Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Looking for opinions on these wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:44 PM
1 Year Member
Default Looking for opinions on these wheels

Hey everyone, so I need some new tires on my new mustang. The Pirelli P Zero tires that came on the stock wheels are decent but they aren't nearly sticky enough for the power that I am making. She will spin all the way through first and second and chirp third with traction control on. I still haven't pulled with TC off so who knows, maybe it spins 3rd as well lol. Needless to say I want some new rubber and I figured I would upgrade the wheels so I could do some wider tires as well.

I wanted to go staggered but for a daily driver I think going with a squared set up is going to be better in the long run. Here is a pic of the wheels

And here is a link to the wheels

SVE Mustang Drift Wheel Kit - 19x9.5 Dark Stainless (05-15)

They are on sale for black friday/cyber monday for $475 which is a great price. They are 19x9.5 which would allow me to run a 275 tire all the way around which for the street would probably be plenty. I like the modern look of the wheels as well. I feel like most people do a 5 spoke like the Bullet wheels or something of that nature. So this is a little different. What do you guys think?

Old 11-26-2014, 09:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Kinda similar design to the Shelby wheels and they look cool. I really like the rims that came on my car (California Special) but I wish I could afford the Hurst Stunner rims sold at Tire Rack - a fan blade style black w/ sliver lip. Soon I will be putting my winter rims on (I hope they fit the GT) Bullitts black w/silver lip.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:43 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Kinda similar design to the Shelby wheels and they look cool. I really like the rims that came on my car (California Special) but I wish I could afford the Hurst Stunner rims sold at Tire Rack - a fan blade style black w/ sliver lip. Soon I will be putting my winter rims on (I hope they fit the GT) Bullitts black w/silver lip.
I like the Stunner wheels as well. But it is really hard to beat $475 for 4 wheels. Do you have the brembo's? if not you shouldn't have any problem with fitment I woudn't think. I have the brembo brakes on mine and it seems like every wheel I like doesn't fit because of the offset. I just came across these and they fit, they look good, they are different, and like I said, it is really hard to beat that price lol

Old 11-27-2014, 10:33 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mine doesn't have the performance upgrade - don't think you could get that package with the California Special.