Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Latest Face Book update lets them spy on you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Talking

Originally Posted by Space
I'm not on FaceBook, but I think it must be a good social network for the amount of people that are member's.

I just don't have that much time...My net time is for the MCF, Auto Sites, Research (personal & professional) + trying to stay caught up with a ton a emails from family/friends around planet earth...

I do my best to master my time, but there's only 24 hours in a day

When I retired, I will become a member...
Thanks `Greg for your Thread & keeping member's updated on what's going on out there on the `web
If you join ronaldreagan.com, you can be guaranteed that your are 100% anonymous.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by GrandPaDave
FWIW, I only have one anonymous FB account so I could shop and/or spy on my competition.

You are a devious one, GPD. I like it!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but the FBI uses facebook all the time to spy on people who wanted your giving them alphabetical order friends and family let also where you go to get coffee every morning what cars you drive who's your girl friend or wife and what your kids and family all look like if you think the government dosent use this as a data bank then you would not b thinking at all... They use this site for information on people don't think for one second they don't

Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 AM

Big companies always have teams of lawyers to help them push the law to it's limits... everything fb is doing is absolutely within the law and terms everyone on it agrees to...
It's sort of like when you get a job and sign the policies... you didn't read it. Then when you get fired for surfing the internet all day sending emails and shopping...

BUT That is the least of your concerns...
I think what everyone here is missing is the fact that if fb developers have coded this "spying ability" then the fact of the matter is everyone on the internet is going to need to be very deliberate with the websites they choose to visit.
Introducing "criminal coders" and "perverted coders" .... For all you know a website you're visiting right now may have the ability to spy on you..

side note...
open up cmd and run a tracert on montecarloforum.com or to any other website
You'll be surprised just how many places the "data" you're sending goes through.. You may think that email you sent was deleted.. but little do you know it's backed up on a server in some facility in the middle of no where

Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by Taz
You are a devious one, GPD. I like it!

You know it Bro'.