Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Kitchen Remodel

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's my latest update bump:

SUNDAY, FEB 12, 2012
Never got around to updating after. But I did pull the cabinet out to redo the plumbing behind it - messed my back up pretty good crawling on the cold floor for 5 hours. But it's done. Every old cabinet in my house, except for the piece w/ the sink/dishwasher is out and has been taken to the dump.

FINISHED!

Redid the hot/cold piping - ran a new flex line for the dishwasher and redid the line that goes to the refrigerator ice maker. Also I put on a master shutoff - which didn't exist before, so hence I had to shut my whole house off in order to do this - but now when it comes time to rip the sink out I can just shut off the kitchen.
EPISODE VI - THE FINAL SAGA
SAT, FEB 18

All drywall is complete - all cabinets are out. Walls have all been painted. I went with a color called Oyster Gray (I think) - it's a light grey, almost a subtle hint of olive green.

I only painted a little past where the new cabinets would go so you'll still see primer in a few spots - not once it's done though.

NEW CABINETS GOING UP!

Spice rack!

All the uppers will be up today and the new range hood. Then I can move on to the sink area and getting those in - then the new floor goes down, and finishing off with the two lower ones next to the stove. Put up the tile back splash behind the stove and I'm pretty much done!

SUN, FEB 19
It's starting to all come together. New sink is in. Most of the cabinets are in. Just some small touch up to do then I can start on the floors and finish off the last few cabinets. Redid my heater duct work under the one cabinet and now I can actually feel the heat coming out of it.

Dumped the old sink

Next to the stove are the only 2 to go - since they sit on top of the floor they'll go in last.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks Great

Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

The new kitchen looks great! Lots of hard work well done!!

Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

It's coming along good. it's rewarding when it's all finished up and you compare the before and after pics.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 PM

Forgot all about this thread. The rest of photos are all in page 1 - but it's been finished for quite some time, so I just snapped some pictures.

My favorite thing about the cabinets (besides the fact that they close themselves) they don't have the middle beam that had magnets to hold the doors shut like my old ones.

Then some have pull out shelves inside.

Also got the pull out piece by the sink

As well as organizers

Then I used some left over counter top to make a top for the piece that holds my Keurig and some misc. stuff

Tile behind the stove:

And finally some crown that I decided last minute to put up (A. because it looks good and B. it saves me from having to cut in when the room needs painted again.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks very nice.......... My sister recently had her new kitchen installed and it has those cabinets that close by themself when they get to a certain point of being closed........

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 04-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice, kraftmaid makes some good stuff, when we re did our kitchen a few years ago we got all kraftmaid cabinets. The pull out cabinets are nice and drawers with that auto close thing are cool too.