Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

From the Staff: * Pardon the dust while we Remodel *

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default * Pardon the dust while we Remodel *

I wanted to make everyone aware of some changes coming about. For a while now, the MCF staff has discussed some changes to hopefully improve MCF.com, making it easier for everyone AND improve access to lots of the valuable information housed here

Changes Made so far:
- Renamed "Forum Problems & Issues" to "MCF Problems & Issues".
- Renamed "General Tech" to "Monte Carlo Repair Help".
- Added sections FWD and RWD Tech Guides (these replace the old idea behind the original "How-To Section".
Important Note: Post #1 in a Tech Guide is to be the guide itself. The "Tech Guides" are meant for write ups, how-to guides, not general questions. As a result, only the staff can move threads into those sections. If you have a guide that should be there, PM the staff, let us know (give us a link to it) and we would be happy to move it into those sections!!
Comments/questions can be added to any guide, even after it's in the appropriate section.

Changes that will be happening over time:
- Prevent new posts to the all the How-To Sections (prep to remove them)
- Move threads from all the How-To Sections into the Tech Guides or appropriate sections.
- Remove the all the old How-To Sections once they have been consolidated.

This will be a large undertaking. Rest assured, NO threads will be deleted, they will ultimately end up in a more suitable place.

So.... Pardon the dust while we Remodel

Old 01-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

sounds like some awesome plans for the forum thanks guys!! idk if you want to put my trans thread in there or not, i didnt go into detail on "how to" install all the parts but i feel its a good reference thread for pics to see how and what is in our trans... all i ask is if you decide to put it in there i will like to keep an open thread like it is as well so i can keep updating it

Old 01-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

We appreciate the hard work

Old 01-16-2014, 04:18 AM

Sounds like some good ideas.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good ideas, it is always nice when things are easy to navigate.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 PM

Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow comments in the "How To" section, if in case someone has a question or found an upgraded/better way to do something?

Old 01-16-2014, 08:52 PM

10 Year Member

@Nas, no worries, what you just mentioned is the intent on the Tech Guide section. I apologize for not explaining that in the first post (which I now edited).
The idea is to be able to get to the actual guide in post #1, rather then read a question and 3 pages later have a great guide (possibly with pics) of information.

I'm slowly moving threads into those sections and finding a lot of old and great information shared from our members over the years.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
This will be a large undertaking. Rest assured, NO threads will be deleted, they will ultimately end up in a more suitable place.

So.... Pardon the dust while we Remodel

Interesting, I have reviewed a few threads and have found that some posts and threads have been deleted. So does that mean that only posts/threads that conform to the new admin's point of view will survive the 'remodel' or is the favoritism/biased structuring of the forum going to cease so the truth can be posted without being chastised, ridiculed or condemned?

Since it seems to be common practice lately to delete threads that contain the truth I don't expect this thread to last long either before it gets deleted...

Old 01-17-2014, 06:22 AM

10 Year Member

Mike (03SSLE) - I have not gone deleting posts or threads. Thread have been moved. Anything put into the Tech Guides had a small rename in the subject header (usually to add a new prefix).
If any posts were deleted or altered, it was prior to me moving the threads.

If it did not qualify as a Tech Guide and the section has been removed, you should be able to find it under Monte Carlo Repair Help.

If you have a specific concern, please PM myself or another member of the staff rather then accuse us of something. Perhaps there is an explanation that can be provided. Or if you are looking for a thread and cannot find it, maybe something happened and it got bumped into the wrong location.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

People, the changes being made were discussed by all the staff before Jason and I swapped places. There are many great ideas in mind to make MCF better. Many of them came from admin Jason himself. I didn't have the time required to do all the work needed. So I stepped aside so our admins Jason and Mike could do what needs to be done around here.

The changes you're seeing here are a work in progress. And will make sense when it's done. When you do renovations on your home, it requires some demolition and making a mess before things get better. It's the same for renovating MCF. MCF wIll have a much better look and feel to it when the work is done.

Thank you to our new admin Jason. He's doing a great job, and learning his way around the vBulltin software quickly.

A big thank you to both our admins Mike and Jason for all the hard work and dedication you bring to MCF.

Quick Reply: From the Staff: * Pardon the dust while we Remodel *