Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Introduce yourself, new AND old members (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/introduce-yourself-new-old-members-17728/)

mrl390 12-23-2009 08:56 PM

Introduce yourself, new AND old members

Well I was looking in the new member area and something dawned on me. When a new member joins, usually they introduce themselves and maybe tell a little about themselves. Well that lets us know who the new members are, but maybe some of the new members dont know much about some of the existing members. I know there have been threads like this before but they have kinda fallen into the black hole of old MCF threads. Maybe we can keep this one going or make it a sticky, then it would make it a whole lot easier for people to get acquainted with each other.

Ill start out.

My name is Matt and I am from Venetia, PA which sits about 20-30 minutes south of pittsburgh. I have lived here all 20 years of my life. I grew up around classic cars; muscle cars, street rods, hot rods, ect. My parents both have old cars of their own, my mom a 55 f100 streetrod and my father is working on a 38 plymouth coupe streetrod and a '69 chevelle SS 396, both of which I help out with whenever possible. I went to votech for autobody in highschool and then went to Wyotech in blairsville, PA for autobody, refinishing, and custom fabrication. I am a body man of 4 years and currently work at a small shop in Canonsburg, PA. I enjoy working with my hands, be it working on cars or just making things in general. I am currently searching for a home of my own so I can venture out into the cruel world on my own and start making something of myself. I drive a 1997 Monte Carlo Z34 which is just an awesome car in so many ways. I like to contribute here as much as possible and share my passion for cars and the automotive field in general. Im glad I joined this forum, its been a great place, everyone here is like family in one way or another.

Ok guys (and gals), its your turn. Tell us a little about yourself.

nitehawkjcb 12-23-2009 10:51 PM

I'm John. 23 years old, almost have an Associate's Degree in Business Administration. Currently a manager at a restaurant. I live in Elizabeth City, NC - about 45 minutes from the Hampton Roads area of VA, and also 45 minutes from the Outer Banks beaches of NC. I have a Monte Carlo that I love, even though it has terrible KR issues, and I just put the other head on today. So now all I need to do is put the LIM and blower on it, then little things like hook up the MAP bracket, coil bracket, etc then hopefully she'll be driving once more. I also have a Prelude that's treated me well over the past two years, and it's a very nice car to drive.

jarheadbobandmax 12-24-2009 01:21 AM

Jarhead here (Tim) God blew air into my lungs some fourtynine years back and I've been pushing forward ever since. I grew up one of four children in a two parent yet seperate household which left us all for the most part fending for and raising ourselfs. I've lived on the Illinios / Wisconsin / Lake Michigan cross section my entrie life less seven years spent in the marine corps. I am dead center 60 miles either way from Chicago and Milwaukee. after High school I joined the marines as a heavy equipment specailist with the first and third landing support divisions thruout the fareast. During my tour I vacationed (spent time) in north africa , korea ,japan the phillipines, beriut and two weeks in the faulklin Islands (grenada) sole job was crane operations with embarkation ...after the service I returned to Illinios and resumed dating my high school GF and have now been married twenty two years. Have two daughters Brittany 21 and Hannah 16 and a grandaughter Oliviah 6 months . after the service I took my experience with heavy equipment and hydraulics and recieved certification as a fluid power specailist trouble shooting, repair and design of hydraulic systems. my wife works with her father in the family sign and graphics company along with her two brothers. she also home schools our daughter Hannah ( both girls have been schooled at home since birth) Brittany is now attending med school with plans on working with special needs young children upon graduation my hobbies are basically trying to contain my over active mind and stay busy with my hands.. as a adult I for the most part continue to stay to myself and those closest to me but this next year i will be stepping out more and get to meet with the midwestern mcf'ers so thats me

God_Bot 12-24-2009 11:57 AM

Alright!

I'm Garrett, a graphic design student in Laramie, Wyoming. I originally started out in architectural design, heard about graphic design and decided to try it out. According to my mom I've always be interested in cars. Always had hot-wheels, R/C cars, and anything else that had wheels. I think my dad's '71 Camaro SS/RS may have had something to do with it.

Anyway I'm looking into design at the moment and would like to work in an auto related job. If not, I'll end up going back to a tech school and see if I can't get into some custom car design type stuff.

I currently drive my '06 3LT Monte Carlo as my daily. Also have an '03 Honda 400ex sport quad that's street legal and an '87 Porsche 944 that I just got with plans to put in an LS1 or LQ4.

seawolf18 12-25-2009 01:01 PM

I'm Dan, 27 years young from Yankton, South Dakota about 70 miles south west of Sioux Falls on the Nebraska border. I have an Associate's degree in Computer Science. I have one son that is 18 months old.

I am currently work for the State of South Dakota as a DOT Officer(work at the weigh stations). I have been working there for the past five years, as I couldn't find a computer related job when I got out of school.

I currently own a 2001 Monte Carlo SS. I have always liked the looks of the 00-05, ever since they came out, and all this one needs is some tinted windows. I also have a 1980 Chevy 4X4 truck, that has came in very handy the last few days due to all the snow we have received lately.

Then there is my pride and joy, a 2002 Camaro Z-28 35th Anniversary. LS1, 6-speed, and many many mods. I have always wanted a Camaro since I was a little kid, and now I have one. Plus its paid off, lol. I am also a die hard chevy man, and probably always will be.

03JGMonte 12-25-2009 01:17 PM

im Mike im 21, i drive a 2003 Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon raised from the dead, as well as a 2006 GMC Sierra W/T with many mods, i live in Missouri, & i do autobody work for a living.

SpinEm_90 12-25-2009 11:03 PM

Great idea Matt!

Okay hmm Ill try to make this as short as possible...

Well I'm Brittany and here are some key points about me:
  • Born in Saint Louis county 19 years ago
  • Currently living in Pensacola, Florida
  • Work at a vet clinic
  • Going to University of West Florida (possibly transferring to SLU or Truman State)
  • Double majoring in general biology and business management or marketing
  • Major life goal is to open up a huge (main floor 300,000+ square feet) aquarium in the Saint Louis area
  • 8 credit hours away from being a junior in college
  • Spent most of my life in a small town
  • My dad is a mechanic and an ex-street racer of Saint Louis so naturally as you can imagine I have been around cars and racing all of my life
  • Absolutely love anything to do with auto racing—favorites are dirt track racing and NASCAR—favorite driver is Dale Earnhardt Senior =D
  • Really close/loyal to my family and friends
  • Some passions/hobbies: cars, ocean life, zoology, racing, chillin with friends and family, training and riding horses, dancing, designing things, writing, 4-wheelin, and photography
  • Have a Pomeranian named Gizmo and a ball python named Lightening and they both live in Missouri with my parents
Quick facts about my cars:
  • First car was a black 1997 Plymouth Breeze—has over 255,000 miles on it right now
  • Now drive a black and silver 2004 Supercharged Monte Carlo SS
    • Surprise gift from my parents in late May 2008
    • She had 18,500 miles when i got her--now she has around 38,000 miles on her
    • In the process of becoming a one-of-a-kind Intimidator Monte Carlo SS
    • Keeping her forever =]
  • Future Dream Cars:
    • Weekend Car - Black 1984 Monte Carlo SS
    • Work Car – New Black Silverado Hybrid
    • Family Car – lowered Black Trailblazer SS
    • Show Cars - Black with chrome trim 1957 Chevy Bel Air
Oh and if you haven’t already figured it out…I’m really ambitious and I LOVE to dream lol!

Okay I've rambled long enough...told you I loved to write...should have thrown talking in there :D:rolleyes::D

Jomao_o 12-26-2009 11:53 AM

Hi all, my name is Jose. I am 22 live in Bladensburg, Md.
I drive an 04 Dale Sr ^.^, i am married and have a 16 month old named Noah.
I was born in El Salvador, Central America; lived there til I was eight.
Due to the wars in my country at the time, my parents moved to the US, later bringing me to this lovely country in 94' have been here ever since.
This is 'technically' my first car, hence my name on the title and insurance lol
Everyday i am learning from this vehicle and very courteous members on this site.

AwesomeSS 12-26-2009 12:19 PM

My name is Amy and I'm 38 years old. I have lived my whole life in Arlington Heights, IL. I went away for college and went to the University of Kansas to get my Fine Arts Degree in painting and printmaking. Graduated and came back home and went to design school, bought my own Mac and self taught myself the graphics software. I have been working in the printing/graphics industry for 15 years now - and it is rough. I now live in Wauconda, IL with my fiance of 7 years. We met at a car show back in 2003 - he was checking out my 03 Monte Carlo LOL because he has owned many Montes in his past. I have owned about half a dozen cars and by far my favorite is the 6th gen Montes - that's why I have 2!

Teacher 12-26-2009 01:37 PM

I guess it is my Turn. My name is Todd and I live in a small farming town in "Gods Country" as space likes to say. I currently teach middle school reading. I get the kids who are failing and try to make them successful. I hope to continue doing this, but the economy is making it difficult as we will be laying off more teachers again this year.

I graduated from Oregon State University with 2 bachelors degrees and I am now back in school working on my Masters Degree.

I have a 2004 Mont Carlo SS that if I keep will be supercharged. I also have a 1990 Chevy Suburban that is my dog's truck and the boat hauler.

jarheadbobandmax 12-26-2009 04:52 PM

great story

[quote=Jomao_o;185927]Hi all, my name is Jose. I am 22 live in Bladensburg, Md.
I drive an 04 Dale Sr ^.^, i am married and have a 16 month old named Noah.
I was born in El Salvador, Central America; lived there til I was eight.
Due to the wars in my country at the time, my parents moved to the US, later bringing me to this lovely country in 94' have been here ever since.
This is 'technically' my first car, hence my name on the title and insurance lol
Everyday i am learning from this vehicle and very courteous members on this site.[/quote

Jose so many of us born of this country can find fault here and there and unless we step onto forieng soil and see living conditions and personal rights and restrictive goverments it really dosen't fully occure to us that we do live in the greatest country on Gods great earth. without this thread I never would have known what your family has overcome. Thankyou for sharing. Jarhead

nascar43 12-26-2009 07:28 PM

..my self........

My name is Richard Duncan. I am 46 yrs old . I have lived in Little Rock AR my entire life. I was adopted in 1970 at the age of six by two loving parents.
I have always loved cars and hot rods but never could afford one and my Dad was very protective of me. He lost two infant daughters at seperate times during his first marriage.
After h.s. I whent to body shop school but never could get hooked up with the right person or shop and after a short
time with that career I learned drafting/design. I worked in that field for nearly 10 years.
I now work for a reprographics company in L.R. ( Southern Reprographics Inc. )but I commute to our Hot Springs office each day.
My Father whent to be with Jesus last Christmas ( 12-21-08) and my Mom is in a nursing/rehab facility.
Yeah ,I have a lot on my plate......but God is good...All the time.
I finally reached a point where I could purchase a factory hot-rod/ or a hot rod last fall. I love my 05 MC SS Supercharged so far.
I have owned a 78 Chevette and I joke with people and tell them that I owned a 78 "Vette" at one time.
85 Cavalier Type-10 hatchback and presently own a 96 S10 4.3 (X series motor)
Here is a link to my photo bucket page that I add to each week.
http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/decolores43/

I am a Christian and a patriot. I support our Troops and never forget the Freedoms that Our Parents and Grand Parents fought and died for.
Be Blessed.

skylark65 12-27-2009 01:22 PM

my name is Ryan, im a lifetime resident of buzzkill, pa, and senior in high school and i go to our local vo tech school in the parts and service management class. my '97 monte carlo LS is my first street legal car, i bought it as a replacement for my '84 oldsmobile custom cruser station wagon. i was given the olds as a trade for some yardwork for an 80 year old lady, it was real nice and solid but it had too many issues, so i sold it for $400, and the same day i bought my monte for $400. i have scince sunk about $700 into it to get it street legal, and i love it. i also badged it as an RS because thats my initals.

lesseee.... i've grown up around cars, my dad is a MAJOR greahead, i would say he has had probibly 70 + classics and other special interest vehicles in the last 17 years, plus a couple hundred before that. i have grown up going to swap- meets, car shows, dragstrips, junkyards and hunting for cars in the woods. right now my dad has a '57 chevy belair 4 door station wagon with a 350 / T10 4 speed project, a stock '54 chevy 210 2 door sedan straight 6 / powerglide with 30k miles thats another project, a '49 international KB1 panel truck project with a SBC 350 / turbo 350, a '56 chevy 2 door hardtop that was an old drag car that ran a 327 / T10, full steel body and ran a 12 second pass during its hayday in the mid 60's ( think 2 lane blacktop) and he also has a black '96 monte carlo Z34 with a rare factory bodykit and "SS" badging, 3.4 DOHC, and a ton of options. its kinda run into the ground, though, so it needs work to be drivable.

My project car is a black 1965 buick skylark 2 door sedan, its a really nice stock example for now with a 301 CI 2bbl V8, and a turbo 400 auto. i have the windows & interior out to install new carpets and weatherstrippig. i have a 425 CI big block "nailhead" V8 from a '66 buick riviara awaiting a rebuild that will eventually get stuffed into the buick for a lil more power :D :D before the buick i also had a '51 dodge 1/2 ton pickup that i would tinker with, it was from albiquorki new mexico and had no rust whatsoever, but needed alot of work to make it streetable, and it got sold to a collector about 2 years ago, and its compleatly restored now :)

06MCSS 12-27-2009 05:57 PM

Jim, 40 something, south suburbs of Chicago, in the outskirts....Director for a technology company overseeing four data centers, travel quite a bit. Great wife and four kids along with a dog, cat, fish and salamander. My 06 SS is great and will be in the process of mods to increase HP this spring. I drive it about 2 months a year...otherwise stored during these wonderful Chicago winters.
I will have more pictures in the spring.

RocknSS04 12-27-2009 08:39 PM

I'm Wayne. I'm one, if not THE oldest member in here. I'll be 56 in March. I've been a gearhead and a stereo freak all my life. My 1st car was a '64 Impala SS, with a custom stereo. Pretty much every car I've ever had has had one (but not all).
I'm currently an unemployed tool & die moldmaker. I'll be teaching CAM ,NC, and precision measurement at Lake Michigan College in 2 weeks (PT job). I'm married, but no kids. My Dad will be 93 Jan. 1. I laid my Mom to rest 3 weeks ago, and my sister passed 2 weeks later at 48. I am a member and Trustee for a local Baptist Church.
This is my 3rd Monte Carlo. A 'red '95 LS, a black '01 LE SS, and now this '04 Intimidator SS, with 123K on the clock. We also have a '99 Silverado Z71 Sportside, reg' cab, an '82 Olds 98 Regency 2 door coupe that's a garage queen, and LadyT's red '07 Solstice GXP, "Lucy", a turbocharged 2.0L Ecotec pushing about 350 BHP, and tons of custom work, including custom leather interior work.
I've been a moderator here for about a year or so. I promise am going to try my HARDEST to return this forum to being TOTALLY family friendly.

Enzo354 12-27-2009 09:12 PM

Well to follow up on the oldest member here, I think im the youngest at 17 lol. Im from a farm in Nebraska, and Ive always loved cars and rc cars. I get tons of freetime out here so I expiriment alot. But yea thats about all.

MAMONTE 12-28-2009 09:44 AM

I'm Michael. I am 22 years old. I just graduated from San Jose State University with a Bachelors in Business Marketing. I am the Branch manager of a staffing company. I've lived in San Jose, CA my entire life, and while somethings about the Bay Area can suck, I still like the many good things this area has to offer. In the summer months I spend much of my free time taking drives over the mountains to Santa Cruz to be near the ocean! :)

I love cars, and Love my car. I've loved everyone of my cars, but since I got the Monte, I realized how much I REALLY love this car. I've been into cars since I was old enough to know what one was. I am a GM guy at heart, always have been, always will be! :)

ChibiBlackSheep 12-28-2009 09:57 AM

Hey everyone. I'm your residential sarcastic and moderator Mike :)

I'm 23, and live in NE Philadelphia. Grew up in the Poconos, but got away for college and never went back. I'm a Graphic Designer at a company that sells activated carbon (that stuff in Brita filters). I mostly do all of their interior sales documents, since we sell to companies and not people, you most likely will never see anything that I have made haha.

I drive a 2000 Monte Carlo SS. Black, fully loaded, ordered from the factory and in my family since the very first mile put on it. It currently has over 165,000 miles. It was stock for most of its life, and was a daily driver ever since the day it was purchased. I took the car from my parents about 4 years ago. They gave it to me as a gift, but I later purchased it from them, and continue to help them out with finances. About a year and a half ago, I found this site, and started reading constantly about Monte Carlos and L36 powered vehicles. Then decided it was time to start working on my car. My father was a mechanic for about 10 years, then he went into construction, so it's nice to have something to share with him (the love of cars) He has a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. Now I have a Monte Carlo that I'm very proud of, because I helped to make it what it is.

Not too long ago I was asked to be a moderator, and I just couldn't say no. I love this place. I'm always online and it's a second family to me.

rj 12-28-2009 12:48 PM

My name is RJ. (no.... it does not stand for Rick James incase you're wondering)

I'm 51 yrs young. Many say they can't believe some of the stuff a guy my age does. Meaning I do not act my age. (not that I ever have)

Living my entire life in the shadow of Dayton, OH........ I grew up in a small community. Being the only boy AND the youngest my sisters used to beat the crap out of me cause they thought it was fun. But they also used to stick up for me if anyone else tried to mess with me. I guess they felt it was their duty and their's alone to make my life miserable?

My dad was not a motor head. He would change a flat tire or something like that but I never saw him do much else on cars. I'm told he used to paint cars for extra cash but that was a long time before I came in to the world. I've always been very mechanically inclined (I would take things apart and put them back together again before I even started school) so working on cars came natural to me. Where I picked it up was a girl in my class at school had an older brother who owned a red '55 Chevy 2-door Sedan. To make the excuse of helping Terry work on his '55, I'd get to see his sister just by being at their house. This was in 1970 when I was 12 yrs old. In 1972 I got my very car. A 1957 Chevy BelAir 2-door Hardtop. It was a basket case so to speak. But the price was $150. Relutantly my parents paid it letting me know it was my high school graduation present. It sat in the back yard for 18 months before I ever got to drive it. A local salvage yard used to take pity on a broke high school kid and sell me parts for $1.

Currently I own:
'57 Chevy BelAir Hardtop(my very first car), 327 V8, Saginaw 4-speed
'57 Chevy Two-Ten 4-door Sedan, 283 V8, poweglide
'57 Chevy Belair Hardtop, 302 V8, Muncie 4-speed
'57 Chevy windowed Sedan Delivery (rumored to be 1 of 92 made in 1957), 253 6 cylinder, 3-speed
'57 Chevy One-Fifty Handyman 2-door Wagon, 350 V8, Muncie 4-speed
'57 Chevy Two-Ten 2-door Sedan DelRay, 350 V8, Muncie 4-speed

'86 LS Monte Carlo, 305 H O V8, 200-4R transmission
'06 LTZ Monte Carlo, 3.9 V6, O/D transmission

'93 Dodge Shadow ES, 3.0 V6, O/D transmission
'94 Ddoge Shadow ES, 3.0 V6, O/D transmission

People ask me how I made it from Classic Chevies to Monte Carlos? I've always thought the Monte was a very nice looking car. The mid-80s SS Montes were my all time favorites. My father tried to talk me in to buying a new SS back in the 1980s but I backed out. Now........ I wish I had.

SpinEm_90 12-28-2009 02:46 PM

wow RJ, thats incredible how many cars you got! i noticed that you didn't mention your 03 pace car? do you not have that one anymore?

RocknSS04 12-28-2009 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90 (Post 186400)
wow RJ, thats incredible how many cars you got! i noticed that you didn't mention your 03 pace car? do you not have that one anymore?

Ya, RJ, what about the '03 Pace Car?? And how many Monte's does SHE have???

shingding88 12-28-2009 04:46 PM

ok lets give this a try. my names Brandon. i live in the frozen-tundra of Johnstown, pa (few hours east of pittsburgh). i was pretty much born with a wrench in my hand. my dad "claims" that he isnt a motorhead but every time i do something to my 04 monte ls he just looks at it, shakes his head, and smiles as he walks away. my mom hates my car cuase its "loud" but thats what moms do. Im in a car club called Total Kaos. they are based out of Davidsville, Pa (the middle of nowhere). we are growning and becoming more known throughout the state. the car i own now is by far my favorite car that i have ever owned. ad i love nothing more than bein in the garage with my friends and a cold six-pack working on it. thanks for readin guys :)

Cowboy6622 12-28-2009 06:21 PM

I'm Duane Black, (facebook profile http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1406943555). I have recently tried to make a bit of comeback from a hiatus of this forum, and I think I'm halfway successful. This gets rather long, but I've tried to keep it amusing.

I once held the reins of the youngest member here (Danged 'ol whipper-snappers came and took that from me). I joined a couple months after getting my Monte Carlo in 2007 at about 17 years, 6 months old. I learned alot and quickly became one of the more active members. There are very few here now who were here then. I remember when Taz, Brock, Garret and the such all came on board (and all won Monte of the Month before me... sheesh!), and I remember when I ahd more posts than chibiblacksheep or taz, and was like number 7 on the top 10 poster list. I remember the forum crash of the summer of '08. I've seen the Monte Carlo Forum at it's best and worst as far as the cohesion and unity of the members. I sound like one of the old guys talking about the good ol' days now! *chases all the kids off his lawn*

I'm a native of Henderson, NC, moved to nearby Oxford, NC at 6 years old and spent my 13 years of public school education there. I started a model car collection at about 12-13 years old with a 1:18 Maisto 1969 Ford Torino Talladega and dreamed of owning a 68-9 Torino from that day forward. At the time, I was die hard Ford, but I opened my eyes around 15-16 years old and started appreciating Chevrolets and Dodges as well. I started out driving dads 1993 Chevrolet Silverado, and after I had some driving experience under my belt my parents matched whatever I would put into a car, and I bought a 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo from a private seller in Raleigh, NC. The car had right at 80,000 miles at the time, and now it is approaching 104,000. I've learned alot about the car since then. The only thing to ever go wrong is the air conditioning. It's had some oil changes and new plugs/wires, and that's it! The car goes back and forth with me each week to Campbell University, where I am studying History with Teaching Certificate concentration!

On April 12th, 2009, my parents erected a scheme to keep me coming home from college on weekends to visit by buying a 1968 Ford Torino GT, original 390 car for me to restore. It had some rusted out spots in the trunk behind the tires, rusted out floor pans, but was a fairly solid car. I've learned more than I ever dreamed about fiberglassing, bondoing, and engine work from my father who once owned a body shop in Florida and worked for Henry Ford at the dealership as well. I'm getting closer to completion every day! I post updates occasionally (the most recent of which is here https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17582 and here https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16470)

But this forum has changed alot since I've been here. There are only about about 4-5 or so of the members who were active when I joined up who are active now, and a couple of those joined when I did! It's a different forum now, with different people. But I'm still here, even though I went on hiatus there for a few months. Hopefully I'm here for another 3000 posts or so! I'm sure that in another year or so some of you who are hear now will have left, and some new active members will have come along, and the cycle will continue on!!

Good idea for a thread Matt (you're one of those guys who came on about the time i did I think). It's good to get acquainted with all the new people who join up every so often!

dirty mech 12-28-2009 06:57 PM

I am Ryan i joined the forum some time back when i lived in Colorado. i have been married for almost 4 years now i currently own a 2001 SS. i have owned a few cars in all my 24 years my first being a '68 Camaro * sobs* but life goes on... i am in the military and have been for a lil over 6 years now and have been to iraq 3 times (just finished ) and korea once ... and currently in ft hood TX. i have tried diffrent cars out and seem to always drift back to domestics. i am proud to live in a great country and would never live anywhere else. a little history... i was born and raised in montana and lived near glacier int'nl park.

knightfan26917 12-29-2009 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90 (Post 185871)
Weekend Car - Black 1984 Monte Carlo SS

*raises eyebrow*

As far as I know, the 1984 SSs did not have black as a factory color option.... BUT ... I have seen at least one that was painted black ... and the interior switched to black as well.

As for me...ya'll know me. Right? ;)

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" ... Elmo'N'Patsy ... 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'

The Popcorn King 12-29-2009 08:02 AM

WOW! I feel like i'm in an A.A. meeting. :D:D

As for me, there's not Much to tell.

Was born in LA ( no, not East LA, so dont go there :eek::eek: ) but lived in Compton most of my life. Been working on cars since i was 10. Father was a mechanic. Met my wife Lisa over the Internet. Been together for 6 years now. Marrieds for 4 years. We have a 12 yr old son named Jonny. I think he is a bigger gear head then i am. LOL His real father passed away when he was 7. I took the responsibility of raising him as my own.

I've owned many cars and trucks over my life time. Some old, some new, some domestic, and imports.

What brought me here? I used to own a 97 Monte. Its gone now. But i am still here.

Now i'm back in a Van again ( at least its a Chevy ), but i still remain here as part of the MCF family.

WOW!! So much for not having much to tell. :D:D:D

Originally Posted by knightfan26917 (Post 186644)

Never seen you before. Do you have any I.D.? :D:D:D

jarheadbobandmax 12-29-2009 08:30 AM

*raises eyebrow*

As far as I know, the 1984 SSs did not have black as a factory color option.... BUT ... I have seen at least one that was painted black ... and the interior switched to black as well.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" ... Elmo'N'Patsy ... 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'

Actually no. Some of us newbe's may not

rj 12-29-2009 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04 (Post 186429)
Ya, RJ, what about the '03 Pace Car?? And how many Monte's does SHE have???

Wayne, I don't refer to the '03 Pace car as a "She." lol :)

East 12-29-2009 11:19 AM

My name is Brian. I am currently attending Kent State for Visual Communication Design (Graphic Design concentration). I should be graduating by the time I'm 26, as I'm 24 now. I grew up in NE Ohio and moved to South Carolina for approximately one year before returning, and I've been here ever since. My life mainly consists of college, some work, my girlfriend, and a few friends who've stuck proved worthwhile to have over the years.

I own a 6th gen Monte Carlo SS and a 4th gen Firebird Formula currently. My first car was a 97 Mitsubishi Gallant, which was the worst car I've ever owned. I was originally sold on domestics when I was forced to drive the worst looking vehicle ever, a 93 aerostar that was rusting apart. I ran that van until it was at about 230k and everything on it didn't work, but it just kept running no matter what I put it through, I even took it to Florida and back. Of course, the engine was manufactured here in Ohio too.

What sold me on GM, was working day and night on my friends 74 El Camino, enjoying beer and just having good times. After that, I purchased the 2000 Malibu and sold it after I bought the Monte. Now I regularly visit Lordstown (which produces cobalts, and soon the cruze), where my girlfriend currently lives. I know quite a bit of people out that way, so naturally I fit in fine.

Family life is mainly my mom and her side of the family as divorce took place after my sister and I turned 18. My father is mentally ill and lives down south somewhere homeless. My sister, is a lesbian and I don't have any problem with that. I guess my main goal now is to get finished up with college, land a job and move out with my girlfriend and get married sometime. We've been together for two years and seem to be fine together so I'll see how things go between us in the meantime.

It's been good reading everyone elses stories and such, everyone here definitely seems interesting.

nascar43 12-29-2009 11:20 AM

....getting to know everyone....

....This has been a great idea so far. I have enjoyed reading the mini bio's
on everyone even if it is just two lines to 4-5 paragraphs. It's interesting
of all the different backgrounds that we have. Some were born with wrenches
in their hands and others have just picked up this hobby, passion and love for cars.
I envy you guys that have had Parents that got you involved with this passion
from the very start. Some of you might have had a Playschool plastic pedal car
or a homemade go-cart or models ( like myself ) from the beginning. But the passion is there. :)
Barry Meguire ("Car Crazy ") says it best when have a desire, a passion for something
like the Car hobby we need to pursue it and live as best you can and when you can.
I am late , getting into it because of financial constraints but I'm here now and I Love it so far.

....Love the Lord, your family, and enjoy your car. :)

RickAKATed10 12-29-2009 11:52 AM

I'm Rick, my nick name is Ted, and I drive Mr. Burns.

God_Bot 12-29-2009 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 (Post 186769)
I'm Rick, my nick name is Ted, and I drive Mr. Burns.

Haha! Nice and simple. My favorite introduction so far.

RickAKATed10 12-29-2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by God_Bot (Post 186796)

Thanks. I figured this is a car forum, and the basics are all that is important. No one here wants to know my life story or ambitions. lol

rj 12-30-2009 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by God_Bot (Post 186796)

I could have posted, "Hi my name is RJ and I'm a Monteaholic."
lol

RocknSS04 12-30-2009 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by rj (Post 187090)
I could have posted, "Hi my name is RJ and I'm a Monteaholic."
lol

Hi my name is RJ and I'm a '57 Chevyaholic. LOL!

ChibiBlackSheep 12-30-2009 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD (Post 186667)
WOW! I feel like i'm in an A.A. meeting. :D

^^^^^

SpinEm_90 12-30-2009 03:03 PM

*raises eyebrow*

yeahh i've heard that somewhere too but regardless when i get an 84 it will be a complete restoration project including a custom paint job and custom interior

03JGMonte 12-30-2009 05:19 PM

hey be sure to give me a call when u want that custom paint job on the 84 i can do it lol

mrl390 12-30-2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 (Post 186455)
Good idea for a thread Matt (you're one of those guys who came on about the time i did I think). It's good to get acquainted with all the new people who join up every so often!

Thanks Duane. I thought it would be a good idea. Im glad to see its catching on. Yeah I believe you joined a few months before me. Wow we've been here for over 2 years now.

rj 12-30-2009 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04 (Post 187109)
Hi my name is RJ and I'm a '57 Chevyaholic. LOL!

Well that too. :)