Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

If I had a nickel for every time someone...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:44 AM

Here's another one. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me I'm going to get killed chasing storms, I'd be a multibillionaire.

I'm more likely to get killed at my regular job than I am while I'm chasing storms. I'm more likely to be killed driving to work than I am anything else. Storm chasing spans 40-50 years at this point. Only 3 have been killed. There are definitely risks, but I can much more easily mitigate those risks than I can some drunk driver when I'm driving home from my 2nd shift job.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Here's another one. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me I'm going to get killed chasing storms, I'd be a multibillionaire.

I'm more likely to get killed at my regular job than I am while I'm chasing storms. I'm more likely to be killed driving to work than I am anything else. Storm chasing spans 40-50 years at this point. Only 3 have been killed. There are definitely risks, but I can much more easily mitigate those risks than I can some drunk driver when I'm driving home from my 2nd shift job.
I think those 3 were in Oklahoma, in 2013 2nd Tornado that hit after the May 20th in Moore I think. Be Careful!!

Old 04-23-2015, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Here's another one.
If I had a nickel for every time someone said:
Has anyone ever told you, you Look like Dale Earnhardt?
We want a picture with you.
Is that you on the Hersey candy bar wrapper?
Let me take a picture of you sitting in My Car.
I could sponsor the race car for at least 3 seasons.

Attached Thumbnails If I had a nickel for every time someone...-did-anyone-ever-tell-u-3-.jpg   If I had a nickel for every time someone...-did-anyone-ever-tell-u-10-.jpg   If I had a nickel for every time someone...-did-anyone-ever-tell-u-4-.jpg   If I had a nickel for every time someone...-did-anyone-ever-tell-u-9-.jpg   If I had a nickel for every time someone...-did-anyone-ever-tell-u-8-.jpg  

Old 04-24-2015, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
I think those 3 were in Oklahoma, in 2013 2nd Tornado that hit after the May 20th in Moore I think. Be Careful!!
31 May 2013 near El Reno, OK. They ran a particularly aggressive chase style trying to put probes in the tornado's path. They'd had close calls before, but that time got them.

EDIT: We should have a permanent memorial for the Twistex team up in June or July at the site where their mangled car was found. I'll probably be the one hauling it out to the site since I have a 4x4 truck and access to a flatbed.

Here's my blog with a couple pics of what's there currently at the site. I decided this year to start a blog solely for my storm chasing.

http://stormchasingtankervet.blogspo...chase-but.html

Last edited by SupplySgt; 04-24-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
31 May 2013 near El Reno, OK. They ran a particularly aggressive chase style trying to put probes in the tornado's path. They'd had close calls before, but that time got them.

EDIT: We should have a permanent memorial for the Twistex team up in June or July at the site where their mangled car was found. I'll probably be the one hauling it out to the site since I have a 4x4 truck and access to a flatbed.

Here's my blog with a couple pics of what's there currently at the site. I decided this year to start a blog solely for my storm chasing.

Storm Chasing Veteran Tanker: Not a chase but...
I was down there shortly after all that happened and a few months later I was visiting with some folks, sitting have coffee and this lady that was talking about the Moore Tornado that happened back in the 90's said she lost her husband, that was bad. With no underground shelters sometimes you can't get away from it.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I had a nickel for every time someone asked why I treat the Monte better than the Camaro... I'd sure be rich

Old 04-25-2015, 07:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

oh yeah- what kind of car is that
I guess that Monte Carlo badge is unreadable.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Here's another one.
If I had a nickel for every time someone said:
Has anyone ever told you, you Look like Dale Earnhardt?
We want a picture with you.
Is that you on the Hersey candy bar wrapper?
Let me take a picture of you sitting in My Car.
I could sponsor the race car for at least 3 seasons.

btw I showed my wife your pic she called you the "Intwinidator"

Old 04-26-2015, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by singrseanr
btw I showed my wife your pic she called you the "Intwinidator"
That's pretty cool! Last year I was in Florida for 6 weeks and I couldn't go anywhere with out somebody making a comment, one day I was in a little town in Alabama. Had lunch at this little café and they waitress went nut's and then everybody in the place wanted to take a photo with me. ha, its fun stuff, Dale was a loved guy. So ever since I met him back in the 80's and had now idea who he was?!?! I have had respect for him as well as his Fans. They want a picture and I can handle it.
Especially when Pretty Girls are involved.

Attached Thumbnails If I had a nickel for every time someone...-daleshow.jpg