Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I think my brothers crazy what do you think...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM

The most he'd need is 300hp, and you don't even need that. At 300hp that thing will be flying! 600hp isn't exactly unheard of from 4cyl, just look at what people do to Subaru's. But, it sounds to me like he's going to try to do the build himself, if he's going to try to hit 600hp, at least he should let a shop do the tuning and stuff for him, the build will last longer and be safer.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I intend to let him make his own mistakes I've learned from mine and hopefully he will. I wish he'd take it to the track but honestly my brothers a complete idiot he tries to even race grandpas and when they dont co operate on the highway with his challenge to race he basically swerves at him. I know he wont go to a track he is big into the whole street racing thing. My fear and sad realization is he will get killed street racing or because of his cokyness. Its a hrad thing to swallow but I hope he is humbled someday soon so that neither of those fears become a reality.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i doubt he makes it to 300 hp.
Who knows, he is blowing money left and right I know he just got a CAI and an new upgraded throttle body. and 600hp in an automatic very light 4 cyl sounds ridiculous to me.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Who knows, he is blowing money left and right I know he just got a CAI and an new upgraded throttle body. and 600hp in an automatic very light 4 cyl sounds ridiculous to me.
the way i see it is like buying a new saddle for a dying horse

Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I intend to let him make his own mistakes I've learned from mine and hopefully he will. I wish he'd take it to the track but honestly my brothers a complete idiot he tries to even race grandpas and when they dont co operate on the highway with his challenge to race he basically swerves at him. I know he wont go to a track he is big into the whole street racing thing. My fear and sad realization is he will get killed street racing or because of his cokyness. Its a hrad thing to swallow but I hope he is humbled someday soon so that neither of those fears become a reality.
He really does sound like an idiot. I'm not into going to the track, but I don't street race either, unless it's like one of my friends is revving at me at a stoplight and it's to 60mph, lol. Street racing is bad though, if you're lucky, your brother will be caught by the law before he gets himself killed. Street racing actually does big time in jail. Maybe he'll learn. I've learned from my speeding tickets, that speeding really isn't worth it.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by brendan127
The most he'd need is 300hp, and you don't even need that. At 300hp that thing will be flying! 600hp isn't exactly unheard of from 4cyl, just look at what people do to Subaru's. But, it sounds to me like he's going to try to do the build himself, if he's going to try to hit 600hp, at least he should let a shop do the tuning and stuff for him, the build will last longer and be safer.
My ex-boss had an Impreza with 548 HP and he told me all the mods cost him well over 10k, I dont c my brother ever having 10k to blow on a $900 car or even have it running as nice as my boss did his impreza

Old 02-02-2012, 08:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Brothers do dumb stuff. If I had a dollar for all the dumb stuff my brother has done over the years I could build a 600 hp Monte

Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by brendan127
He really does sound like an idiot. I'm not into going to the track, but I don't street race either, unless it's like one of my friends is revving at me at a stoplight and it's to 60mph, lol. Street racing is bad though, if you're lucky, your brother will be caught by the law before he gets himself killed. Street racing actually does big time in jail. Maybe he'll learn. I've learned from my speeding tickets, that speeding really isn't worth it.
Thats the same lesson I learned well, I've never had a speeing ticket but after having 3 other tickets and having to watch myself carfully not to speed even a little or I'd lose my lisc. I've learned speeding is not worth it. I hope the law does get ahold of him joining the marines jsut made him more cocky and hes still got the attitude of wanting to go overseas to just kill people. He really is an idiot.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Brothers do dumb stuff. If I had a dollar for all the dumb stuff my brother has done over the years I could build a 600 hp Monte
If I had a quarter for every stupid thing my brother has done, said, thought or been drug into I seriously think I'd be a millionare.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:01 PM

On the topic of a 600hp car.

WRX Sti (570 HP, 573 TQ) Tuned by Topspeed - YouTube

It says in the description it took $12k in mods to reach that, just look in that engine bay. I know a journalist for subypal.com, he used to have a legit subaru but I believe he was a responsible adult when driving it. He now owns an H3 and loves driving it in the sand dunes in Florida and takes 10+ seconds to get to 60 lol. It also eats gas.

Plus I hope he realizes someday the car he bought was crap not yours. My friend just got an eclipse, and yes it looks cool, but it's a huge pile of junk. If he wants a fast car that's good and will cost the same amount as his eclipse + the mods. Tell him he should go get Godzilla. If you know much about cars you know who Godzilla is lol.

Last edited by brendan127; 02-02-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: I think my brothers crazy what do you think...