Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I need some advice on my legal troubles...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Too bad you weren't driving a Toyota. That story always works these days....

Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

just for the heck of it, did they read you your miranda rights? I had to fight this and it cost me about $3000 but I did get out of my second DUI! The officer that pulled me over never read them to me but I live in a one cop town! I stiil had to pony up the funds for my lawyer though!

Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

he said i was put under arrest for a contest of speed on a public motorway which is a class B misdemeanor, that was it, but i dont think bringing that up is gonna help much, it might drag the case out and reset my court date but without a decent lawyer thats not gonna help at all

Old 07-31-2010, 05:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I tried something like that not reading rights defense. When I got busted one time the cop would not even show me his badge (he was undercover and looked about 20). The judge seemed interested in this (even the cop admitted this in court), but they threw the book at me.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:00 AM

Dude Dude DUDE!!! DO NOT plead guilty, whatever you did, if you ARE guilty, if everyone knows it, DONT plead guilty. Public defenders do help as much as they can, but they can only do so much. You should talk with him and get it continued untill you can afford the REAL lawyer. But, the whole thing about not pleading guilty is, you do that and the state will offer you a plea deal meaning, if you dont decide to wait to afford a lawyer, they will let you off most of the way with the plea deal if you havnt been in too much trouble with this same subject. Dont ever count on a cop not showing up, they recieve a summons prior to the trial so hes gonna show up. Also if you dont like the plea bargain they offer you, you can denie it and see if they can lower the penalty even lower, be very carful when doing this, after you denie it, they can drop the deal and not let you off anything. The public defender will help you out on what you should do as far as acceptin the deal or trying to lower it.
I know this because Ive been in a similar situation, I got a class X felony lowered to the lowest kind of felony there is with just the help of a public defender.
Im sure there is somthing Im leaving out and that im forgetting so Ill throw it in if I remember. Good luck and rememeber DONT PLEAD GUILTY (at least the first time) wait for the plea bargain the states attuorny *spelling*?
If this is your first time getting in trouble with this, I can almost gauruntee you wont get the maximum penalty though.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member

lol first time for drag racing, but i got about 4 speeding tickets on my record and 8 points on my license, the limit is 12. Every other time i got in trouble i was a minor so the courts handled it differently. Im prob just gonna go no contest and see if theyll give me a deal, and explain my family situation to the da and that i know i ****ed up blah blah blah. lets hope for the best, hopefully i''ll have good news monday afternoon, if i dont post you know sumtin happened lol

Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 AM

Well I can say almost for sure nothing will happen the first time yuo go to court. If anything it usually takes about 4-6 months before all the court sht is done with and they make a final decision.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
just for the heck of it, did they read you your miranda rights? I had to fight this and it cost me about $3000 but I did get out of my second DUI! The officer that pulled me over never read them to me but I live in a one cop town! I stiil had to pony up the funds for my lawyer though!
OMG! 2 DUI? You drink and drive???

And Overdose, how long before you go to court?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member

When I think of a Ford and a Chevy, racing down a highway in southeast texas.... I think of AMERICA..... The judge didnt.... 1 year probation and over 1300 in fines and fees

Old 08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

I guess it's not as bad as jail time!

Quick Reply: I need some advice on my legal troubles...