Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I got rear ended today:(

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

oof man she was doin good

Old 04-06-2012, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Yeah I know Rick, someday's I creak and crack more than the stairs in the morning.

As for the repairs I hope to at least get the whole bumper painted because I have some chips on the corners from the previous owner and a few small dents on the quarter so I'll try to get them to include that stuff. I'm just glad me and my son weren't hurt and also the other driver.
`Lou, so sorry 2 read your post this morning & I was happy to read that you & your son are OK Did'nt your son just have an accident ?

The more I read about all these stupid accidents , the more I am realizing that owning a nice ride is stressful 4-Sure...
I think I may just buy me a Tank Type Ride like below

Lou, keep us updated on repairs & you ~> Good Luck 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 04-06-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

im glad my jeep is lifted cuz any cars smaller than a suv/truck that hit me from the front or back will go under my bumper LOL.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Not too much damage but still an inconvenience. Here is a pic of the worst area. The rest is just scraped up.
That really sucks Lou, but I'm glad that you and your son were not seriously injured. I agree that the car should be checked for hidden damage.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
I work for a grocery store. Dont knock it good pay. I had a cart hit me and leave a 1 foot scratch down quarter panel, 3 door dings, and i think someone hit it with the motorized chair. never got one note saying sorry. hope you get it fixed up bud. please tell me what it costs cus i need similar repairs.
I noticed recently. Local grocery stores all used to make you put a quarter in the carts to unlock them. But one grocery chain stopped that practice recently. I've noticed that grocery stores that still use the coin-released chains don't have any loose carts strewn about the parking lot. The stores that don't, their carts are all over the place. You can't find a parking spot that doesn't have a loose cart within 10 feet.

A couple times last week, I had to go to a grocery store without the chained up carts. When I parked, I cleared the loose carts away from my car (put them back in the little cart corral). I come back to my car 10 minutes later to find two carts slammed up against my car. I think we all can relate to Mr Grizzly Mint's story.

Lou, I really hope you and the Monte will be good as new soon!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear what happened Lou. I am glad you are ok and your Monte faired pretty good. It's a pain anyway I know.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Space my older son was in an accident on technically the same day because it was after midnight.lol I think i'll look into one of those armored military vehicles for a daily driver just to be safe

@nemisis I had a blazer once that had a small lift on it, A women cut me off and I hit her and all it did was scuff the bottom of my bumper lol I need a big truck again.

@Mike Yea I'm greattful no one was injured a the car held up pretty good.
@Taz I think Monte Carlos are magnetic because carts always seem to find mine too.

@I forgot you just went through getting repairs from getting hit while parked. Let the inconvenience begin

Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Local grocery stores all used to make you put a quarter in the carts to unlock them.
I have only seen one grocery store by me use that method, Aldis. Even though what I'm about to say would have pretty much reduced the need for my teenage job as a bag boy at a grocery store (one jpart of the job was to clear carts from the lot), I think all stores with shopping carts should do this. That way carts are properly returned to either the store front of a cart corral and not wandering in a parking lot.

I'm still P.O.-ed when a I was driving the Camaro years ago and the wind blew a cart from a Sam's Club parking lot on to the road and it smashed on to the front nose of my Camaro (scratching it pretty bad and cracking the badge on the nose). I went to the store, explained what happened, they tool my info and photos, corporate called and said they are not liable, "act of god". Charming.... So now as I restore the car, I have to replace the front badge and repair the bumper cover at MY expense.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

sorry to hear about the accident, glad you and your boy are fine and the monte is not to bad by the looks of it in the pic. as for shopping carts.... i park in 1 of the last spots at the end of the parking lot and if there is any carts around i flip them on there side so they cant roll

Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
I work for a grocery store. Dont knock it good pay. I had a cart hit me and leave a 1 foot scratch down quarter panel, 3 door dings, and i think someone hit it with the motorized chair. never got one note saying sorry. hope you get it fixed up bud. please tell me what it costs cus i need similar repairs.
most paintless dent places do a whole panel for $75-80 and then the touch up spot for the scratch would depend on the place.

Originally Posted by turbo monte
sorry to hear about the accident, glad you and your boy are fine and the monte is not to bad by the looks of it in the pic. as for shopping carts.... i park in 1 of the last spots at the end of the parking lot and if there is any carts around i flip them on there side so they cant roll
why not just go and put them in the cart holder thing? lol

Quick Reply: I got rear ended today:(