Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I dun got me a doe!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Default RE: I dun got me a doe!

haha i guess the girlfriend one makes sense too. but we found it on the ground about a quarter mile away. ended up shootin it, it was still alive just couldnt walk. I ALMOST felt bad but then i remember how good she tastes!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If it makes you feel better, just think that she was probably in a lot of pain after being hit. You didn't hit her on purpose, it was an accident. And ending her pain was probably the humane thing to do. And tasty too. Glad to know you're okay.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

More humane to end her suffering then to let her anguish till she finally died.

We were headed home from Church one sunday afternoon in my g/f's '81 Monte. I was watching the left side of the road when suddenly a young deer ran out from the right, and right into the quarter of my g/f's car. My g/f was screaming cause she thought the deer was coming through the door glass and I had no clue WHAT was taking place cause I'd been watching the wrong direction.

It was terrible. The deer was bleeding thought the mouth and nose. I thought I was going to have to end it's life with my bare hands? It seemed like hours but in reality it was probably less then two minutes it laid down and died. The experience was so hoorible all I wanted to do was leave.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Heh, you guys reminded me of this chick I used to work with... she came into work one day like 3 hours late, a spatter of blood on her shirt, and looking really frazzled. I finally rounded up enough never to ask her what happened. Ok, she hit a deer, which ruined her car (radiator busted, no driving to work) and had to get a ride (hence the 3 hours late after getting her car towed and getting a ride).

What really impressed me.. was she had the mind to get out the tire iron, and bash the poor thing's head in... I mean as brutal as it has to be (hence the blood spatter on her shirt... CSI anyone?) this really impressed me that she thought ofhelping the deerat a time like that, I woulda been so ticked I would have beat the rest of it in before ending it's life... but hey, at least I didn't let it suffer .... rite? (being sarcastic... really, lol)

Lucky me, I was blessed with really good peripheral vision, and fast reaction times.Despite many many MANY close calls, I've only hit a deer ever ONCE... and I was only going 5 MPH... so no damage to either of us. I had actually stopped to let a herd pass... and when it looked like all of them had... I went to move, then sure enough, JUST as the car started to go, whoomp, the stupid "$*ker at the back of the bunch said Hey, it's moving, NOWI shouldgofor it!! But like I said, luckily no damage to front clip or the deer from what I could tell.

A second close call comes to mind tho... I was driving along, minding my own business.Brights were on, late at night, but moon was up. Good visibility, me and a friend were coming back from tearing up a local city. Nothing in the median, or either side of the highway, I really watch for these things... Ok, in the HALF a second or so between the end of my headlights and the start of my car a deer apparently jumps from the left side ditch (definitely wasn't in the median, the left side ditch was very deep) and was only INCHES from my car... I didn't even see the actual body, I just happened to see the neck, and the bottom of it's head, (it was huge, taller than my car) through my side window.... again, nothing from the windscreen, nothing while looking at the field of view of my headlights, just all of the sudden there's this deer head/neck RIGHT outside my window..

I screamed bloody murder like a demon tormented... My passenger actually ducked and covered....(she didn't see it) I don't think I'll ever forget that night.... I mean if I had been going 3 Mph slower.... if that deer had jumped 25 / 100s of a second earlier.... my 03 LS (at the time my car) would have been TOTALED. That was a BIG DEER.... I'm not proud of screaming, but talk about being frightened... I think that time scared me more than the time I had to slam on the brakes flat-spotting my meats in the Beretta.... Going over a hill lights caught the sucker maybe 10-12 car lenghts in front of me? My car was skidding and starting to swerve a bit... I was about 2 car lenghts ahead whenmy fingers had the mind to 'accidentally' hit the brights...(I swear I didn't do it on purpose)... which the 10th of a second while the brights come off and my low beams came on allowed the deer ( who was "spotlight Froze") to jump and run away. This time I was actually on the phone with a different gal ( who was as frightened, if not more-so,asthe previous passenger, despite not being in any physical danger )

Ahh yes, those lovely 4-legged car crushers.... I so seriously want to send some to the un-habited states sometime... just so they can get a taste.... lol.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:50 AM

lol yah lets put a herd in new york city and c how ppl react lol i would b mayhem and in the midwest if u see a deer u look to see if it has horns or not...nyc would freak out

Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We were headed to PA for the funeral of my g/f's cousin. We were headed down hill in I-80 and the large deer ran right out of the medium and stood there in our lane. My g/f was driving and I told her to hit the brakes. With a semi right at my door in the next lane, I didn't want to find out what is was like to hit one.

The woman behind had no clue what red brake lights ment but she managed to get a clue before she rear ended my mother's car.

After standing there long enough to cause a ruckus the deer finally decided to run the rest of the way off the interstate but I'm certain it tangled with the semi trailor.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 PM

ouch deer smacked by semi...seen that b4, not much meat to eat after that, maybe a loin or two if ur lucky

Old 11-11-2007, 02:09 PM

No damage to the car!!! That's incredible!!!