Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How Has Your Monte Changed Your Life?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How Has Your Monte Changed Your Life?

I think this will be an interesting topic. How has your monte impacted your life?

For me, when i got my 97 i wasn't searching for a monte. I was looking for a cheap car and thats what i found. Then i found this forum and slowly got more into the car scene. It got me some more friends and i even did a meet with it.

Then the 97 led me to buy my 04, and that really got things rolling. I got into car shows, meets, detailing. Met even more awesome people and it helped me to get out and do more things. So i'd say the montes have impacted my life quite positively, i'm very happy to have met everyone here and all the other people i can now call my friends on facebook.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:24 PM

I wouldn't say it has impacted my life, but there have been some good times in my car. Before I bought my monte, I had a 95 Cherokee. Enjoy taking it out for drives and wherever I go on the weekends. Just a good car overall, and some good times for sure

Old 03-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Hi Keane,
I bought my Monte from a Marine at Fort Dix. I Drove "The Saturn", I hate Saturns, back to my Kids House. My X-wife said, "Nice Car, you did Good!" Getting a compliment from her is like getting water from the sun.
After about two weeks with it, while out at the curb replacing stuff I replace with any used car, my neighbors started talking to me. Mind you, I had been in this House for 2 years and not said more than Hello to the neighbors. But now, mostly guys and a few gals wanna talk to me first about the Big Yellow Car, then about everyday things. 2 Saturdays ago I was at the Laundry Mat and this really cute Lady came up to me and asked Don't you live across the street from me? Mind you I had been eyeballing her for the whole wash cycle. She said " you're the guy with the Yellow car, the big two door?" Turns out She does live across the street.
I've been yelled at at stop lights and beeped at on the highway. And Mechanics are more willing to talk to me.
Then of Course, there's MCF! It's a Great place to be a Monte Lover.
I'm Happy every time I get into my Monte, except when the dang Pass-Lock system acts Stupid.
And soon She will be ready to Mod. Think I'm going to start with a K&N filter cartridge!

Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Monte has bankrupted me, it makes me a slave to the system, money money money.

Wish I had more time off to enjoy the simple things in life. But then again one has to live for something, might as well be for yourself and what ever makes you happy in the few short years one walks the earth.

Now lets see, there's a new part on eBay I need to get, see you later.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Monte changed me quite a bit.
I was glad i got my 02, I loved that thing but it didn't do much in helping me somewhat but i knew i had to get my 06 when it was time so the 02 paved the way.

When i got my 06, i instantly enjoyed that car, and still do today just as much if not more than the day i got it.
I got into cars, i got into learning about them basically picked up a new hobby.
My life was really down in the depression scene then, and something about cars just brought me out of that.
I found this forum and it turned into a Family that i never really had in life.
There are members i literally talk to every single day through out the day which i consider my brothers and sisters. Keane being one of my brothers.
I went to car shows and immediately was hooked on the vibe and the relaxing feel about when I am at them. Monte meets and car shows, cruise ins, they all are so relaxing with the sounds of cars and seeing them, learning more.
It truly has brought me out of depression and into a better more relaxing life.
It has changed me quite a bit.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

It has impacted me by me liking and wanting to know about cars verses what i knew before. It helped me to respect it more because it is more than a car like all the other ones on the road. I learned a lot more than I knew before about fixing and maintenance of a car. It is the car that takes me places and has been rather reliable.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I second what zippy said. Also I met a ton of cool people on here and also in the 3800 scene all together. I am part of 4 local car groups and one of them are 3800 specific. By owning turbo monte I have learned how to build an engine and transmission as well

Old 03-02-2014, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Hows this for irony...

I almost ended up in a Buick Riviera..

At the time I was looking for a vehicle that was easy to get in and out of... As many of you know or don't know... I am an above knee amputee... So, I needed something with a wide door opening... As a die hard Dale Earnhardt fan... I thought I would look into a Monte Carlo... Once I tested it for easy access of entry and exiting I was hooked... So, I thought instead of buying your standard run of the Mill off the lot one... I decided to Special order one! Now mind you I ordered this 1999 in 1997.. I was still going thru a lot of rehab and hadn't re-aquired my driving privledges... That's a story in itself.. Since I died twice. one of my brothers actually had conservatorship over me... as I wasn't suppose to survive the accident...lol

There for there were medical decisions that had to be made for me and my family was the only ones that could since... I wasn't consciously here/able to make.... Which by the way saved my life...

Anyway...
after finally getting my license back, and becoming my own man again.... I decided to also do some minor modifications to it... Thus the way you see it today.... This not only gave me a way to get around back in the world... But I regained my freedom to come and go as I please.. Instead of depending on someone else to get around. Which also allowed me to once again become gainfully employed...Again.... Obviously... My Monte Carlo has given me many things in my life.... It even impressed my now wife to a certain degree... As when the first time she got into it...she enjoyed the comfort as well as the ride ability.. How stable and smooth it rode and drove... But I think she was most impressed with the Stereo system...lol

Following that.. I had some ruanability issues with it..which lead me to discover the MCF.... and of course with all of everyones help it is now back to running like the jewel it was when it was new.... It was also nice to meet such great people here..from which I have mad many friends over the past cpl yrs here... I too enjoy the Meet and Greets and the many car shows some of us have enjoyed together... Since then also I have become an active participant in a newly formed Car Club.. of Michigan Members...
(Thanks Matt) along with going to the Monte Carlo Nationals etc....

So...
Has My Monte Impacted my life in a Special way?
You Betcha!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Just like my '84 Camaro, my Monte got a grip on me. I originally bought it to be a "daily driver" and it has become another toy now. But as it became a toy, between it and a community of 3800 nuts (myself included), helped me expand things I was willing to do (such as, I have used my Dremel far more since I bought my Monte then ever before).

The Monte is the first car I've ever taken and entered into car shows. As a result, I have met a lot of cool people and made great friendships. I enjoy meeting people from these online communities I've been a part of.

Because there are so many of us into a common thing (the Monte), I guess it helps make the world feel a bit closer together (sorry, sappy, I know, but it's all good).

Old 03-02-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
Hi Keane,
My X-wife said, "Nice Car, you did Good!" Getting a compliment from her is like getting water from the sun.cartridge!
Made my day to hear that!

Stumpi way to be inspiring!

I'd say my Monte changed me quite a bit, I was in a car accident a few month prior and needed a new ride.

I was at the dealership and had 10K of insurance money and my choices were some ugly lookin' Lancer (beige), 2010 Fiesta (Basic Model), or 06 Monte SS... Right away my heart wanted the SS but it was out of my price range at 15K; my mom was nice enough to cosign and get me the Monte, the dealership even dropped $1500 off the price.

I'd always wanted to get into cars... just never had an outlet until MCF! I've learned everything I know about cars from here and I'm super happy for this family.

I get compliments on my car all the time and I feel proud driving something not common but yet so sexy! After a failed engagement my confidence went down the drain, but day after day I became more confident because of my great car (not the only reason but a portion).

My Monte has been with me through Many long road trips from 2 hour- 32 hours drives. It is the most comfortable car I've ever been in for road trips and will have a hard time ever replacing her.

When all else was down my car was there to put a smile on!

Quick Reply: How Has Your Monte Changed Your Life?