Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hate Mustang Owners. No Seriously I Really Do..

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Lol or buy a Turbo SS & same hp lol
Or get a cavi an turbo it for half the cost an more power

I've been a member of many forums an I will say this is by far one of the most member friendly forums you'll find.
For some reason there are a few forums out there that are just full of d-bags that make being a member difficult.There's a few that I go to just to read some of the tech threads.To ask a question when mean major flaming.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM

For all those Mustang owners out there =D
Grand Prix GTP vs. Mustang GT - YouTube

Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 PM

I own a mustang!!!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I own a mustang!!!!!
WOOOO HOO!!!!

I think you will find that us Torino people have more character than the average mustang owenr. Not to trash my friend Gregg, he has enough cars and personality to make up for any Mustang he may own. But what i do mean to say is that mustangs are good cars, but they are so plentiful and so popular that their owners are the same way, they talk about the same modifications, they talk the same game. Torino guys bring something different to the table. The Torino draws a different type of owner, someone looking for something more, something different from their car.

In that sense, it is the same thing that would draw one to a Monte Carlo vs. a Camaro. The Camaros are more popular, more plentiful, but they just don't bring what the Monte Carlo brings to the table.

In summary and conclusion, any old boy can drive a Camaro or a Mustang, but it takes a man to drive a Monte Carlo. (or Torino)

AND CHANGE THAT SIGNATURE!!!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
WOOOO HOO!!!!

I think you will find that us Torino people have more character than the average mustang owenr. Not to trash my friend Gregg, he has enough cars and personality to make up for any Mustang he may own. But what i do mean to say is that mustangs are good cars, but they are so plentiful and so popular that their owners are the same way, they talk about the same modifications, they talk the same game. Torino guys bring something different to the table. The Torino draws a different type of owner, someone looking for something more, something different from their car.

In that sense, it is the same thing that would draw one to a Monte Carlo vs. a Camaro. The Camaros are more popular, more plentiful, but they just don't bring what the Monte Carlo brings to the table.

In summary and conclusion, any old boy can drive a Camaro or a Mustang, but it takes a man to drive a Monte Carlo. (or Torino)

AND CHANGE THAT SIGNATURE!!!
I like that signature thank you very much! Space did a good job on it.

There are plenty of nice Mustangs out there. The 65 is my personal favorite and the ones the don't get any respect the MUSTANG II. There are lots of Mustangs around and with the exception of the Mustang II anybody can restore or modify a Mustang. All you need is a checkbook and a parts catalog. Now if you want a challenge do a Torino, a Mustang II, a Monte Carlo or a Mopar. To do most of these requires a willingness to hit the junk yards, swap meets and classifieds searching for usable parts.
I have noticed an attitude with Mustang owners but it seems to be more specifically 96 and newer Mustangs. I also noticed an attitude with Monte Carlo owners. See my post number one from back in August. I have also noticed an attitude with Mopar owners and owners of every other make and model that has hit the streets. The difference seems to be this forum. We are a family here and it doesn't matter what is in the driveway or the garage and I like it that way. I came here looking for information on my 81 Monte. I didn't get what I was looking for because I still don't have the answers that I was looking for. What I did get was a new family and friends.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 PM

5 Year Member

For the signature, I was referring to the guy who owns a Grand Prix yet has a Mustang in his signature.

A bit of what i wanted to get at earlier but forgot is the type of owner the cars attract. Who generally own Mustangs? Younger, immature people who do immature things. I think a Monte Carlo is a more mature car, it attracts a more mature owner, thus, a more mature owner.

Classic car guys are generally an exception, yet I've still found a lot of guys with Mustangs at car shows who are more die hard Ford and think any other car is trash... more so than most other car guys feel taht way. Plus, with Mustangs, you get a lot of "check writers", guys who, as Gregg alludes too, just build cars. I've been in junk yards, I've searched the internet, and I've even been stung by a wasp pulling a trim piece off a car restoring a Torino. I do thank Gregg for poitning that stuff out. Mopar guys have it hard too, their stuff is expensive and sometimes, non existent, just like Torinos.

Another type of "check writer" is the guy who knows nothing about a car. This guy has a lot of money, writes checks for whatever ($50,000, $100,000, $250,000), maybe drives but usually trailers his car to a show, and if you get to talking to him, actually knows very little about the intricacies of the car. This guy knows he likes Mustangs, and knows he has the money to buy one. That's the extent of it. Often times, this sort of owner is drawn to the mustang.

But if we are to stick to modern cars, where Torinos and the such don't exist, I would extend the "moron Mustang" owner spectrum atleast to 1980 or so when the Fox body style came out. Still a lot of these A-holes floating around too. Plus, a lot of those Fox bodies have found their way ot being cut up and made into dragsters. These guys are fast, but they're a whole different type of A-hole. You'd have to go to drag strips a lot ot know what I'm talking about. They don't want to talk about their cars because they're afraid you're a spy for another race team, so they're very uptight. They think there car is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I saw a Fox body stang and a rail dragster bracket drag for $5,000. Didn't see the money change hands, but taht was the bet. (bracket drag meaning the race was more about consistency and reaction time than speed, a 10 second car starts 4 seconds before a 14 second car, so that the difference is who can run the light better. If you run too quick, you can be disqualfiied for being under your ET dial in time.)

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-04-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM

I need someone to make me a new one!

Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 PM

I forgot to mention the details of my Mustang. It is a light yellow 86 Mustang LX drop top. It has a cloth tan interior and a white top. Under the hood is a 3.8 V-6 and it automatic. It has not run in almost ten years now. I parked it because of a coolant leak and was forced to move in the middle of the job. I had to put the car into a storage unit. When I bought my house it came to the new house and now sits in the back yard. I would like to get back to it one day. I want to paint it candy brandy wine with a white leather interior from a Mustang GT and a different hood with the dual recessed scoops from a 71-73 Mustang. I also want to stiffen the chassis. The dash moving one way and the rest of the car shaking another way is a little dishartening when you hit a bump.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 PM

V-6 motor swap? Those foxbodies never came with a V-6

Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 PM

5 Year Member

To be honest, I think this is crap. Considering I've produced signatures with cool ghost cars floating around, this is junk. I'm not good at making cool back grounds and putting stuff on it though. Here is a little something I threw together with someo f my impressions of hwat you may like based on a few threads and my photoshop skills. I used to be okay, I just don't use it enough.

Quick Reply: Hate Mustang Owners. No Seriously I Really Do..