Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hard to enjoy fireworks when...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

No Respect in Today's World, or lack of it. I find it very sad

I blame the parents, the teachers, the mentors, the clergy our leaders in government, etc...

I believe `if a child is not taught respect by example, they will not learn to be respectful. They will rebel as their grow into adulthood, and their children will act out their teachings...and be repeated by each generation, and so on & so on..........

I believe until this cycle is broken that it will continue until it is changed...I believe that one has to give respect to get respect...

I believe `if parents don't respect their children, their children will not respect them. I believe if children don't respect themselves, they will not respect others. It's a vicious cycle, and I believe it will continue until the cycle is broken...

I think all parent should have a course in Respect.
I think our churches should teach respect.
I think our schools should teach respect.
I think everyone should teach respect by their actions & examples...

Let's all start here on the MCF being respectful to `all on our forum & in our lives & maybe it will become contagious & spread around the World
What are you doing to make it better ? (I ask myself) ? Do you ask your self ?

Peace/Love/Happiness/Respect from`Space
(above has been a tired early morning post)

p.s. Great thread that makes us think about our country & it's people ? Thanks Christian !
I can agree on the fact that most people will blame only the parents. I think its like you listed. Theres more to blame then just shotty parenting. I also believe some parents/teachers have just given up. Seeing the way my step sister treats my parents appauls me. They ask her to clean her room, or do something to help out around the house and you'd swear it was the end of the world. Just yesterday they asked her to vaccum since she does nothing but sleep and text all day and once in a great while she wont call in sick to work and go. She refused to vaccum told them it sucked so she wouldnt do it. So they turned off her phone. Lets just say my sister hasnt been heard from since yesterday morning. She like to pout n runaway when she dosent get her way. I'd say kids these days may be harder to deal with but thats no reason to just give up on them. You just have to evolve with them try different methods etc.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
There is simply no easy solution to one problem affecting society because it is usually relate to a number o other complicated issues. In regard to my generation's lack of respect and overall failure to live morally,.....I am heartbroken. I'm a good kid, I know my rights from wrongs. I know when something is appropriate and when it isn't. But there is no way to just overhaul the absurd rebellion mentality of America's youth.
I had a discussion/argument not too long ago with one of my buddies that was a huge Oboma lover. Anyway a part of our disscussion was the economy. What most people fail to realize is that CHANGE takes time. Its the same concept you're saying. You can't just promise change and make it happen at the snap of a finger it takes time.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
We had that at our local show - nothing but idiots revving all down the road. Our cops are useless anyways so they just drive around in circles during all this. Then at the end they try to go out and direct traffic and end up making a mess.

I've been to shows in bigger cities around here and the cops are out an hour before - parked with lights up and down the streets helping people get in and out of parking lots and a few unmarked ones to catch the idiots driving like morons. I prefer to drive a bit though, double the amount of people in that city but NO traffic jams because the police are there to help, not driving around with the AC on.
The traffic was horrible this year with no police direction. Its basically like this X amount of enterances and exits. cars that are parked along the side of one lot have to wait for hours for those that were in good spots to go by. Basically if your waiting to get in that line to leave you flip on ur blinker and hope someones nice enough to let you in. There lies the problem, not many give a flying you know what about others and just want out of there. Well I did just that flipped on my blinker and waited. about 30 cars later someone stopped to let me in. When I hear something behing me burning tires I look back to see a high school kid in a grand prix flying out from behind me almost hitting out Taurus to launch in front of me and take the spot i was suppose to bea ble to get in. Well 2 cars past and must have seen what happen because they waited to let me in as the line drew closer to the street I stopped and let 4 cars with their headlights and blinkers on go in front of me. Without the cops its basically hit and miss because you have to fend for yourself or hope someones nice enough to help you get out by letting you get in the line.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by tps221
Same here 18 and it annoys me when people feel the need to be idiots it makes me feel like imbyhe only one that know how to behave from my generation. And I got to show my mom how I learned to drive in bumper to bumper traffic at patriots games keep on the person in front of youse *** as much as possible so people can't cut lmao some lady was like I guess we know how you got that dent she was maybe 25
like the lady that was 25 was such a better driver? Thats what I mean people now days just have rude comments that are better kept to themselves yet they say them anyway.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Now lets be honest... there were idiots in the older generation who had no respect too. Back in the 60s, everyone said these hippies would ruin America. Well, did they?

Aristotle wrote about how the youth of his day were disrespectful and the future would crumble in their hands.
This is true. There has always been some form of disrespect, I think its just become more public now than in the past.
-I always laugh since every year since I'm moved home my grandma says a sign of the end of the times is children having no respect for their elders. Shes been saying it since about 09 gotta love her though lol

Old 07-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
this is y i go on the boat on the river and watch them lol. you dont get a whole lot of young punks on the river because if there acting like that they more than likely cant afford a boat and if there on someone elses boat they seem t have respect for who there with. i know if i took someone on the boat and they started doing that i would throw them over board for sure
idiot overboard!! Sadly our location for fireworks makes it so you have to be in one of the four surrounding parking lots to really enjoy them. I'm contemplating going to a different town to watch them next year. Which means no drinking wait maybe I can con the fiance into driving lol

Old 07-05-2012, 12:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

We didnt have to go see any fireworks displays last night....Our neighborhood was full of them....They just changed the law here in michigan about certain class fireworks for personal use...However, we generally go to the wyandotte fireworks on a friends boat. (They shoot them off of a small island) off the pointe of grosse isle....

As far as the kids today..There out of control...

I was raised with discipline and respect for your elders as well as others belongings,vehicles etc....When you did something wrong...you got the belt,strap etc....and you were grounded!

These kids nowadays dont realize how good they have it...because they have no discipline at home or at schools...Even when I was in school...you misbehaved and you got the paddle! THATS RIGHT YOU GOT THE PADDLE!

AND a note went out from school informing your parents what you did!!!
also parents went to parent teacher confrences...and belonged to whaT was then the PTA...(DO THEY STILL HAVE THAT ANYMORE?) .It just appauls me to see good kids gone bad....
Use to be you had an issue with another kid...It was a fist fight after school. and it was over with.. Now a days kids as young as 9 yrs old now bring loaded guns to school....

WHATS THIS WORLD COMEING TOO????????????????????

Old 07-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would like to see a teacher or principal paddle a kid now a days. He or she would probably get the death penalty. Now we have to be nice to everyone. everyone wins and nobody is told no. I have worked with the public on many levels for years and it seems like now all you have to do is tell someone no and you are being rude or a jerk. Here is an example, i was working a festival last year and doing a contest. I told a teen that they couldnt be in the current contest because we had all of our contestants about 5 minutes later the Mom came over to me yelling and screaming about how I'm not gonna do that to here kid and that i need a lesson in manners and on and on. Like I woke up that day to hurt her kids feelings. I just let it go. She'll have to answer for it someday.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Thats the sad part. Trying to disapline your child is now looked at as abuse. The first time ym step sister got sent away she lied and lied to the counsulers about her home life. Which led to them telling her if anythings wrong call child services. Her mom went to belt her butt one day for something she did wrong and she had her phone in hand with them being #1 on speed dial. Thats when all control and hope was lost for her. She works at hardees mayb 2-3 days a week gets straight Fs and next year when shes suppose to graduate she wont. Shes being kicked out since she does no help work at home. When shes not working shes usually in bed all day texting and watching Jersey shore pretty sad maybe once a week she'll hang out with a friend.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I would like to see a teacher or principal paddle a kid now a days.
Not quite a paddling, but right here buddy....

Joe Louis Clark: Biography from Answers.com

Quick Reply: Hard to enjoy fireworks when...