Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hard to enjoy fireworks when...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry Hard to enjoy fireworks when...

Just thought I'd vent a little. Maybe I got more out of it when I was a kid. Maybe the idea of whats cool now a days is different then when I was in highschool not too long ago. Anyway I went to try and enjoy the local fireworks and the rec center tonight. Overall the fireworks were OK nothing spectacular but overall better than the 2 years prior. the thing that gets me is this, either some people think its funny/cool or they're really just immature. Every single firework that went off had a highschooer holler every time it banged. Usally something to the effect of WHOOHOO or YEAHBUDDY or (expiclt) YEAH. There were othes and I'm sure you can guess a few. Anyway what upset me the most is you have couples, parents, the ederly and families with young childern out there having to put up with the immaturity of these kids not only yelling but revving around in their trucks burning out or driving by at least 30mph over the speed limit to show off. I guess what I'm saying is I find it sad when you and your family are trying to enjoy something and immature people try and ruin it for you just to get 15 seconds of attetion. Overall the fireworks were good. what I didn't like was unlike the past 2 years when leaving there was no law enforcement to direct traffic=NIGHTMARE LOL

Last edited by Space; 07-05-2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: add mad icon..Great thread to make everyone think
Old 07-04-2012, 10:58 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I dont goto public events anymore just for that reason, ppl are just idiots plain & simple

Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I dont goto public events anymore just for that reason, ppl are just idiots plain & simple
well said. I agree 100% with this. I always try to go into things with a postive attitude and tell myself I will not let anyone ruin this for me. It seems the harder I try to mor eI'm fed up with it. The 3rd night that the HANGOVER 2 wa sout me and my fiance drove 30 miles in my beater at the time (94 Lumina) to go see it. While looking for a parking spot in the theatre parking lot I asked some kids to move please for a minute so i could park. they were playing hacky sack. They moved and as I was driving past they all spit at and kicked my car. I was so pist I said F it and drove home and called it a wasted trip. Its sad when you try to enjoy simple things and cant anymore.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 PM

Thats when u get out & start busting some heads, do ppl not have respect anymore

Old 07-04-2012, 11:52 PM

sorry to hear that :/

it was hard for me to enjoy the fireworks when debris was falling from the sky onto my monte! i had to get it into the garage fast!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh i agree with you! i got so annoyed this year, first time going to fire works in 5 years! (first 4th of july off from work in that time)
And i just couldnt stand it!
Some guy behind us was BLASTING music from his car through the WHOLE diplay, Some kid kept yelling "MOMMY MOMMY DID YOU SEE THAT? WOW MOMMY SEE THAT?
ITs like tell your kid you see the GIANT FIRE BALL IN THE SKY!!!
Then the oo's aahh' holy (guess whats after) from teenagers behind us
The smell of marijuana wafting over from the kids a few cars down

Its just really not enjoyable anymore and i will be pleased if i just get to work next year for it

Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

For these very reasons I like to find an old gravel road just a little ways out and sit back with people I know I can enjoy it with. Of course I'm spoiled to have such amenities in most small towns here in Iowa

But yeah I've always noticed all of the people trying to get attention, especially here in Ames. Always someone trying to show off for a few seconds of fame, which sucks to the law-abiding citizens who just want to watch FIREWORKS! LOL

(I swear there are idiots who come out just when the streets are packed to try to get attention because I never see this kind of crap on a normal day or night )

Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
(I swear there are idiots who come out just when the streets are packed to try to get attention because I never see this kind of crap on a normal day or night )
That is so true, same way around here

Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've seen people that don't know how to act on a daily basis for the last 20 years. I work in the bar business. I have learned to just go with the flow, let the idiots be idiots and go on about my business. .

Old 07-05-2012, 12:53 AM

They usually don't bother me, but hearing them go off as I was driving by on my way home this evening rattled me for some reason. I guess most of that stems from my military experience and the fact that most of the smaller firecrackers sound like small arms fire, but for a split second I felt like I was under fire. I quickly regained my composure and didn't mash the pedal to the floor to escape, but it rattled me a bit nonetheless.

Quick Reply: Hard to enjoy fireworks when...