Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The government should do this

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007 | 05:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: The government should do this

Please return the comments, this is huge.

Old 12-28-2007 | 08:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

There are rows upon rows of little white crosses in National Cemetery's in Washington and in France where the dead bodies of an American Heros lay who sacrificed their lives so people could be free ... and NOT have to **** in a little cup against their will ... for any reason!

Don't start trampling on The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.

Have your grandfather or father explain to you why they fought the wars that filled those Cemeteries ... and see if he'd **** in a cup for a job application.

If owning a Monte Carlo is going to have people think I'm crazy ... I'm washing it and putting a For Sale sign on it!

It happened after this post was made. Perhaps she changed her mind?

Now keep this in mind.... where drugs a big problem in WWII? Much less having to pee in a cup? I don't know.. maybe someone else cna tell me if there were drug tests then . I know from stories and studying a bit that drugs became popular in the 60's, so Vietnam is a different story.

Old 12-28-2007 | 09:08 PM
10 Year Member

Born in '48 ... True Citizen of the Golden Days of Rock-n-Roll ... Rocked through the 50's and 60's ... Got Drafted in the '70's ... Served in 'Nam ... Got out and screwed my way through the Free-loving late '70's (Back when you didn't even know all your partners in passion) ... Married and tried to settle down. Ain't working!

Two Bikes and a Monte Carlo now. I'm back in "Fully exploded toolbox" Mode. I am having a relatively good life. But, I do get riled-up when somebody shoots from the hip and makes some pretty outrageous comment without having the experience to know the truth.

I wouldn't sell the Monte.
I'm falling in love with the Monte.

Please don't let The Monte Carlo Forum turn into a place where everybody is arguing about something. I need the relative peace and calm that comes from a few hours of spinning the wrenches on the ride without thinking that I should be checking the site to see if someone is dissing The Government and its leaders.

Old 12-29-2007 | 01:58 AM

I dunno.. But from the jist of what I can understand, I have to agree. IMHO (just my opinion, and nothing else, not ment to slam anyone or anything.)

Not only should people have to pee in a cup, but they should have a hole punched in all of thier ID so they cannot purchase alcohol.

Yeah.. I hear you. Its a right, blah blah.. When you can afford the luxury of drinking, you can do it. Priorities of those on welfare should be food, medicine, shelter [shelter including hydro, and gas and stuff], and household goods. Thats it. No drugs, no booze.

And if they cant find a job, I hear the Army in the US and Canada is still hiring....

Old 12-29-2007 | 02:54 PM
|

Ok I’ve re-edited my first post with what was in there.
Sorry. My feelings got hurt with the "crazy" comment. And I apologize for any confusion.

Mark, I understand and respect your point. I don’t like the invasion of my privacy just like the next guy. But in this day and age drug testing isn’t going to go away. I understand why they do it, I don’t like it, but I do understand it.
My point is this, When someone who is perfectly capable of working, NOT infants, the infirm and the elderly, then in my opinion they should be drug tested to get welfare, which I help to pay with my tax money. I get up off my butt everyday, day in and day out and go to work, where I am drug tested. It’s a simple as that.

This is something that hits very close to home for me. For years I watched both of my sisters get their welfare checks or sell their food stamps and go buy drugs. I lost my middle sister last December 22 to drug use. It took that to clean up my oldest. My Mom and I tried for years to help them, but how do you help someone who won’t help themselves? Someone who knows how to work the system and get everything for free? That makes me angry. I know in my heart of hearts that drug testing probably wouldn’t have made a difference in the death of my sister, but maybe, just maybe there would have been that slight chance that it would have.
Once again I apologize. I should know better than to bring up a subject like this when my heart still aches for my sister.

Old 12-29-2007 | 05:08 PM
10 Year Member

Now we know where you're coming from. You still have grief and anger speaking for you. Now I understand. I'm sorry the system failed you and ultimately cost you the life of your sister. Please accept my very late but entirely sincere condolences over the loss of your Sister.

I doubt that a different procedure would have done anything to save one enslaved by a substance abuse issue. But, if it would have, it's likely to have been too little; too late to save the one you loved.

I'll put your Sister on the "Special Intention" prayer offering, tomorrow during Church Service.

May you grief be short but your memory of your sister's live with you last forever.

Very sincerely,
Rick Massey

Old 01-01-2008 | 05:47 PM

That really is a great idea and should be put into favor.