NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Government Motors & NASCAR = U : )

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Government Motors & NASCAR = U : )

NASCAR pleased after GM pulls out of bankruptcy

By The Associated Press
July 2009

JOLIET, Ill. -- The swift exit of General Motors from bankruptcy protection was good news for NASCAR's industry leaders, who count on the automaker's financial support to fund their pricey race teams.
GM emerged Friday after only 40 days under court protection. The sport's heavyweights like Mark Martin, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. all drive Chevrolets. It's also NASCAR's most successful manufacturer, with 32 championships in the Sprint Cup Series.

Hendrick Motorsports standout Jimmie Johnson has won the last three Cup championships in Chevrolets, and team owner Rick Hendrick has long expressed his support of GM, even as the automaker sunk into bankruptcy.
Hendrick vice president of development Doug Duchardt said Friday that Hendrick Motorsports never wavered in its support.
"We've raced Chevys for 25 years," Duchardt said at Chicagoland Speedway. "This is just one situation. We've worked through it and we'll move on down the road."
Duchardt, the former head of GM Racing, was surprised at how quickly the car company escaped bankruptcy. GM notified teams last month that it would cut back spending after filing for Chapter 11 protection. Duchardt said there were changes made to their agreement after meeting with GM officials, but expected no further adjustments to their contract
"We're happy that they committed to us in the middle of all that," Duchardt said. "Now that the bankruptcy is over, it doesn't really change anything after we had that meeting."
Duchardt said NASCAR remains a strong marketing investment and the auto manufacturer is still committed to the sport.
Martin's crew chief, Alan Gustafson, said he noticed no detrimental changes in GM's product.
"They just got into a bad situation with the economy and banks and the fuel economy," he said. "I think the good news for all of us is GM's never built better cars."
GM left bankruptcy protection leaner, cleansed of massive debt and burdensome contracts that would have sunk it without federal loans.

I wish our Government Motors would bail me `out or
buy me a ZR`1...I've always paid my taxes
Your Comment's Please ?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:53 PM

...Don't worry, everything gona be `ok What ? R U Sure ?
...No...4-Sure

Old 07-21-2009, 02:57 PM

Member's ? Did U get your new Hat

I think it should be called TaxPay'in Motors ?
What R u ON DRUGS ? No not yet

Old 07-21-2009, 03:00 PM

Don't worry George
We've got you Covered, plus we are pay'in your pension 2
Tow Truck on the way from China or N.Korea, or the
Middle East...We will honor your warranty.
Boat leaving for China in 30 days or more.
EnJoy your GM Product by our GOverMent

Old 07-21-2009, 05:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I will always GM...

Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM

...Hi `Michael, I will to , as long as they keep making cars like the Camaro, Corvette, & the ZR1..... But, if they start cutting performance in Lew of economy IE Just electric/3-4 cylinder putt-putt's, I will go elsewhere....4-Sure What ? , not buy a Government Control Motor's Vehicle ? No, no NO ...Can't afford a clunker 2 get $4500 on trade
That's ok, the taxpayer's will pay the difference I just don't understand the math, or whose gonna pay 4 all these bailouts ? ? ? ?

Maybe go to a private island, and buy a fast 20 speed bike & surfboard : )....Sure hope things work out for GM & our country...
"Lead, Follow or get the hell outta the way"....~> "Accountability
Frustrating `yes...4-Sure....Greed does corrupt, and it has many that still have the....Power/Money that are still in control of the masses....That's all ..got 2 get ready for work, and then pay my taxes......Sure hope they don't tax my dreams.....`Amen

Old 07-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Yea I agree, they need to keep performance...