Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

FWD haters.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zipper
Lol. That's kinda what I was thinking.

There's no point in acting like any of our cars is going to have a chance against an 8 second car. What's important is that you enjoy your Monte. Who cares if it's a 14, 15, or 16 second cars. Just make it faster.

In the end RWD wins all, but you can still have fun with FWD cars and surprise a few people from time to time.
I wouldn't say that
YouTube - 2007 Monte Carlo SS VS 1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

YouTube - 2007 Monte Carlo SS VS 1998 Mustang Cobra

YouTube - Monte Carlo SS Vs Mustang GT

Old 04-23-2011, 03:40 PM

Enjoy what you drive, there is always someone out there with more money and a faster car.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:58 PM

i dont think that the fwd/rwd conflict will ever be resolved. there are always gonna be cars that shoulda been rwd but are fwd. but most ppl learn to live with it and come up with ways to make their fwd cars faster and more reliable than rwd. yeah ill admit that the monte would have been a little better if it had stayed rwd. but if it did then none of us would be able to get the same level of satisfaction when we smoke a cocky driver in his camaro or mustang. the fact that the monte is fwd just makes it that more unique and makes the ppl modding them that much more in touch with their cars.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think you miss understood what I was saying Mels. The videos you showed me were of cars that didn't run any faster then a 14 second 1/4 mile time. That's not fast, especially when top fuel cars are running sub 4 second 1000' times at 325mph+. Top fuel cars are the fastest cars on the planet (acceleration wise) and they are RWD. That's what I meant when I said that in the end RWD wins, because a FWD car will NEVER be that fast.

But I'll say it again, it's fun to surprise some of those RWD guys with our FWD Montes. It is more satisfying, like bama_Z34 said.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Come down here we have a beautiful track and a road coarse and its been 1 weeks since I smoked someone who tried the SS.
Home Page
your the one thinks he can smoke a built RWD car, so come to chicago and prove it.
Lol. That's kinda what I was thinking.

There's no point in acting like any of our cars is going to have a chance against an 8 second car. What's important is that you enjoy your Monte. Who cares if it's a 14, 15, or 16 second cars. Just make it faster.

In the end RWD wins all, but you can still have fun with FWD cars and surprise a few people from time to time.
this is what i race vvv. the monte is my DD and I know that it is slow.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

^That's a pretty sweet Camaro. What engine do you have in there? Also, any dyno numbers or 1/4 mile times with that Camaro? I've always been kind of a third gen fan when it comes to Camaros. They look good.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 PM

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!! 14 second monte carlos, reeal fast,hahahaha! and next time find a few v8 built cars,lol!!!

YouTube - Chevy Camaro Wheelie at Byron 2009

Old 04-23-2011, 05:50 PM

^That's a pretty sweet Camaro. What engine do you have in there? Also, any dyno numbers or 1/4 mile times with that Camaro? I've always been kind of a third gen fan when it comes to Camaros. They look good.
thanks! its got a built 355 on spray. can't give out times on my car but its better than 10.90's on motor.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think you miss understood what I was saying Mels. The videos you showed me were of cars that didn't run any faster then a 14 second 1/4 mile time. That's not fast, especially when top fuel cars are running sub 4 second 1000' times at 325mph+. Top fuel cars are the fastest cars on the planet (acceleration wise) and they are RWD. That's what I meant when I said that in the end RWD wins, because a FWD car will NEVER be that fast.

But I'll say it again, it's fun to surprise some of those RWD guys with our FWD Montes. It is more satisfying, like bama_Z34 said.
Agreed all I was saying also people shouldn't take us likely.

And SittnOn4z when you can't say what times you run I raise the BS flag on anything your talking about. And I never said I could beat and 10 second car yet but I will.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is this an argument? I can't tell. It's too slow. j/k

Quick Reply: FWD haters.