Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Friggen jerk gave me 2 tickets: for speeding and tints!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Default Friggen jerk gave me 2 tickets: for speeding and tints!

[sm=bangbang.gif]Well today I had my first run in with the law[sm=headbang.gif]. I happened to be riding down this stretch of road I normally dont go down. The speed limit is normally 40. But in the stretch of maybe 5 blocks the speed limit changes from 40 to 30 to 35 to 25 to 35.So im driving along and out of nowhere this guy hops in the middle of the street with his hand up. It was a motorcycle cop hiding in the corner of a cross street radaring ppl. Heclaims he got me on the radarconveniently at 45 (which I really doubt because I was stopped at a red light a couple hundred feet away) in the 25 mph zone. 20 mph over! It happened to be a school zone which probably makes it even worse. But There was another schoolzone maybe 3 blocks before that was 30mph that I obeyed. I had no idea it was 25 right there because the "school zone" sign on the side of the roadhad no posted speed limit. Although there was a 25mph sign hanging above the road that is maybe 12' by 12' that i wouldnt be able to see for ****! So I guess I assumed it was 30mph. So then this doofus sticks his arm in my car with this meter looking thing in his hand, I thought it was a brethalyzer, and i thought I was in the clear. But then he told me to roll the window up half way, and he checked the % of the tint on the window. So I left the site with 2 tickets, the tint is going to be like $150, and the speeding fee isnt even listed that I have to go to court for it[sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=bangbang.gif]. Man, this f*ckin guy is such a d bag, with his flaming handlebar mustache, aviator glasses, and spandex motorcycle pants. Very unprofessional, didnt even give me a chance to speak on my behalf, just came over to check the windows, get my l&r and give me the tix and left me there hangin. I used to be a real proponent of cops with my dad being a fed agent and all, but this guy obviously was set up in a SPEED TRAP with all those diff speed limits. And the second I pull away, he nabs some other young guy for the same thing. Hes just a spandex- clad pawn for the county thats loosing $1,000,000 a week, and they have to take it out on normal law abiding, commuters and working people[sm=violin.gif]. So do u guys have any advice on how to beat a ticket, or lessen the punishmentsin court. Ill take any and all advice. By the way this was my first offence in driving for4 years or so. And Im pretty poor as it is, so i dont have the expendable income to pay for such bs![sm=feedback.gif]

Old 10-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: Friggen jerk gave me 2 tickets: for speeding and tints!

Some states will let you take a defensive driving course. It really doesn't save you a lot $$ wise (in Texas anyway)except it keeps it off your record/insurance.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Some states will let you take a defensive driving course. It really doesn't save you a lot $$ wise (in Texas anyway) except it keeps it off your record/insurance.
That's what I did for my bogus failure to yield, I had a strong case because the moron stepped into the crosswalk on the opposite side as I was passing through but the cop still pulled me over. Anyway it was less hassle to just do the online course, click through the videos and answer some common sense stuff and I was good.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:39 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

According to my dad who was a Deputy Sheriff for over 14 yrs the cops do not have to give you a chance to explain the situation to them. They can do it out of courtesy but this guy obviously wasn't interested in what you had to say. Plus, it could be the speeding ticket is only a smoke screen to get a chance to check the tint of your windows.

I would go before the judge and explain you have every intention of obeying the speed laws. That they change so much in such a short driving distance most motorists wouldn't be able to comply with them.

There may an outside chance this cop isn't a favorite with the judicial system, they may think he's a real @$$ and the tickets may be reduced or thrown out all together?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree on pleading not guilty and going before the judge on the speeding ticket. On the tint tho, BUSTED! AND... if its like here in Michigan, its THREE points on your drivers license, also! Did he make you remove the tint, or will he be looking for you again?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:31 PM

wait so i have 5% tints all the way around. if i have them rolled down they can make me roll them up?
i have been pulled over once, it turns out it was my dare officer from grade school. this was right after i finished with my paint to. so i said i jsut got it out and they put the wrong tints in the wron place. he also got me for no front plate which im "waiting for".
otherwise the other times ive gotten pulled over i have gotten out of them im a talker.

for court. dont dress formal. jsut casual nice polo some decent kakis. make it look like you give a d*m*. mayby he wont show!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:16 PM

yeah, if he don't show then you could win cause they have no proof. also, if you could prove he was hiding were you couldn't see him you could maybe get him on entrapment, there are different laws in every state on how officers can "hide". get a lawyer they can take care of all of for you, should be easy if its your first offense.

your luck the cop didn't do what I have had done to me with illegal tint. when I lived in Missouri I got pulled over and the dude took out his knife and slit my tint all up, had no choice but to remove it.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 PM

What it is going to bad for you SCHOOL ZONE bad for your position in any case. Tints on window show that you comply with the law and they might reduce it. Go the legal way and the judge might take all in consideration and just give you a good talking to.