Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Top 10 Places for Speeding Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Top 10 Places for Speeding Tickets

Thought some of you may find this interesting and as Space wants us to fill up empty post space here you go....

-----------------------------------------
If you're feeling the need for speed, we've got a list of states you might want to avoid.

Driverside.com has put together a list of what it calls the “Top Ten Speediest States.” Because they count speeders by the number of speeding tickets issued, we think it’s more like the 10 states with the busiest traffic police. After all, are there more fast drivers where the police issue a lot of tickets, or where they issue very few? Maybe these are just the top 10 states where speeders are likely to get caught. At any rate, they're the states with the most speeding tickets issued per capita.

Jalopnik adds, “A lot goes into these statistics besides how fast residents are driving, including the number of law enforcement officers on the road and the population of each individual state.”

Whichever way you look at it, the list has some important information for those of you who tend to find their right foot getting a little heavy on the highway.

Try the cruise control in wide-open spaces, for instance -- states like North Dakota and Wyoming have a lot of highway miles through beautiful, sparsely-populated country, and a lot of cops who patrol them. Another important lesson: when a state is generous with its speed limits, don’t push your luck. New Mexico is happy to let you go 75 on many of its highways, so why do New Mexico police have the opportunity to issue so many tickets? Are drivers really pushing 90 out there? Won't 75 get you there fast enough?

We also tried teasing out some of the psychology of speeders in other states. Delaware has no sales tax, so maybe drivers there feel like they have extra cash to spend on speeding tickets. Or maybe, since Delaware bills itself as "The First State" (it was the first state to ratify the constitution), Delaware drivers feel the need to be first everywhere.

Massachusetts has universal healthcare, so maybe drivers there speed because they're not worried about medical bills. But we're stumped as to why Vermonters are speeding. We've always been under the impression that Vermont is populated by aging hippies driving beat-up cars running on biodiesel, not speed machines.

If you're looking to avoid a ticket, you shouldn't apply for jobs here at U.S. News Automotive. In the nation’s capital, where our offices are, Driverside says police managed to issue 434,301 traffic citations last year. That’s impressive, considering that the District of Columbia has only a little over 550,000 residents. Of course, many of us commute in from Maryland (which made the list) and Virginia (which missed it). At this rate, perhaps we should begin reviewing bikes.

The complete list ranks these places from low to high, based on the number of speeding tickets issued per capita.

10. Massachusetts
9. Delaware
8. South Carolina Wasn't me!
7. New Mexico
6. Maryland
5. Mississippi
4. North Dakota
3. Vermont
2. Wyoming
1. Washington, D.C.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 AM

..Hi `Brian, thanks for filling in some empty space on the MCF.
Good Read.....Don't think I want to drive in D.C.
It's great that I'm not alone this morning on the MCF. It's scary on the forum when no one is `on : ) I think we have ghost
Top 10 Places for Speeding Tickets
Add one more #11. AnyWhere that `Space Drives
Thanks 4 all your contributions 2 our Monte Carlo Family....
4-$ure

Old 05-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Default speeding.......

Arkansas Hwy 70, going to and from Hot Springs should be on there. They are sneaky through there..........

Picture isn't hwy 70 but You get the idea........

Old 05-06-2010, 07:28 AM

Places to get pulled over

On the road
In your car
In the drivers seat
Behind the wheel
In the grass
On the sidewalk

I think yall no im just being smart lol

id like to add # 12 Wisconsin. We got some cops that are A-holes

Old 05-06-2010, 07:51 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by gothkid
Places to get pulled over

On the sidewalk
OJne cop around here is a dick, so a guy decided to walk home from the bar. He got charged for public intoxication.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Glad CA is not on the list! I honestly would have been surprised if it was. LOL. Now I would have to say that just because a state is not on the list does not mean people don't drive to fast in that state. I know from driving these highways everyday, people hall *** in this state, some more than others, but in many spots, the flow of traffice is 75-80 MPH. Then there are plently of lane changers that go back an forth doing 90+.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by gothkid
id like to add # 12 Wisconsin. We got some cops that are A-holes
Sure hope none of them are readin' this thread. :p

We have the typical hiding spots here. Behind overpasses, hiding in the entry driveways of closed businesses, etc...

Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 PM

As for A-hole cops, it would seem Prince George's County, MD should top the list.

In all seriousness though, I'm surprised Ohio didn't make the list. When I was driving through it on I75 last July, we past over 30 of them, many of them had either pulled people or zipped out to nail some one. Interestingly, I'm driving the Monte back up that way later this month... She likes to speed too, so I'll have to be careful.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kokopelli
As for A-hole cops, it would seem Prince George's County, MD should top the list.

In all seriousness though, I'm surprised Ohio didn't make the list. When I was driving through it on I75 last July, we past over 30 of them, many of them had either pulled people or zipped out to nail some one. Interestingly, I'm driving the Monte back up that way later this month... She likes to speed too, so I'll have to be careful.
thanks for the mention of Ohio, I have to go through there to get to the monte nationals in richmond, indiana from pittsburgh at the end of june...

Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Prince George's are one of the toughest here in Maryland.
I am definitely afraid of troopers though, i think they have to uphold a certain reputation of being the tough guys.
Where in Maryland do you reside?

Quick Reply: Top 10 Places for Speeding Tickets