Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I hate speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I hate speeding tickets

Ok, I got stopped for speeding this past weekend, I was going around a guy who kept matching my speed as my lane was about to end. I sped up he sped up, I slowed down, he slowed down.

Finally I just hammered the gas and blew by him. My luck being what it is, there was a cop in the oncoming lane who saw my lovely stunt and promptly pulled me over.

Heres the crappy part, I was ticketd for speeding in a 35, even tough my top speed was achieved in the 45 after I had cleared the other car.

final result, a $271 dollar ticket and 6 points Citation reads 71 in a 35.

I do deserve the ticket, but feel it should have read 71 in a 45.

On the note section of the check I wrote to pay off my debt to society i wrote "Having too fast of a car."

Oh well, I think I need to invest in a radar/laser detector if this luck keeps up.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Yep, radar detector helps tons man! My ticket for following to close was $251 plus it will be $40 bucks for traffic school to keep it off my record.

Holy crap dude, 6 points! that sucks...I hope for your sake that insurance does not nail you to bad!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 PM

YIKES!!! You boys better slow down out there on that two lane blacktop.....I just kept getting stopped for having a car that's too loud... well you know what they say...

IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:29 PM

Ouch! $271 and 6 points... that really sucks. Can you get 3 points taken off your license for taking a defensive driving course like we do here in NY?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Robyn, loud pipes save lives after all

Old 08-08-2009, 12:17 AM

Saiga... they weren't loud on purpose, they were loud cuz something had a hole in it... That and my stereo system KICKS... I bought the car and there was JL audios in the trunk and didn't even know it, what really sucked was the crap JVC deck they put in. I think I'm going to change it for a chameleon...

Old 08-08-2009, 01:15 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Cops suck on so many levels....

Old 08-08-2009, 01:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Cops suck on so many levels....
I agree...some are actually out there to serve the community and do a good deed. Others are just jerks looking to use their power. Think about the a-hole that gave me a ticket on top of my accident...geee I really needed that too. Thanks a lot asswipe. I can't stand the sleezy ones that sit at the bottom of a hill or mountain just waiting for some innocent person to accidently speed by them on a down hill...Come on, now that is seriously just an ******* IMO!

Old 08-08-2009, 02:08 AM

I thank god every day for that huge ticket that I could have gotten in ohio but didnt...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I agree...some are actually out there to serve the community and do a good deed. Others are just jerks looking to use their power. Think about the a-hole that gave me a ticket on top of my accident...geee I really needed that too. Thanks a lot asswipe.
I know what that's like, Michael. Several years ago on a hot July day, I was approaching an intersection in Greenwich, CT with my A/C cranked up and radio blasting. About the time I entered the intersection, I hear the sound of a siren. I looked to the left and see a fire truck on top of me. It was too late to get out of the way. Fire truck goes through the intersection, tearing off my front bumper. When the cops showed up, they gave me a ticket for "failure to yield to an emergency vehicle"! Gee, thanks, officer. Later on, they dropped it though.

Quick Reply: I hate speeding tickets