Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

To the friendly Bryner Chevrolet employee

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I went in for a coolant flush (since it's winter and I didn't want to deal with it myself haha) and he was the one that drove my car around the back of the shop and back out for me as I was leaving. He then wanted to talk more about mine, but I had to get going haha so I told him to check this place out.
Mike, how much for the flush at the dealer?

Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It was about $120. Labor rate is the big variable. Fluid itself isn't expensive (nor is it hard to do) I'm just not about to do it myself when the weather is soo cold and there's snow on the ground haha.

Although I don't know if I'm going to go back to this place for work on my car. The guy that drove my car around was a great guy and I hope he joins the forum. But they left a monkey wrench slammed in my hood (near the windshield wipers) and that could have done some serious damage. So... I doubt they are going to get any more business from me. We'll see.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Well if they're giving their tools away, they could at least leave them in the trunk for you.

Was there any damage?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Yeah, that sucks about the wrench.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

No damage on visual inspection, but the car is filthy with the snow that we had. I'll check it better when I wash the car to make sure there is no scratching or anything

Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
It was about $120. Labor rate is the big variable. Fluid itself isn't expensive (nor is it hard to do) I'm just not about to do it myself when the weather is soo cold and there's snow on the ground haha.

Although I don't know if I'm going to go back to this place for work on my car. The guy that drove my car around was a great guy and I hope he joins the forum. But they left a monkey wrench slammed in my hood (near the windshield wipers) and that could have done some serious damage. So... I doubt they are going to get any more business from me. We'll see.
That's pretty inexcusable for a dealership.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KJRich
That's pretty inexcusable for a dealership.
As much as I'm not a fan of professionals making mistakes like that, we are all human and we all make them. I know I've shut the hood on my own cars when I was in a hurry, thought I got all my tools and found I left a small wrench/socket/screw drive on the cowl/strut tower/fender rail. Luckily no damage.

The bigger dictating factor to me is, if the wrench did cause any damage, how's the shop's customer service for correcting it? If they are jerks about it, well, then they just might not get my business again.

I had a shop incorrectly dimple the roof on a car of mine when doing a sun roof install. They told me right away, said if I want it fixed, pick my body shop bring them the bill. My gut kept saying "something is going to go wrong" and it never did. They worked with the body shop to remove the sun roof (so not to void warranties) and re-installed it. I paid the shop on a charge card, brought the sun roof shop the bill, the owner gave me a check on the spot and again apologized for the problem. I looked at him and said, he did the best thing possible, no hassle correction of it. Because of that, I've had other services done with this shop (without fail) and referred people to them because of their honesty.

Customer service goes a LONG way.