Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

a friendly race

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default a friendly race

4 Diffrent ones! 3 win 2 lose

The cars,
Mine
00 olds intrigue GS 167k
3.5 twincam v6 auto stock,

Friends car,
99 chevy cavilier 150k(i think)
Donno what size but 4cyl 5speed
E3 plugs, accel coils and wires E85 conversion lower 2in

Just after we both got the cars we raced this is when we where both stock and both having a few minor issues
His car the P.O. put exhaust on and didn't put the rear 02 in has junk plugs and wires, my car the maf was dirty(trippin theo code) and crank sensor was on it's way out

hwy pull, cruisin about 40 and we go he was keeping up pritty good until i hit the next gear start pulling on him had atleast 2cars on him when i let off at 80 we did that twice and it was the same result
WIN! x2!

Street pull, from a dead stop
Me knowing the fault of the KR in the 3800's with wot off the line figuring it was the same in my car so i feather into it ,he pulled away by about half and stayed there i let off at 60
Lose...

tonight i freshly detailed the exterior of the intrigue and we did the int on his cavi then did 2 pulls on our way to white castle
Both cars top notch at this point, i have a ses light for the junk gas cap...

street pull, a block, going maybe 5 we both get in he pulls on me by about half a car as i let off to drop behind him he reaches for third so we hit aleast 60, stoped at the stop sign and headed to the highway
LOSE....

Get on the hwy he goes flying up the on ramp, has a bit of an s curve
I get on normaly and catch up to him and the hwy is wide open, 4lanes and only 1 car that gets onto a joining hwy so we have it to our selves, 3 lanes and not a car in site! we make the pull we slow to 45, both punch it, and he starts pulling on me, he has about 1/4th of a car on me, at this point i'm startin to hit my power band and get neck n neck i stick my arm out the window and wave at him saying bye!, my car shifts and i pull away from him hard, i let off at 95 and had alteast 4-5 cars on him, we get off the free way and get to whities he hops out and goes damn that thing is a hwy cruiser we are bs'in a bit and he's like i thought you where messing with me and just hit the gas but you just changed gears! he's like imagine if that thing had a 5spd in it!

he keeps bugging me to buy the trany thats in his car now when he swaps to a getrage 282 into his cavi
WIN!!!

*This was all performed on a closed course by professional drivers*

******** i do not condone street racing***********

**Be careful, know your surroundings, always wear your seatbelt, avoid heavily populated area's, o and those Red and Blue lights that usually apear out of nowhere!***

Last edited by Budsjlm; 06-05-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:19 AM

..Good Morning `Justin,
Sounds like you are having some fun...
Be Safe ~> EnJoy...