Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, January 6, 2012 < Check In

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone. Im already out and about. Gotta doctor appt. Arg.... Then what better way to spend my day off than to go shopping at the store i work at.. Tgif and its payday

Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Mike. Glad to hear the Doc say your doing better. Hey get up and walk around more and more. can't believe your back to work already. Lets us know how the car shopping is going with Emily
Thanks Rick, I just hadda do some paper work this morning & make sure everything is goin smooth lol, & i forsee the car shopping to be a pain lol so picky she is lol

Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 AM

Mike if there are any 05-06 Nissan Altima SE-Rs up there at least check it out. 260hp V6 and a 6 speed manual. Me being a GM guy I was still pretty impressed with it. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one at some point and almost did before I bought the Monte (the SE-R sold before I could get my hands on it)

Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Those 6 speed nissans are pretty sweet, im sure ill see one but in the end its all up to her

Old 01-06-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Looks like the Pagani Zonda F

Good Morning Mod `Mike,
You sure know your cars 4-Sure....I think the Pagani is a crazy ride with a super crazy high price...I'd love 2 see one in person, and better yet , to be able to test drive one
Guess, I will just continue my AutoDreams
Wish you a great day & super weekend `Mike...
============================================
Hi Mark, great 2 see you online. Wish you a Super 2012 in the Flat-lands of Kansas
=============================================
Good Morning `Rick, WoW you sure were SuperCharged last eve on the `Blog 4-Sure....It took me 4ever to read it this morning, but I laughed at many of yours & member's posts.
Thanks for all your contributions....It sure was a Record on the MCF `Blog
Good Morning `Dave, you should get one of those Pagina's
Wish you & Member's a Great TGIF & WeekEnd
Hi Keane, Hope you get a good report from your doc visit, + a good paycheck for all your work..EnJoy your `day
=======================================
Good Morning `Zach, you were crazy funny last night on the Blog ~> Thanks for your time & dedication to the MCF
===========================================
Mike, I think you should get Emily a new or used ZR-1
I just finished my night shift & my g/f is on her way over & we are going to have lunch & then I will change her oil & wash her Honda ...I'm happy 2 `be 4-Sure. (she will take a nap) She's been working + going to med school full time...
Weather has improved & it's getting warmer..

p.s. Keep the Blog & forum active & have `fun..
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Looks like it’s a good news / bad news day for me.

The bad news: the iPhone I received two days ago as a belated Christmas present from my wife is faulty. The speaker doesn’t work. So off to the Apple store later today to find a replacement. Crap...

The good news: I get my old car, Alice (a ’90 Jag XJS), back from the shop today! My mechanic was helping troubleshoot a weird / random rough running problem and fixing / adjusting a couple other things that were beyond my abilities. It’s been in the shop for weeks. I let him keep it a few weeks and tinker with it in his spare time to try figuring out the rough running anomaly. When I went to the shop yesterday, it was running great. But the ghost electrical anomaly causing the sporadic rough running may not be solved yet. It’s possible the ECU is dying. Which could actually be a good thing. First – its’ an easy swap out, just a little expensive (around $500). Second – I can put in a great aftermarket ECU which will transform the stock, mild mannered, EPA-friendly V12 into more of a beast! Fun fun fun!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 09:40 AM

Sucks about the iPhone Sparky. I'm not a fan of apple products in general. Only exception is the iPod cause it's honestly the only legit mp3 player that's worth a crap. As far as phones go, if I ever go away from Blackberry, it'll be to Android. I have issues with Apple's practices regarding their app store.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Back to the Meguires Endurance. Unless they have improved it, that is what I have and it does sling a little. I just looked at my bottle. I bought it last spring. Still a great shine.
I just got back from taking the kid to school and had another look at the car. No sling anywhere on the sides of the car or the side skirts. I did use it sparingly and spread it out until I needed to put a litle more on the applicator. Maybe the compound of the tire has something to do with it? It does leave a great looking shine on the tires.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space i figured you would get a kick out of all that was going on last night haha

Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I just got back from taking the kid to school and had another look at the car. No sling anywhere on the sides of the car or the side skirts. I did use it sparingly and spread it out until I needed to put a litle more on the applicator. Maybe the compound of the tire has something to do with it? It does leave a great looking shine on the tires.
Maybe it is just that I drive too fast

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, January 6, 2012 < Check In