Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, January 6, 2012 < Check In

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 AM

Thanks 4 Stopping in
Good Morning `Mike,
Life is always better when your Monte is all cleaned `up & the tires clean & slick...Wish you good weather & a super new day of life.~> EnJoy
============================================
`Mel, you are welcomed 4-Sure...Thanks 4 your reply

Last edited by Space; 01-06-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all!! I see y'all took it to 23 pages on yesterdays blog
I'll check back in later today and see where it's at :p it's fun reading through all the pages on what y'all up to haha might go to the gym in a few then wash the monte later

Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Let me know how that no sling works out with the Meguires! Also thanks on the complements Jerry much appreciated.
I drove the car right after applying it and put about 10 miles on it. The fenders are spotless so it doesn't appear to sling at all. The real test will be to see if it lasts like they claim.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have some of that Meguires gel. I will have to check the model and see if its endurance. Stuff does shine good and I have only used not quite half a bottle all year. Might cost more initially but when it last like it does, its money saved. Now the slinging it does do. I will have stiff all over my silver ground effects. But it wipes off easily. I will check it after I shower. Gotta be fresh ya know.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:38 AM

Mornin guys. Finally home from work. I didn't even clock out till 640. We had a major mechanical failure on the BRAND NEW LINE that took 45 minutes to fix. Then we get rolling again and I somehow sliced the crap out of my left thumb. At least an inch long gash. I'm not sure if anyone here knows, but I'm left handed. So this is going to be quite annoying for a while. Medical training kicked in and I had it cleaned, gauzed, and wrapped in no time flat. I always keep some basic medical supplies with me so that helps. Still trying to acquire a full size medic bag for myself so I just have the small one that I've had for quite a while. So I'll get that back out in a little while and clean it up again (I'm sure the gauze is soaked by now) and wrap it up in a way that at least allows me some use of my thumb. My coworkers kept asking "Can I hand you this, can I hand you that?" and I'm like "Just stay the hell out of my way, I've got this," and got it all done with one hand LOL. By the time I clocked out I had logged in well over 10 hours. Now I have to get all my stuff together for drill this weekend and leave for Kentucky sometime after lunch. May swing by and look at that 06 SS on the way out of town (not that I can buy but I can't help myself). Looking forward to hanging out with my best friend from HS this evening.

EDIT: Here's a pic of my quick handiwork. Not bad for about 30 seconds of putting it together so I could get back to work.

Last edited by SupplySgt; 01-06-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning all, on my way to work for a bit than.car shopping

Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 AM

Good Morning `Jerry, wish you a good day ~> EnJoy..I'm super tired after reading last night's Blog My work this morning is interfering with my MCF Time
======================================
Hi `Drew (Sarge),
Sorry that you got hurt, but great that you were able to treat yourself..Hope it heals fast & don't interfere with your training...Wish you a safe trip & fun with your H.S. Friends
===========================================
Hi Mike (JG), good luck on your auto search/find. Be safe out there & keep us updated on what you find/get...
============================================

Old 01-06-2012, 08:03 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:04 AM

Morning All,

It’s Aloha Friday – welcome to the weekend!

Space - Cool car pic. What is it??

Sarge - Ouch... Take care of your finger. Don't let it get infected.

If all goes well, I’ll have my work cut out doing car maintenance this weekend. If the wiring harness arrives today, I’ll have what I need to install a new stereo (Clarion CZ501) in the old car my son is driving (’95 Mercedes C280). We’re keeping the stock Bose speakers, but the stock stereo is dead. We also need to wash / wax it. We also need to take it somewhere to get the code read to figure out why the ‘Check Engine’ light came on a few days ago. It’s been running great since I installed new ignition coils. Prior to the new coils, the engine (6 cylinder, one coil firing two cylinders, just like our Series 2 3800 in the Monte) would suddenly drop two cylinders at random. The fresh ignition coils seem to have solved the problem. New wires / plugs are next on the refurb list. Unless of course the code indicates that something else gets bumped up to the top of the list…

Happy Friday!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 AM

Morning MCF'ers - I'm just finishing up reading yesterday's blog. I wonder how long it will take to beat THAT record! Drew, sorry about your injury but it looks like you wrapped it up really well.

I'm waiting for better weather to try the new Meguiar's Endurance gel - I got a bottle for my boss (he drives a new Porsche), and I'm anxious to see how it looks on my Monte's tires. It's just been too cold here to do much except keep the car clean. Hope everybody has a good day....

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, January 6, 2012 < Check In