Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, January 6, 2012 < Check In

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Space - Cool car pic. What is it??
Looks like the Pagani Zonda F

Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Looks like the Pagani Zonda F
Sweet! I just Googled it for a better look. What a hot looking car.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 AM

Ok got it cleaned and the dressing changed.

Right after I unwrapped it

And then rewrapped.

Still won't be able to bend my thumb but the cut extended closer to my knuckle than I could work around unfortunately. So I'll just have to deal with it for a few days while I heal. It looks a lot better now though which is always a good thing.

Sparky, that's the nice thing about Uncle Sam giving me medical training. I'll probably change the dressing a couple times a day for the next couple days and then let it air out as I'm sleeping at night (it won't heal right or nearly as quickly if you don't let it air out at least a little while). I'll just keep it wrapped up while I'm up so I don't accidently open it back up.

I think I'm gonna whip up some Mac and Cheese now. I'm hungry.

Last edited by SupplySgt; 01-06-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone. Tgif!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Sparky, that's the nice thing about Uncle Sam giving me medical training. I'll probably change the dressing a couple times a day for the next couple days and then let it air out as I'm sleeping at night (it won't heal right or nearly as quickly if you don't let it air out at least a little while). I'll just keep it wrapped up while I'm up so I don't accidently open it back up.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sarge-that looks about like my finger I exploded by an even sitting down on it at work a while back. Had to get 4 stitches but probably would have survived without. Go ahead and check on the Monte you like. You never know, they might give you a decent price and get financed at a low rate for a long period. Maybe 4-5 years and then you might be able to get it. Time flys by and it would be paid off in no time. Keep us posted, interested in hearing about it. Take a pic or two for us.
Mike-let us know what you find today also.
Back to the Meguires Endurance. Unless they have improved it, that is what I have and it does sling a little. I just looked at my bottle. I bought it last spring. Still a great shine.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Mornin' Everyone from the Flatlands of Kansas!

Wow 23 pages yesterday! Good Grief. Looks like I'm going to the Salvage yard
to find the little air deflector that's underneath the front bumper on the '98 Black LS.
The wife ran it into an 8" parking curb & it's trash... Fun!

Hope you all are having a good one!

-Mark.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone. Just rolled out of bed this am. Sun trying to come up over the Mtns of AZ. .. I finished up with the blog last night. After no one posted anything else. Tried to watch a little TV. But fell to sleep on the couch. Got up around midnight and went to bed. Nothing going on here today. Except get some stuff ready for an overnite stay in Laughlin, Nevada this weekend car show up there. MELs GOOD LUCK in the car show. Hell if I was going to enter it and saw your Monte. I might think twice on it. You should have no Problem. Mike. Glad to hear the Doc say your doing better. Hey get up and walk around more and more. can't believe your back to work already. Lets us know how the car shopping is going with Emily..GOOD MORNING SPACE . Gregg GOOD Morning. Glad to hear you get to stay on your shift .. Morning Angie. Nice to see you were with us last night. And you beat me on here this am . Well I'm glad all of you don't have SKYPE. Cause I think I'd scare the Hell out of everyone this morning. My hair looks like my pillow combed it eyes 1/2 shut hold a cup of coffee trying to wake up Not a pretty site ha ha ha. Ok Going to read the end of the blog from last night

Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM

Guess we'll see Jerry. If I can get a good deal on it and a good rate then I'd probably jump all over it, even though I'd be giving up a few mpg on the highway.

And yeah, even if I did need stitches, that's another thing I'd be able to do myself. I have pretty steady hands (I can even stick myself with an IV if need be) but it's a pretty clean cut so I won't need them this time. I have a nice scar on the same hand below my thumb from several years ago though LOL.

Last edited by SupplySgt; 01-06-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, January 6, 2012 < Check In