Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, April 4th, 2014 - Everyone Check In -

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning MCF, it's gonna be a long day. Been slow at work, I've gotten off at 4:30 every day this week. Then I have to come home and pic up the Dweeb and some Nice clothes, got the step grand daughter in Jersey City, then drive down to Brick NJ and help set up for the Baby shower tomorrow. Then go to the Baby shower tomorrow. Then drive home! Baby showers are not my thing at all. But it's for my first 2 grandkids So I have to step up!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

Hi Member 'Perry,
I'm Beach Bum 'Mike & use space's old MCF account. Space is out on a ship around Bermuda (or he's in the Triangle (lol).

*Your daughter is fortunate to have a father that spends time with her + takes her to a NASCAR RACE . Wish you good weather & super memories > EnJoy
AH! NOW I understand! Lol and thanks for the well wishes! She is my princess!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >New Day of Life > EnJoy<

Good Morning J.C. > WoW > you are a busy grandpa (lol) > Wish you a safe/fun time with family + getting 2 drive your awesome Monte Carlo > EnJoy
================================================
Thanks 'Perry & it's great that you understand (now, please explain it to me (LOL) > I get confused all the time with 'all this space(s) on the MCF > Wish U & Member's a great Friday/WeekEnd/EnJoy

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-04-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Morning every one

Nice to see ya bum Mike. Working at home this Friday

Batching it this week end Ronda is off to scraping book convention with her girl friends

Have a good one !!!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys. Mid 50's here today. UP is getting their fare share of snow right now; 8+ inches in certain areas.

We had a live televised high speed police chase here in Detroit early yesterday morning. One of our local news choppers fell upon it in progress and followed. Detroit, Southfield, and MI State Police involved. We hardly ever see stuff like this here, let alone live in progress; it felt so California-like.

Longer chase video here > Raw video: Police chase down I-696 | News - Home

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 04-04-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

Hi 'Brent & Congrat's on your MOTY win >
I watched 'space work on your pic & the member's blog & he was happy that the member's voted your Hot Rod racing Monte for the Monte of the Year

I talked 2 space last 'eve & he viewed the MCF on a cell phone & tried to post (but the phone he was using kept losing it's connection I think it's a Bermuda Triangle thing (lol).

It's great 2 C U online (Lots of new member's on the MCF )..It's great 2 C member's I know...

Wish U & Member's a Great Friday & Racing Weekend > EnJoy 4>Sure Thanks 4 your words & keeping the MCF 'active
Peace > Out > from Bum'Mike
Thanks for the congrats!

Is 'Space using the InternetBrands app? I guess it depends on which kind of phone he is using. My wife posts her NASCAR pics from her iPhone using the app. Its seems fairly easy to use. I'm sure 'Space is smart enough to figure it out...

Old 04-04-2014, 06:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I wouldn't want to be in a high speed chase in Detroit because the road would beat the crap out of my car at the high speed. That highway is a whole new level of danger, especially the shoulders!

I hate driving thru Detroit. No offense...

Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Cool >Thanks `Brent<

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Thanks for the congrats!

Is 'Space using the InternetBrands app? I guess it depends on which kind of phone he is using. My wife posts her NASCAR pics from her iPhone using the app. Its seems fairly easy to use. I'm sure 'Space is smart enough to figure it out...

Hi 'Brent,
I don't know what type of cell phone that space was using ? He was out in the Atlantic when he was able 2 connect to the MCF. When I talked with him I could barely hear him with all the interference . If he calls again I will tell him about the IB 'app *(I didn't know there was one) >Thanks
**Yes, I agree 100% that Space is a Smart-azz (LOL)
I do know that he never gives up on learning new things 4>sure.

*Space needs 2 get his own cell phone (he says his life is 2 busy to talk on the phone (lol) (He can't talk & walk or chew gum @ the same time (lol).
Thanks 4 your post + infor
==================================================
Hi Tadd, wish U a E.Z. work day @ home + I hope they do a good job on your Monte 4-$ure.
==============================
Hello 'Matt > Thanks 4 your post & sharing the 'vid...I will check it 'out..Yes, there's crazies out there like Space driving on the same highways as us (lol)
Peace/Out

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-04-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I wouldn't want to be in a high speed chase in Detroit because the road would beat the crap out of my car at the high speed. That highway is a whole new level of danger, especially the shoulders!

I hate driving thru Detroit. No offense...
None taken. Any Michigander will tell you we're used to it. Years of highly underfunded roads has put us in this position and, especially after this winter, we're paying for it now... we like snow because it fills the potholes.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 04-04-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
SpaceRider: (Mike)
Thanks for starting the Members Daily Blog!
Give Space our best... hope he and his grandpa and crew don't get lost in that Bermuda Triangle!

Its another beautiful day in Michigan.... (NOT)
I'm tired of crappy weather and chitty roads.... 2 down falls besides under funding for Michigan roads....

Michigan is mostly clay.... thus the heaving and shrinking during the winter and summer months. (Clay is like a sponge)...
Also Michigan has closed a lot of the scales that regulate the trucking industry...Thus most semi's in and around Michigan run over weight thus causing more damage to our roads.

My one huge pet peeve in Michigan...
Is all the trash and garbage that collects along the shoulders of the roads...
This is the dirtiest state in the whole USA.... The Mrs and I vacation a lot during the summer months.... Towing our camper across the country...
Every other state we have been to the highways are kept nearly spotless!

That's partialy what makes our vacations so enjoyable... As soon as we cross into ohio/Indiana... Tada we know that vacation has officially started...as the roads are smooth and garbage free...

Today should turn out to be the best day of the summer..
I went and checked on the progress of my secret Monte project....yesterday... It should be finished by the end of the day today...FINALLY!... weather permitting.. I will be bringing it home...
If not.. the shop said they had no problem with me leaving it there for the weekend til the weather clears up!

I think...
I'm getting a little excited at that possibility! I almost feel like a little kid at christmas! hehehehe

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, April 4th, 2014 - Everyone Check In -