Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

feeling a bit down

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Default RE: feeling a bit down

why would you come all the way to S/A to go to kerville?
run acrossed on hwy ? i will have to look again but it gose threw from one side of 35 to 10 with out having to come all the way down here first.

Dont ge tme wrong they both work but at least one will save you about a hour of going down and back,

Gorge town now that is funny. My fatehr in law lives up ther ein that Del Web estates or what ever it is up there.

the taxadermy is one of those things i always though to be interasting but never had a place to really do it.

But now i know who to go to when i want to get the hide tanned. if i have my way about it i will get a bufflo with a bow.
Or if i have to rifel but then it will be the black powder that i have as it is a replical rifel not the inlines.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

You know I didn't even think about that, NOT going through SA, because when hubby goes that's the way we go so he can stop by Bass Pro, LOL.I'm glad you said something, thanks. Then again we may go the other way and go through Burnet and down through that way. Prettier country that way anyway.

I know there is a Sun City retirement community near Georgetown. My friend was not happy when they put that in. They came in and ran those giant powerline towers right through their property. They fought it, but lost.

The convention will be in Ft. Worth in June. They open the competition room to the public on Sat. Last year it was in Kerrville. It'll probably be back in Kerrville in 2010. '09 we're going to Lubbock.
Going to Lubbock this year in July for Nationals.First trip to Nationals. Went to the World Show in Springfield, Il. in '05, THAT was awesome. Over 2000 taxidermists there from all over the world and the talent was out of this world. At the banquet we sat by some people fromMontana and Italy.

Where and when are you going buffalo hunting?

Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 PM

if i can do it i might see about trying to mak plans to get to one of the conventions/showes etc...
If i know i have some time i can do it i will ask ya where and when LOL

As far as the bufflo hunting I havent found a place to go yet that i can actually affored.
But it is a dream of mine for years to do it. I have some indian in me an dit was kind of a back to the roots thing fo rme hence the reson for the bow or Black powder.

yeah when i was up there i was thinking to my self that it sux they did wha tthey did to put it in They have one going in down here also. i have to haul the asphalt in to it and not really impreassed with it so far. .

i knew there was another way but could never remeber what it was till i find a map to look at . i dont go that way to much anymore i used to go that was once in a while to get aroudn traffic when comming threw from Larado to cal. or back up north to Abiline.

we are also looking to move north of here some so we can affored to get some land and make it a better place for hunting for me LOL
I wanted to go sooooo bad but just getting back i didnt have a truck or even a rifel yet. So now i have the rifel and need to find another truck thansk to that fool selling mine out from under me. but i guess it was not ment to be and there is somethign better for me LOL

would love to see some of your work if you have any on the web etc...

Also i actually am a amiture photgrapher so if ya ever need some help with photos i can hel ya out and im cheap! LOL

Old 01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

http://www.ttai.org/professionalgallery1.html(bobcat, hoodie, mallard, gar, deer are mine)
www.bigbucktaxidermy.net I need to update my galleries, been busy building sites for the assoc and a few friends so have kinda neglected mine. Even got a good digital camera (Canon Rebel xti)for it, just got to get the albums made.
http://www.ttai.org/studiogallery.htmlMe and 4 taxidermists from Houston did the tree with the ducks and entered it in the studio division