Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Anyone outta work and feeling down... LIKE I AM?! Share ur story!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Angry Anyone outta work and feeling down... LIKE I AM?! Share ur story!

Anyone else outta work and feeling down... LIKE I AM?!

I just graduated from a prestigious private university with a B.B.A in finance, worked my *** off taking 19 credits last semester, with a 3.8 GPA, and I still cant land a friggen job!!

It seems like all Ive been doing is sending out TONS of resumes out to EVERYONE, with little to NO response.

Its a real REAL FRIGGEN SHAME how crummy this country's economy is. Can anyone say
"third world status"?!

My sector is practically out of business and not hiring!!

Then I try applying to the FED GOVT...after all my dad had an amazing job in the JUSTICE DEPT, and is personal friends with some of the highest ranking officials... but does that mean anything?? HELL NO!!!!!

I must have applied to a dozen + different entry level positions in Homeland Security and other departments... AND DIDNT GET ONE SINGLE CALL BACK!
Thanks for SUCKING THE LIFE OUTTA ME!
Im the most friendly, intelligent and clean cut guy, with the most sterling and spotless record out there... if they'd rather hire some friggen hood rat straight off welfare for the position, THATS FINE WITH ME!!!!

What does a college degree mean anymore, when there are no jobs to be had?

One of the EXTREME few companies that brought me in from an interview...lets just say its an insurance company, and they have an annoying duck in their commercials...

It was obviously a sales position, which I had no qualms about. Beggars cant be choosers right? I was real pumped up for this job tho. It was in the heart of NYs financial district blocks away from Wall St. in a 50 story tower. I was wearing my one and only slick new suit...

I enter the offices soon to find out that the job is 100% commission, no salary!!
WTF!? U CANT LIVE ON THAT!!
Talking about taking advantage of desperate students right out of business school!! So that was a complete waste of time traveling into the city from the suburbs.

From that point I feel deflated and kinda empty. Really feeling down.

In an act of desperation I took the NY State 8 hour Security course and test to become a security guard. I want to get a bouncer gig at a bar or club for some pocket cash... u kno, oogle some girls all night, worse comes to worse knock a few heads in, and make some dough! JK.

I figure I can utilize the size and strength I have from my college football days.

But seriously, they arent even hiring me! Even the ****tiest dive bar! They all have hiring postings in the internet ans such, but they arent hiring me! So I just drove around tonight applying to diff places and calling other places to no avail.

Not to mention, my best friend just landed an awesome job that Im jealous of, that he doesnt deserve WHATSOEVER!!!!
He landed a position at the company his friggen mom works for. Hes now a mutual fund accountant or some bull s*it!
The best part is that hes so damn unqualified for that position its ridiculous! He couldn't tell u ANYTHING about the financial markets...
meanwhile that all Ive been STUDYING FOR THE LAST 4 FRIGGEN YEARS! F*ckin Crap!

So now Im completely stuck in a rut, living off of mommy and daddy... EFF ME!
My only escape is my Monte SS and working out... SAD ISNT IT!!???

Just feel like C R A P, and had to vent!

Anyone else feel like sharing their stories!!??

Old 06-10-2010, 10:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

I feel exactly like you do. I haven't graduated college yet or anything but the economy is making it sooo hard to get a job anywhere =(

A big problem young kids like me who havent graduated yet is the fact that places like vet places & more professional businesses like that that is relative to my major, wont give "inexperienced" kids a chance even though i've already worked at a vet clinic down in pensacola for 2 months before i moved back.

It's just really lame & its honestly putting me back into my state of depression bcuz sitting around the house really gets to ya.

Oh & another things that's getting me is that I know LOTS about cars from growin up around them so i've been trying to apply at small dealerships & some bigger ones & i know the fact that i'm a girl is one major reason why i havent heard back from any of them

&& i totally understand the monte carlo thing (gorgeous monte btw). modding my car & racing it helps me relax but i am currently low on money so no money to mod & not much money to just cruise around anymore

personally i cant wait til when (& if) the economy gets better

Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Try being 44 with a family and no one wants to hire you cause they would rather have some snotnossed kid fresh out of high school cause they are afraid that you are going to have pre-existing problems. Your either will be going to the Dr for appointments or retire in a few years. They just see us a waste of their time.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

My brother works for a collage and he sees ALOT of the grads working at the local McDonalds and Subways.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was laid off from my job about 2 years ago and took a position last Aug full time at a fraction of what I was making before - I have been working in my field for 15 years and now I'm making crap money and on top of it all I had to take this job cause of the health insurance which is also taking a large portion of my pay away. I have a degree but it's totally worthless - what the hell kinda job I can get with a BFA (Bachelors of Fine Arts) and I'm not going back to school to learn stupid web design. When I was in college there were hardly any good computers around.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know how you feel. I had a pretty damn decent mechanic job working with forklifts, and was laid off. I applied to TONS of places, at least 20 jobs a week for 28 weeks and three interviews. None of which hired me. I did go on an interview with Aflac, and that **** sucks. If nobody buys insurance, you don't get paid. Doesn't even matter if you work 40 hours a week. I lucked out, getting a job with a restaurant I previously worked for (and worked my *** off for). They needed a manager that knew what they were doing and that just so happened to be me. Now the pay... Sucks.

I feel bad for you - went to college for 4 years and no job. But guess what, the world's a harsh place. You just gotta do what you gotta do and get a job SOMEWHERE. You're in NY, so you can't be but so far from a large city with jobs. I used to drive an hour and a half to work.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:09 AM

its who you know these days litterally. my boss ONLY hires people we know, if none of us know that person, she will toss the application to the side. its nice because we can get our needy freinds a job easily but not for others.

on the other hand. my gf is lucky, she filled out applications and half of them actually called back, i was like WTF?!?!?!?!?!? lol, but me and her have a job so were set and LUCKY

Old 06-11-2010, 12:19 AM

Try working at a car dealership in their finance department?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

well i have a job but i had left it about a year ago to persue a new job and then was let go for what reason i still don't know i got my old job back but as part time, today i got paid my check was $571 for the past 2 weeks after work i paid daycar for the next 2 weeks for our son jack, bought us food becuase we where to the point of having a little milk and condomemts in our fridge.... we spent $40 on food filled the car and bought the essentials like diapers and wipe for jack i was able to keep $50 outa daycare becuase my gf's parents graciously paid part of daycare for us, this made it so i could buy the few items i needed to get our saturn fixed, i thoughr i had mad a little headway having a good $75 bucks extra... realized the that that was part of daycare $ good so that took most of it... and we had to pay the gas bill all said and done i went from havin $571 at noon to havin $12 now

My g/f is working for a money driven dentist and absolutly hates it, she has Vet Tech degree and is state and federal certified but still no calls/interviews anything

we live paycheck to paycheck hoping, praying we can save alittle so far nodda

sorry end rant,

Such As Life....
Just gatta keep plugging away some day thing will get better

Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 AM

Hi `Jeff & Member's,

Wish everyone looking for work
a `job 4-Sure.
Don't give up `Hope.

Good Luck Jeff & Member's seeking Employment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luM-_...eature=related

Click above to Listen to the Song Of Hope- Robbie Seay Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=God4u...eature=related

"YOU RAISE ME UP"
"When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. - Franklin D. Roosevelt"

Relax & take a Break
Don't Stress `Out
Be Happy 2 `be
`Free 2 `be
Now

Last edited by Space; 06-11-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone outta work and feeling down... LIKE I AM?! Share ur story!