Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

feeling a bit down

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Default RE: feeling a bit down

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I felt the same way when my son moved out the first time ( he's on his 3rd try now)
Someone once told me that it'sa first and we've been with our kids for lots of firsts. 1st steps, 1st day of school, 1st date, 1st car. And now here is another.You've done your job Dusty and have done it well.You've raised him and given him wings and now you get to watch him fly. It's not easy, but you will be ok.
I promise.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:42 PM

yeah then you cn open his room up for rent and get a new nest partner in there that also dubbels as the bartender by the new jacuzzie and pool side dinner tabel that he wished he had when he lived there.
LMAO!!!

in my house my mom was so happy i wasn leaveing she helped me pack and even paid for the U haul to get me out LOL
At the time i thought she was a bit forrward on her help now i relise she really didnt want kids. half the time unless i call her i dont hear from her for months on end.
Man it is nice some times LOL

Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: Monte Mom

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I felt the same way when my son moved out the first time ( he's on his 3rd try now)
Someone once told me that it'sa first and we've been with our kids for lots of firsts. 1st steps, 1st day of school, 1st date, 1st car. And now here is another.You've done your job Dusty and have done it well.You've raised him and given him wings and now you get to watch him fly. It's not easy, but you will be ok.
I promise.

Thanks!
Ayear or 2 before he graduated high schoolhe caught a big redfish at the coast, he wanted it mounted but decided to turn it loose. I told him we could do a replica, on redsit's really better than a skin mount anyway - too oily(I'm a taxidermist, btw). Nothing else was every really said. I got a replica but didn't tell himand decided to do it for him for graduation. Yesterday he came in and asked me if I minded if he took it with him. He's got deer, ducks, and another fish on the wall, but he only asked about that one. Kinda made me feel good.
They are just waiting to see if their application is approved.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I were in the situation I'd run an ad in the paper for a renter. Only females 18 or over need apply.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 02:45 PM

rj u do know that dustybird is a woman right lol...and dirty u neways lol (id do the same thing cough cough)

Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Photobucket

I think I'll pass on the 18 or over females, LOL, hubby might like it though.

They were approved so he'll probably move this weekend. Maybe I'll justfill his room with Earnhardt stuff, I'm sure I have enough.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Photobucket

RJ, if you're wondering where the name Dustybird3 came from, my parrot's name is Dusty and the 3 is,well, I think you can figure that one out, LOL. I didn't know if I wanted my name on here are not when I joined, but I see it would've been ok.

I really do appriciate the mood boost, I may need it again when reality sets in.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: kweef

rj u do know that dustybird is a woman right lol...and dirty u neways lol (id do the same thing cough cough)
YOU MEAN SHE IS A GGGGGGIRL?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W.T.F.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Photobucket

uhm, yep, last time I checked anyway, LOL. (I luv that shocked smiley)

Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I kind of figured Dustybird3 was a girl when you guys called her "Becky."

I only posted what I'd do, given the same situtation. Re-read my last post.

Okay. So where does the "3" come in? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: feeling a bit down