Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

feeling a bit down

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Default RE: feeling a bit down

Hi Becky, your son is so lucky to have a loving, concerned Mother. I wish I knew who my parents were?
I'm also sure that you son will soon find out how difficult it
is to survive on his own. It's expensive out here : )
I've forgot what a home cooked meal taste like : )
I'd rather have him move out to a apartment with friends,
then to be in a barracks/tent with soliders and guns.
I feel for the parents with their children in a war : (
I'm sure that your son will return often to his Mother, and
you will cherish the moments.
He is so lucky to have you in his life.
EnJoy the Love,
`Space

Old 01-06-2008, 05:55 AM

I agree that you're going to be seeing a lot more of your son than you realize.At least he's still going to livenearby.I joined the Air Force when I was 19, and ended up the middle of the Pacific Ocean for three years.

My wife and I did not have kids (by choice), so I'm not familiar with the experience.Just remember that it'snatural to feel as you do - being totally OK with the change would be cause for concern.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Thanks Space, that was nice.

I don't think I could've handled him being in the military now, even though I had tought about joining myself at one time. I never told him he couldn't, that was his decision, but I sure am glad he didn'twant to. He was in JROCT in high school for one semester, and hated it.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:53 PM

hey now is the time to chace the old man around naked and enjoy the time you have together with out the ruggies.

but you will see him more and also it is better for quality time you and him actually plan his being there so it makes it a lot easier.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Photobucket

LOL, Mickey, that would be just about the time he'd show up unannouced. Better change the door locks I guess.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:53 PM

i havent told my parents im leavin next fall...they think im stayin where i am now for a few more years, wonder how my mom will take that

Old 01-06-2008, 04:04 PM

it would be a great idea to say somethign ahead of time Kweef. give her a chance to relax about the idea .

Busty bird

yeah mostlikely. But you need to tint the windows also so he dont come looking in on ya to LOL

But if nothing else you got a giggel out of it LOL

Old 01-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Photobucket

Kweef, at least do a little hinting at the subject. I thought he would be here at least a year or so 'til he finishes school so it came as a bit of a shock.

Mickey, tint the windows, eh? You think that'll make my house look a little more sporty and not so "plain"?
Guess it's a good thing I found my dream car before this or everyone sure enough would say I was having some kind ofmid life thing. (for the record, I've wanted a MC for at least 20 years, so that should put any doubts to rest, LOL)

Old 01-06-2008, 06:01 PM

thanx to both of u for the advice...idk tho its hard to tell her im leavin, she was upset when i just went to mexico for 3 weeks...but ill tell her b4 im done with this next semester

Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM

I had trained my parents for that one... Since I was 14 I was going out all night and by 16 I'd be over at other friends apartments for weeks at a clip.

Good times on my side.

Quick Reply: feeling a bit down