Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
29.20%
No : (
39.82%
I want to : )
24.78%
Against all Weapons
6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:26 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

Space,

I can not lie. Pam made me strip then did a body cavity search. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I told once she was done, I'd be glad to give her one but she shoved her gun in my ([sm=smiley29.gif] ) to let me know she was in control. [sm=exactly.gif]

If we're taking away gun control, Can I make the hood rockets on my '57s automatic weapons? [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Next time someone in their 4 ton SUV cuts me off in traffic...... WATCH OUT! [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 03-04-2007, 05:18 PM

my background is VERY good if I do say so. I have grown up with guns all my life. Grew up in a little town. started shooting when I was like 10 or so. That was just bb guns but started shooting real guns when I was about 13 or 14. A good carry pistol. well a browning 9 mm would be o.k. but dont get to big. I mean the actual gun itself. I would go no bigger than a 40 cal. and no smaller than a 38 special. Like I said I have a 40 cal. and in the winter its good cause you are always wearing jackets and warm clothes but I am about to go to a gun show in about 2 weeks to get me a 38 special called a smith and wesson airweight. I am gonna use that for a summer carry weapon.They are very nice and dependable and the good thing is it only weighs like 15 oz. where as my 40 cal. weighs like 24 or so. as for price. at a gun dealer you gonna pay a little more like my 40 cal. in a gun book says its about $600-$800 but I got it brand new at a gun show for barely over $500. the air weight costs about $350-$400 at a gun show and like $100 more at a dealer. I guess it just depends on if you want a revolver or semi auto. Give me more info on about what you are lookin for in a gun and I can help you narrow it down more.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:50 PM

I have something else to add about carrying a handgun in your car or on you. Learn as much as you can first and ask yourself IF you had to could you do it because if it ever came down to it your would have to make the decision is it gonna be the person tryin to hurt you or you? If you feel you could do it DON'T hesitate and dont try to be cool by shooting them in the leg or head or somethin. Me and my buddy talk about this stuff all the time. If you shoot them in the arm or leg or something they will think you are just trying to torture them. In the head they will know you were tryin to kill them. 2 shots center mass. you are probably wondering why 2 shots. Well same reason as the arm and head thing. 1 shot they will just think you are trying to torture them again but 3 they will think you just kept shooting till they are dead and also if you are thinkin about carrying or just started don't hold back thinking of different things that could happen like if someone breaks in your house or approaches your car or somethin. You have to think about what you would do if that really happened. Trust me your not alone if you think about it. My friends that carry do it too and I do. If your going to carry you gotta know what to do and how to handle any situation. Its a HUGE responsibility and your should always respect guns and treat them like they are ALWAYS loaded and dangerous even if you are 100% sure its empty. have any questions or need an opinion hit me up. I have been around guns all my life. I'm not gonna say I know everything about guns cause I dont but I know quite a bit and learn new stuff all the time. Hope I can help you guys

Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Default RE: Do you carry a Gun/Weapon in your Monte Carlo ?

hey whats up. Just read your message. what branch of the military were you in. You are one of the perfect examples of why people should carry. People from out of town always think they are bad a$$'s since they wont ever see you again. Good job man. Semper Fi if you were in the marines

Old 03-05-2007, 02:07 PM
rj
15 Year Member

We used to take our fire arms and go up the river to a secluded area and shoot them. Then they make it against the law to do it so that was out.

My dad has the .38 he carried when he was a Deputy. got to fire it a few times.
I have a .22 rifle I got when I was in 9th grade. Pissed my sisters off big time cause I got the rifle and my fender guitar the same Christmas.
My dad has a custom made .22 pistol my mother had hand made for him. This this is beautiful. Chome with white pearl handle.
He also owns a 12 gauge he's had since before I was in this world. We used to play with it when we were kids.

Strange though we were taught to respect it. No one ever got killed from this rifle and the only time I can remember anyone being hurt by it was me.
Got my finger pinched in it once.

One time we took it with us to go out and target practice. My dad was standing like 2 feet from a tree and fired the shotgun. Wood splinters went everywhere including in his eye. (DUH!)

Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[/size][:-]Ok, our mission is to Car Jack a Monte Carlo [:-][/size]
Let's look for Wiz Kidd's Monte of the Month Monte Carlo
[/align]Super Nice 55 Chevy [/align]__________________________________________________ _____________[/align][/align]Road Rage - Michigan Woman Shoots at Tailgater [/align]

[/color][/align][align=center]Woman pulls out a handgun and shoots at the tires of a tailgator

HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A woman who told authorities she was fed up with tailgaters pulled out a gun and shot at the tires of a pickup that got too close, police said. Officials believe the bullet missed the pickup, and no one was hurt. Bernadette Headd, 39, was in rush-hour traffic Wednesday in suburban Detroit when the pickup pulled behind her, police said.
Headd changed lanes and fired one round from a 9 mm handgun, police said. The driver followed her and flagged down a deputy, who stopped her and found the weapon.

"She said she was tired of people tailgating her," Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said.

Headd, who had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm from a vehicle and use of a firearm during a felony.
She was ordered held on $50,000 bond.

Submitted by Gerry H.
[/align][align=center]It's a dangerous World we Drive : )[/align][align=center][/align][:-]STRANGE ROBOT MACHINE GUN ON TRAX [:-][/align][align=center]
[/align] [/align][/align]That's a interesting Weapon [/align][/align]Peace Out,[/align][color=#0000ff]`Space
[/align][align=center]
[/align]

Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah i definetely woudln't mind those guns in the car lol

Old 03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member

That place in MI......

HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Mich.

Isn't that near the latest guy who's charged with killing his wife?

Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]~ Monte Carlo Car-Jacker ~[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Guns Kill...Bad People
[/align][align=center]By Larry Elder
[/align]
Forty-six-year-old Joyce Cordoba stood behind the deli counter while working at a Wal-Mart in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Suddenly, her ex-husband -- against whom Ms. Cordoba had a restraining order -- showed up, jumped over the deli counter, and began stabbing Ms. Cordoba. Due Moore, a 72-year-old Wal-Mart customer, witnessed the violent attack. Moore, legally permitted to carry a concealed weapon, pulled out his gun, and shot and killed the ex-husband. Ms. Cordoba survived the brutal attack and is recovering from her wounds.

This raises a question. How often do Americans use guns for defensive purposes? We know that in 2003, 12,548 people died through non-suicide gun violence, including homicides, accidents and cases of undetermined intent.

UCLA professor emeritus James Q. Wilson, a respected expert on crime, police practices and guns, says, "We know from Census Bureau surveys that something beyond a hundred thousand uses of guns for self-defense occur every year. We know from smaller surveys of a commercial nature that the number may be as high as two-and-a-half or three million. We don't know what the right number is, but whatever the right number is, it's not a trivial number."
Criminologist and researcher Gary Kleck, using his own commissioned phone surveys and number extrapolation, estimates that 2.5 million Americans use guns for defensive purposes each year. He further found that of those who had used guns defensively, one in six believed someone would have been dead if they had not resorted to their defensive use of firearms. That corresponds to approximately 400,000 of Kleck's estimated 2.5 million defensive gun uses. Kleck points out that if only one-tenth of the people were right about saving a life, the number of people saved annually by guns would still be at least 40,000.
The Department of Justice's own National Institute of Justice (NIJ) study titled "Guns in America: National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms," estimated that 1.5 million Americans use guns for defensive purposes every year. Although the government's figure estimated a million fewer people defensively using guns, the NIJ called their figure "directly comparable" to Kleck's, noting that "it is statistically plausible that the difference is due to sampling error." Furthermore, the NIJ reported that half of their respondents who said they used a gun defensively also admitted having done so multiple times a year -- making the number of estimated uses of self-defense with a gun 4.7 million times annually.
Former assistant district attorney and firearms expert David Kopel writes, "[W]hen a robbery victim does not defend himself, the robber succeeds 88 percent of the time, and the victim is injured 25 percent of the time. When a victim resists with a gun, the robbery success rate falls to 30 percent, and the victim injury rate falls to 17 percent. No other response to a robbery -- from drawing a knife to shouting for help to fleeing -- produces such low rates of victim injury and robbery success."
What do "gun control activists" say?
[b]The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence's website displays this oft-quoted "fact": "The risk of homicide in the home is three times greater in households with guns." Their we

Old 03-06-2007, 02:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Interesting reading Space.

But it only reinforces what I've said about the media in this country. They report ONLY what they feel like. So it's a one-sided report.

Kind of like "Safety Belts save lives."

First there's NOTHING.... "Safety" about seat belts. And another they are seat belts NOT safety belts.

The News does not report those in accidents who weren't wearing a seat belt and did not get injured. Only those who were wearing the belt and those injured who weren't wearing the belt.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?