Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
29.20%
No : (
39.82%
I want to : )
24.78%
Against all Weapons
6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:31 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Do you carry a Gun/Weapon in your Monte Carlo ?

This article from streetgangs.com says it all.

PUNKS trying to look big. They want to be a big shot to their buddies. If they need to fire the weapon they have then so be it and if innocent joe get's caught up in the cross fire..... oh well!
Why? Cause it wasn't them.

The only thing that makes a punk "Mr. Bigshot" is the gun. But now he's just like ten million other punks with the gun.

I personally have nothing against guns. What I have a beef with is guns in the hands of people not able to handle the responsiblity of owning a gun. They think/feel if you get in their way, they'll just blow your a$$ away!!!

Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 PM

I have a concealed pistol license and i carrie me gun all the time on me.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:32 PM

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE.......PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:42 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: benhillzone3

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE.......PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:@]Yes, you are correct.[/align][align=center]"Cars don't kill people....Drivers Kill People"[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/3EA24AF0618B41BCA7E6B520ACFB3E51.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 PM

Car-jacking - Smart Motorist
The US Department of Justice (DOJ) defines carjacking as the attempted or completed robbery of a motor vehicle by a stranger that includes the use or threat of use of force. According to a DOJ report released in March 1999, between 1992 and 1996 there were an average of 49,000 carjackings each year, up from earlier estimates of about 35,000 each year during the period 1987 to 1992. Earlier reports put carjacking at about 2 percent of all motor vehicle thefts. The latest report shows that carjackings grew from 3 percent of all motor vehicle thefts in 1992 to 3.5 percent in 1996. From 1992 to 1996, in about half of all carjackings the motor vehicle was stolen. In about 90 percent of completed carjackings, weapons were used and in about 70 percent of those carjackings the weapon was a firearm. However, most carjackings did not result in injuries to the victim--only 23 percent of completed carjackings and 10 percent of attempts resulted in injuries. The great majority (92 percent) of all carjacking incidents involved a lone victim; men were more likely to be the victim of carjackings; and urban residents were more likely than suburban or rural residents to be carjacked. Thirty-five percent of completed carjackings were reported to insurers. The DOJ says that most of the carjacking victims said they either had no theft coverage or did not report the theft to their insurers. Further, completed carjackings were less likely than thefts to be reported to insurance companies. A study by the Illinois State Police covering 1994 to 1996 found that most of the 45 carjackings it studied were gang-related. Sixty percent of those involved had known gang affiliations. Their primary motivation appeared to be a need for short-term transportation. The Anti-Car Theft Act, designed to reduce the number of car thefts nationwide and make armed auto theft ("carjacking") a federal crime, became law in 1992. In 1994, the passage of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act made carjacking where death results a federal crime punishable by death.
Car-jacking is nothing more than stealing a car by threat or use of force. Like any other crook, the car-jacker is looking for the easiest target. Some of the things you can do to reduce your chances of becoming a victim are:
[ul][*]When approaching your car, be aware of your surroundings. If suspicious persons are near your car, walk past and go back to a safe area. Do U have a gun ?
[*]Have your keys ready when you get in your car, to avoid fumbling in a strange parking lot.
[*]If the car is unexpectedly unlocked or open, do not get in. Call for help. Help me Space
[*]Once in your car, lock all doors and close all windows.
[*]If approached by a stranger or SpaceRiderafter you are in your car, do not open a door or window, drive away, and sound your horn if you feel threatened.
[*][:@]While driving, avoid areas that concern you. Keep your car in good repair and full of gas.
[*][font=verdana,arial][size=2][:'(]Allow room to maneuver between you and the vehicle in front of you. Do not open doors or windows for strangers. [color=#0000ff]It does pay 2 h

Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Default RE: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

I carry a smith and wesson 40 caliber in my car and yeah its a good idea because I have had a friend that has had a gun pulled on him in his car many times. Its a good idea but you better learn as much as you can and practice a lot. Dont just practice shooting because thats not how its gonna go down if somethin happens. Practice coming out from behind some cover and drawing your weapon and shooting. Need to know anything else hit me up. I can give you all kinds of pointers

Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: midnightSS

I carry a smith and wesson 40 caliber in my car and yeah its a good idea because I have had a friend that has had a gun pulled on him in his car many times. Its a good idea but you better learn as much as you can and practice a lot. Dont just practice shooting because thats not how its gonna go down if somethin happens. Practice coming out from behind some cover and drawing your weapon and shooting. Need to know anything else hit me up. I can give you all kinds of pointers
Hi Joe & thanks 4 your post.
What do you think is the best personal firearm to carry & conceal ? and What is the cost of that Gun/Weapon ?
What is your background in firearms ?
What do you think of the Browning 9mm ?
Peace Out
`Space

Old 03-03-2007, 12:43 PM

[:-]Give me your Monte[:-]
or
Treat Guns Like Cars!
MAYBE IT'S NOT SUCH A BAD IDEA.
Should we treat guns like cars? Handgun Control Inc. has been saying so for years, and this summerAlien SpaceRideragreed. "We require a license to drive a car in this nation in order to keep unsafe drivers off the road,"Space said. "As president, I will fight for a national requirement that every state issue photo licenses (for handgun buyers). We should require a license to own a handgun so people who shouldn't have them can't get them. (Prospective licensees should have to) pass a background test and pass a gun safety test."
Spacepredicted that his plan would cause the gun lobby to "have a fit." Actually, if Space follows through on his promise to treat guns like cars, he will oversee the most massive decontrol of firearms in America since 1868, when the 14th Amendment abolished the Southern states' Black Codes, which prevented freedmen from owning guns. Although anti-gun lobbyists who use the car analogy think they are pushing for additional controls, laws that treat guns like cars would be much less restrictive, on the whole, than what we have now.
Gun Law Time Machine
Advertisement

[/align][/align]The first thing to go would be the 1986 federal ban on the manufacture of machine guns for sale to ordinary citizens. We don't ban Porsches or Corvette'sjust because they are high-powered and can drive much faster than the speed limit. It's a lot easier to go 50 miles per hour over the highway speed limit in a Porsche than in a Hyundai, but we let people own any car they want, no matter what its potential for abuse.
After getting rid of the machine gun ban, the next step toward treating guns like cars would be repealing the 1994 federal "assault weapon" ban and its analogs in California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and a few other jurisdictions.
So-called assault weapons are actually ordinary semi-auto guns, but they happen to look like machine guns. Just as we don't ban powerful Porsches (which actually can go very fast), we don't ban less-powerful vehicles that simply look like high-performance cars (often called "kit cars").
Likewise, we don't ban automobiles because they are underpowered, or because they're made with low-quality materials. If you want a Yugo, you can buy one. So the state-level bans on inexpensive guns (a.k.a., "junk guns" or "Saturday night specials") will have to go, along with the federal rules against the import of cheap guns.
Not In My Backyard
Also slated for elimination under the treat-guns-like-cars rule are thousands of laws regulating the purchase of firearms and their possession on private property. The simple purchase of an automobile is subject to essentially no restrictions. When you show up at the dealer's showroom, he will not conduct a background check to find out if you have a conviction for vehicular homicide, or if you've been arrested for drunk driving, or even if you have a driver's license. All you need is money.
The only "waiting period" to buy a car runs from the time you pay for it (with cash, a certified check, or a loan document) to the time the salesman hands you the keys. In contrast, firearms are the only product in this country for which FBI permission (via the national background check) is required for every single retail purchase.
[b]If you keep your automobile on private property, there are virtually no restrictions. Even though your driver's license was revoked last week, you can drive your Jeep on your ranch as much as you wa

Old 03-03-2007, 09:17 PM

[align=center]I said, give me your #%$#%@# keys to your[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo......NOW !!!![/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Ok....Ok.....Here's my keys : ) Oh Pam []...can I take a pic of you CarJack'in me ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=shootshoot.gif]No -Good bye, Space[/align]

Old 03-04-2007, 02:28 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hey you...in that Hot Look'in Monte Carlo !![/align][align=center]Get Out & Give me your Monte ![/align][align=center]or I'll Shoot..[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You don't have a gun do you ?[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center]What are you going to do RJ ?[/align][align=center]RJ, is it true she not only stole your Monte Carlo, but made you stripe[/align][align=center]and took your wallet, cash, credit cards, watch and left you there[/align][align=center]along I-75 naked ? [sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][8D]MCF Member, what would you do if that happened to you ?[/align]

Quick Reply: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?