Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
29.20%
No : (
39.82%
I want to : )
24.78%
Against all Weapons
6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM

I am too young to own a firearm, not even a rifle yet! But when I am old enough I will have one in my car depending where I travel. Here in Cincinnati isnt exactly the safest place to be driving around anymore. Hell, Over-The-Rhine(downtown neighborhood) was rated the most dangerous neighborhood in all of America at night! Don't expect to be driving a nice shiny Monte down there and leave with it, or possibly your life. So might as well try and make things fair for the "good" people, and let them carry their own weapons. I have grown up shooting a Smith&Wesson 9mm and .40 (police issued around here) from my dad, and I can say a 9mm is enough to take down a person if used right. Anything over .45 is overkill....unless your elephant hunting

Old 09-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

a while back there was a shootout at the local wallmart.... a kid with a 9mm tried to rob a guy at the guys truck.... the guy pulled out his .45 from under the seat & got the kid in the leg twice...

Old 09-24-2009, 05:37 PM

Sort of figured my asking opinions about handguns is the reason Space resurrected this post so I guess I should add my .02.

I do carry a weapon in the car, currently only to and from work. After I get my own weapon and return the company issued one, I plan on getting my CWP. Not to carry all the time but, as an example when you head out to the local swamp with wild boar and bobcat running free, I would feel more comfortable with a defense other then running. When attending a sporting event that ends late in an incorporated part of town, scary people lurk. I don't look for trouble, most people that carry don't they look to avoid it. I believe you need some serious training to carry. Not only on how to use a weapon but when to use it.

Those people that are unsure if they can use a weapon are better off not to carry, as is the rest of society. You have to know what you are going to do before it happens and be prepared to act ACCORDINGLY. One of the first questions asked when I started my job was "Can you shot someoneif you had to?" If I would have hesitated I probably wouldn't have gotten the job. Again I'm not going to draw on little Billy if he squirts me with a water pistol, but if it came down to it, my life or another innocents vs that of a thug ??? 'nuff said.

All people that have and carry guns are not "gun nuts", just like with anything else it's the few bad events that make all look bad, yes I realize one 6 year old that was killed by accident is one too many, I'm not saying that. I think you would be surprised by just how many people out there have a CWP. Most likely a public shooting will involve people that don't have one.

Guess I'll step off of the soap box and open it for another...

Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guns and oil and such. Thats only in my mustang though, the monte is my daytime driver.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 AM

No, I do not carry a gun in my car. But here's a good Darwin award story....I heard of a D.A. (dumb butt) last year that was driving along one night, got bored so he got his hand gun out and was playing with it. He ended up shooting himself in the leg. He firede one bullet and put 4 holes in his leg. Luckily, he didn't wreck and/or kill himself or anybody else, but it just goes to show you how dangerous guns can be in the wrong hands. He was in his 30's, so not some young kid or football player (Plaxico Burres).

Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 AM

I do not always carry with me but I also have a class 3 so if I am the guy who you pull a gun on in a road rage situation you better hope I can't get to my trunk. I will be purchasing a LWRC M6A2 PSD (If you are into guns http://www.lwrifles.com/Products/PSD...7/Default.aspx) and I am not some idiot who doesn't know how to use a gun. Guns don't kill people -- People kill people.

Last edited by Pure2sin; 09-30-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
I do not always carry with me but I also have a class 3 so if I am the guy who you pull a gun on in a road rage situation you better hope I can't get to my trunk. I will be purchasing a LWRC M6A2 PSD (If you are into guns http://www.lwrifles.com/Products/PSD...7/Default.aspx) and I am not some idiot who doesn't know how to use a gun. Guns don't kill people -- People kill people.
very cool.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I still prefer my slingshot.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the slingshot. You should get a laser scope for it.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I just might. LOL

Quick Reply: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?