Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
29.20%
No : (
39.82%
I want to : )
24.78%
Against all Weapons
6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Default RE: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

This was an interesting thread to read, there are a wide variety of people on the forum. arguments both good and bad. A very interesting topic with me.

I am definitely on the pro gun side of the argument. I am Military and Law Enforcement so with that being said some days my car is a rolling armory. I usually always have one with me. But as some have said if you pack you need to know how to shoot and when and when not to use it. I think that is half the battle, you need proper training or you are just packing around a dangerous paperweight. Because in Law enforcement in training it is said "There is always at least 1 gun in every confrontation." that meaning your own, and cops have been killed with their own gun. So back to packing vs not packing, the one who decides to pack needs to weigh the responsibility of gun possession and the dangers of it to. There is no worldly possession I own worth dying for...Even my Monte, besides there are 3999 others just like it..lol

Old 02-11-2008, 05:05 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You guys brought up a very good point.
I was only looking at it from a road rage point of view because of the other thread.
If you're keeping a gun to use as intimidation against bad people, you better be prepared to use it, or know that your gun can quickly be taken from you and used on you.

Also, whether you have a real gun or even a convincing fake one in the car, once you pull it on someone even with the intent to scare them away, you're giving them an excuse to defend themselves and fire their gun on you first.

Besides, as far as I know, police don't take too kindly to people having a loaded weapon kept insecure inside a car. They'll likely remind you that a child could somehow get their hands on it, and something tragic may happen.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM

Here in colorado our cars are a extension of our homes. You can have a pistol in the car as long as you keep the ammo and pistol from each other unless you have your conceal and carry. Also I have my conceal and carry permit...So I can have it on me at all times except fed buildings and schools places like that..the only time you should be pulling a weapon is if you intend on using it..

Old 09-23-2009, 12:15 PM

Old Thread Bump....From Previous MCF Server....Needs Updated. <~4-Sure : )

Wish the reader a safe `journey in life, and in their Monte Carlo....
"Guns don't kill people, People Kill People " : )

Old 09-23-2009, 01:47 PM

i carry a weapon in my monte, not all the time, it depends on where im going and what im doing... i don't have an issue with carrying a pistol in a car, as long as you use some common sense... but like they say, common sense is not so common...

before anyone flames me, i am trained to use firearms, and i have seen firsthand what they are capable of doing to another human... it's not to be taken lightly.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

i'm so tempted to make a joke here but i dont wanna sound like an idiot or weird or anything so i'll just sit here, laugh, and keep to to myself =D but nope i don't. i'm too afraid i would hurt myself with it lol!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i dont and only will on occasion when i get a gun and concel n carry permit.... me and the g/f have had long conversations about this

Old 09-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

question: at a 4 way stop intersection, who do you yeild to? answer: the guy in the 4 wheel drive pickup with the gunrack & front plate that reads " guns don't kill people, I DO!!" lol

Old 09-24-2009, 06:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I never seen this thread before and found it interesting. And sometimes very sad and dark. I read all 12 pages. Was tough to read some of 'Spaces old stuff in weird 'Space language (he must have still been learning earth language back then).

Originally Posted by 2000_BLACK_SS
I thinks that if you are some where, where you think you need a gun then you you shouldn't be there
said it all (way back in 2-20-2007!). I choose to live using only my body and wits for a weapon. I train in martial arts to handle myself. I can not outfight a bullet, but I'm working on that! But I do choose my environment and do not live in a gun dangerous area. We can't choose the planet we're on (maybe KidSpace chose this one), but we can choose the world we live in. I guess many Candians try to hang their hat on that like guns don't exist here. I guess they don't really - not compared gun slinging testiments I've read here. I sure was surprised that more then 25% said they pack in their Monte Carlo. I don't know anyone that carries.

Its fair enough to say you need a gun in cases the other gun is carrying. But for those who carry: What would it take to get you to pull your gun? Would it take another gun? Or would you use it if someone was kicking the sh*t out of you - or threatened to? If someone pulled a knife? Responding to a gun in your face with gunfire seems incredibly dangerous to me. Someones likely to get killed. Have you carefully surveyed the area behind your assailant to ensure your not shooting at anyone else in your counter attack?

I'd be nervous about becoming comfortable with a gun in hand. And I'm crazy sometimes. Who isn't? I don't want to weld that power. I don't think someone is bad because they are crazy, but I don't want the crazies to have guns. I'm a weapon free guy until they invent lightsabers, then I'll be running around chopping people up for sure.

But chicks with guns are hot. The hot ones are anyways.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:06 AM

...Hi `Brent, I really appreciate your words/thoughts/opinions.
I also wish there was a big magnet in the skies that could remove all the weapons on Planet `Earth..."Thou Shall not Kill" unless your government says it's `ok ?????

I do not believe in violence, and have been trained by many forms of martial arts/ and former Golden GLove fighter, and Military Special forces. I do now have a weapons permit, but do not carry the firearm that was given to me by my grandfather.

I have never started a fight with others, but I have defended myself or others. Even if you are good enough to win, there's always a high price to pay 4-Sure.

My code, my creed is to not purposely hurt with my words or acts,
but I will defend with all my resources `if I am under attack.
I was taught to be prepared, but I prefer for all 2 live in Peace.
Can U only Imagine a World liv'in in Pe@ce : ) WoW, that would be super. Thanks 4 enduring this messed `up thread & how the crash & change of our server messed up many of the posts & threads.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts/belief's...I learn so much from & about our Monte Family 4-Sure...Peace/out

Last edited by Space; 09-24-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?