Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Did you like School ?
Yes, I really liked it : )
42.86%
No, Not Really : (
28.57%
I went 2 the school of Life : )
8.57%
I'm still in School
8.57%
I loved school & want 2 go back : )
8.57%
2 Much School 4 me 4 Sure : )
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Did You like your High School/College Years ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Not a big fan of school. College was OK cause I went to art school at a big university and I didn't have to take Math heeheehee. It was fun around basketball time though. Go KU!!!!! Once a Jayhawk always a Jayhawk
My wife majored in Art, I make fun of her all the time for not having to take a math class because she needs it haha.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1976 Grad. There is a bicentennial logo on my diploma.

Hated high school - back then nerds were not cool. I liked working at a restaurant and fixing up my 1967 VW Beetle. People at work were so much nicer than school.

Did a few semesters at community college learning what I liked most, electronics. The tech companies in Silicon Valley would recruit from there and I was hoping to get a job in fabrication.

My kids went to the same HS, as a parent it was very depressing to see how much it had deteriorated both physically and class wise.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM

I'd say high school was OK- lot of great changes happening in life (ie getting license and first job being two of the major ones).

However, I'd say college was a blast- I'd definitely do that again. You got to pick exactly what course path you wanted to take- most of which would be of direct interest to you (assuming you picked something you actually liked doing). You also got to partially pick your own schedule (assuming your classes had multiple times).

Plus, there weren't the kind of social groups and outcast people and such as there were in high school. There didn't seem to be a 'popular' group and such because my college was so much larger than my high school- I don't even think I knew the names of 1% of the people that went there, unlike high school- and it seemed like people tended to accept each other more since they didn't cling to small social groups like in high school. Also, you didn't have the group of people that hated going and constantly complained and disrupted school life- since going to college is optional. Plus, I think the overall increased maturity level helped a good bit too.

I also enjoyed it better because it was my first time being out on my own. Even my first year, when I lived in a dorm- I still had personal freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted, without anyone being able to say anything about it. I definitely miss the college days...

Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 AM

I also enjoyed it better because it was my first time being out on my own. Even my first year, when I lived in a dorm- I still had personal freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted, without anyone being able to say anything about it. I definitely miss the college days...
`Amen : )

Thanks Chad & Member's for posting & sharing your school experiences...The Good, the Bad & the Ugly : )
A trip down memory lane....I've really enjoyed reading

"To Me we are all a piece of a puzzle, searching for
where we belong"
Good Luck on your `Search, and I hope that you have
found what makes you happy to enjoy your `journey of life"
If `not ?, Don 't Give `Up the Search 4-$ure : )
Peace/Happy/Out

Last edited by Space; 02-13-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

My high schools years were 50-50 I guess...a lot of bad stuff happened to me during high school but my senior year & part of junior year was awesome! Especially compared to college...Came outta HS with 38 credit hours already complete & got my associates this past December and I'm on the verge of dropping out...I'm so done with school! I f'ing hate it! & of course I had to double major in majors that aren't even remotely the same so I'm prob gonna be stuck in hell for another 3 years unfortunately...I'm just fried & really have nothing to look forward to going to school nowadays...I think it would help if I had a diff daily driver to deal with all the crazys on this campus instead of the monte. Sitting in the monte on Friday & I saw this guy back right into a nice mustang & then drive off...my jaw dropped & I'm like omg I gotta find a safe place for my monte on campus soon

Old 02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Did You like your High School/College Years ?
High school was okay. I couldn't wait to leave. No one there I was real good friends with. I mean yes I had friends. We were all pot heads and if we weren't toking we was drinking. Or both.

College was better. I got mostly "A"s and I had some nice friends. Mainly female. Unlike most people I was 32 when I graduated college. I planned to go one. My mother told me there was no sense in it. I even got accepted in to Wittenburg in Springfield, OH. Not an easy school to get in to. They even accepted all but two of my classes from my previous school. An organization called: The Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation who I was connected to at the time told me I could not attend Wittenburg, I had to attend Wright State instead. Cause of the cost. Even thought the BVR never gave me one cent to attend college. Most of my monies were grants that I managed to get.

My college class projects I either got the highest score in the class or one other person tied with me. I loved making up advertising campaigns or sales pitches. And english classes were a breeze cause I loved to write. I even wrote articles for other students who paid me. (kids to NOT try thing at home. I am a trained professional on a closed course)