Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Washtenaw Community College High School Nationals @ Milan Dragway in Milan,MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Default Washtenaw Community College High School Nationals @ Milan Dragway in Milan,MI

if there are any college or high school students that want to race on the 1/4 mile. Then in Saturday April 24th is your day to do so.

Gates open at 9:00 AM

$ 25 to race
$ 15 to watch

Theres also a Burnout Contest
a Stereo Sound Contest
an Instructor Race

LETS SHOW THEM WHAT MONTE CARLOS CAN REALLY DO!!

BTW: you can't go under 12 secs or you'll be eliminated, and if your under 18 you'll need a signed waiver in order to race.
here's a like for the waiver (MUST BE PRINTED IN COLOR OR WILL NOT BE VALID!)
http://milandragway.com/2009/WAIVER-Minor.pdf

Last edited by 02monte3.4LS; 04-03-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-02-2010, 05:03 AM

2010 HIGH SCHOOL NATIONALS

Milan, MI — Twice a year it is legal for high school students to bring out their meanest cars and race each other, at least in Milan. Milan Dragway announces this year’s High School Nationals sponsored by Washtenaw Community College, with a new addition of brackets for college students. The races are April 24 and October 23, gates opens at 9 a.m.
These popular events include bracket racing, burn out contests and sound off contests. The students not only compete for their own champion titles but also for a school champion title. Points are kept for each school based on the race participants and their wins. Dozens of high schools compete each year, many with cars worked on in their auto shop classes. There is a huge variety of cars we see the students participate with on race day from the students’ own cars, to Mom’s mini van, to the farm pick up truck and the auto shop class car. High School race days always prove to be exciting and fun for everyone and with the additional college bracket classes offered they should be awesome events.
The High School Nationals is sponsored this year by Washtenaw Community College’s School of Automotive Technology. "These high school and college students are the future auto technicians. We want to support their enthusiasm for the industry and encourage them to continue their education," says Mike Duff, WCC automotive service instructor.
Registration is at the gate. Entrance fee is $25 to race and $15 to watch.

Thanks for your post information
I hope that some of our member's can participate
4-Sure.
Please take pictures of the event & post on the MCF
I sure wish that I could attend.
EnJoy the event & have fun.
Milan Dragway

www.milandragway.com
10860 Plank Road
Maybee, MI 48159
(734) 439-7368
Get directions - Is this accurate?This address, phone number, map or business info is not accurate. ConfirmCancelThank you for the feedback.
More information »

Old 04-03-2010, 07:34 AM

Thanks KidSpace,

I'll be sure to get as many pics of the event as i possibly can. Also i'll try to get videos of all of the monte carlos that race, when they race.

And to all MCF members that come to this event!

GOOD LUCK AND GIVE EM' HELL!!!