Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Did you like School ?
Yes, I really liked it : )
42.86%
No, Not Really : (
28.57%
I went 2 the school of Life : )
8.57%
I'm still in School
8.57%
I loved school & want 2 go back : )
8.57%
2 Much School 4 me 4 Sure : )
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Did You like your High School/College Years ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Did You like your High School/College Years ?

Hi `Member's,
Did you like your high school or college years ?

Just curious if our member's enjoyed their days/life
during this period of their `life ?

Post & let us know `OK.
The Good Times & the Bad Times

Look forward to the results of this poll & reading
your thoughts on the good old days : )
Thank You
I lived on a isolated barrier island & was Home Schooled
with my beachbum `friends.
I miss my home school days, and the freedom of `youth.

Was there Drugs/Bully's/gangs @ your School ?

Last edited by Space; 02-11-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nah..

In high school and college I was always broke and I didn't have a Monte Carlo so I almost never got laid...

The smoking didn't start until after my scholarly years either...

Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have mixed feelings on those years. I did manage to graduate in 82. My grades weren't what I swass capableo of getting but I made it. I got into drinking and smoking things back then and didn't really care. Had kind of a troubled time since my Dad had passed away during my Junior year. On the bright side, I did go back to a community college and get my assoaciates degree(93) and back to a major University for my Bachelors (06). Anderson University. High school had its fun times and times that sucked. My school was divided into 2 groups, Jets and hoods. They each had their own parking lot. Needless to say guess where I parked. We were allowed to leave for lunch and drive around the school cruising our rides. Man, we left some rubber around that school. I think that was the best part-being able to cruise our cars. You young'ns cant do that now can ya?
P.S one of my first rides was a red/Black 70 Monte

Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Well I guess I liked high school, at least enough to decide I wanted to go back and teach social studies, and I'm working on that degree now. Not all about high school is good ,but there are some good times. Often times, you do have to be the good looking, popular kid with a car to have a good time in high school. Is it right? No, but that's how it is. I felt like I could make life better for students than my teachers gave to me. I felt I could teach the social studies in a more interesting manner than 2 of my 3 teachers throughout high school (the third, if I can just match him, I'll consider myself successful), and I felt that I could help students through high schools struggles as well. So I'll be back in 2 years...

College is much better as far as the social environment goes. The picking and bullying is there, but to a much less degree. Sometimes, the people who get picked on are the frat boys and sororiety girls, and not the less popular ones who were usually picked on high school, which is strange to see.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So far I'm the only one lol

Old 02-11-2011, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks guys for your words(posts) on this subject.
I love reading what it was like 4 everyBody.
I got the idea for this poll from our Leader
from Yesterday's `Blog

Yesterday, 03:06 PM

Taz

OFFICIAL WALLET INSPECTOR
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `Jon, I think it all depends on who is teaching ?
I was lucky to have 5 other's (The BeachBums) in home-school with me.
We were taught by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends. Some were prior teachers, and others had degree's from World Experiences.
They were strict, but we loved them.....The older I get, the more I love them for all their help & the love they showed...

We lived on a barrier island and it was to far 2 go to the mainland for school.....Our lunch breaks were spent on the beach & it was a great playground.....

You miss a lot not going to public or private schools I think: like sports & events etc....We just created our own....

Glad 2 read that you are wise enough 2 extract the most from your high school experience...Good Luck...I must fade `out & rest...
Got 2 work later, but I wish I was back in school instead : )
Peace/Out

You're right Space, you do miss out on some good things with home-school. But you also miss out on some not-so-nice things too. For example: bullying, gangs, "clicks", metal detectors at the doors, security guards walking around your school, getting up early to have to walk or take a bus to school everyday no matter what the weather is like, pressure to fit in, and so on.

I'm not saying I experienced all of that. But that's part of reality today in some schools Space dude. But hopefully this is all something that will become a thing of the past. Someday schools will be a safe place to learn again.

Sorry for taking this in a negative direction. Just showing that not everything you missed was good.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

My two go arounds with college were much better. Thing is - I decided to go, nobody was making me and I paid for it all on my own so I had to make the best of it. Things are different when it's your choice.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:24 AM

I liked it, i would go back, if it meant i would give up all of the bills i have now. :P

Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

I had a great time in school and loved sports and had some great friends.
We didn't have much money and I did not get my first car untill I had saved up enough money but to this day that is why I think that I take such good car of my cars to this day .

Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 AM

I graduated in '75, Main car I drove was a 1965 Impala SS - which I Still have. I loved going to school then. Everywhere you looked there were Monte Carlos, HO 455 TA's, GTO's
Hurst Olds - Need I go on? Miss those days - but still have the White Impala to remember with!

Quick Reply: Did You like your High School/College Years ?