Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Did Anyone Enter The Popular Hot Rodding Photo Contest??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by skylark65
dang, LOVE your 'lark, man..... and though its been said before she aint bad eather, haha. i take it thats your 4 speed car? i cant beleive ive NEVER seen that one around before!

good luck with the photo contest, what catigory did you enter under, buicks im assuming? i like your car way better than the '65 station wagon they chose last year
Thanks dude. There aren't any catagories, just send them in!! No this is not the 4 speed. It's got a T400 and a 3500 to 4000 stall. The 4 speed is my 65 GS 401 Big Block Nailhead. Im doing a frame off on that. Frames done now just waiting to have the body done. Colorado car so it's pretty good.

Originally Posted by Taz
Great picture of your Skylark. Don't see the chrome headlight covers much anymore. They fit right in and look great on your Buick.

I would just like to remind everyone that members are able to have mulitple photogalleries here on the site. If you want to create separate photogalleries for the different cars that you own.

Or just adding pics to one gallery is fine too. That way great pics of your vehicles don't get lost in a sea of old threads over time.
Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to post a gallery if I knew how. Thanks.

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
WOW! Does THAT bring back memories! My cousin had one same color and everything. We bombed all over in it. Don't remember what engine it had, but it had a posi, and it ran GOOOOOOOD! He sold it when he went into the Navy. This must've been around '70 or '71.

Beautiful car, and the girl's nice, also. But years from now, she won't look like that, but the car......... Just plain NICE! Maybe Buick should rebuild that car' like the Challengers and Camaros are retro. Not much nicer than that generation of Buicks!
Agreed that the car will always be gorgous but we unfortunatly get old.

Now your cousin had one, was it a Skylark or GS? The Skylark came with a 300 V8, which was a great running small block. The GS had a 401 Big Block. 340 hp.

I wish they would remake some 60's A bodies!!! I vote for the 65 GS!!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate it.

Last edited by Joe65SkylarkGS; 08-29-2009 at 10:27 AM.