Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

To enter or not to enter, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 06:29 AM
Default To enter or not to enter, that is the question

My local W body club is participating in an end of summer car show and they are encouraging all members to participate as all proceeds will be donated to the hospital that gave one of the members' daughter top notch care last year when she was hit by a car, and to try and take home the club participation trophy in said show. They are asking me if I'm gonna show but I dunno, I don't have anything to show, my car is stock. So whaddaya say? Show or don't show? Why or why not?

Old 08-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Default RE: To enter or not to enter, that is the question

Heck.. go for it.

It's for a very good cause and you should have some fun.

Just a thought, don't leave your car.. i used to show an old mint 79 T/A and had something stolen from under the hood.[:@][:@][:@]

No more car shows after that.
The way i see it, i did all the work, i get most of the enjoyment. It's not a rolling part supply for someone that's an a**.

Tj

Old 08-27-2005, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Heck.. go for it.

It's for a very good cause and you should have some fun.

Just a thought, don't leave your car.. i used to show an old mint 79 T/A and had something stolen from under the hood.[:@][:@][:@]

No more car shows after that.
The way i see it, i did all the work, i get most of the enjoyment. It's not a rolling part supply for someone that's an a**.

Tj
That's the main reason I'd like to go, it's for a good cause, well, kinda. I think it would be better to give to an organization that actually needs it instead one that'll appreciate it, ya know?

But so far, the "WTF are you thinking, you car is stock!!" train of thought is overriding the "it's for a good cause" one.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:53 PM

I'd say go for it. Sometimes stock is better than having a car with a ton of mods on it.. Besides, what do you really have to lose? Besides, we may get a few more members with your fancy dancy montecarloforum.com decal.

Go...........Have fun and represent...

Old 08-27-2005, 05:44 PM

Stock is ok... the car is CLEAN and thats the bottom line... atleast to me.

I appreciate a clean car, stock or not and i bet others there will to.

Detail it good, take it, pop the hood and who knows what might happen. Have fun.

You said it yourself they need it. I bet those folks will appresiate you being there and you just might get some ideas from others cars.

Just don't leave it.

Tj

Old 08-27-2005, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Stock is ok... the car is CLEAN and thats the bottom line... atleast to me.

I appreciate a clean car, stock or not and i bet others there will to.

Detail it good, take it, pop the hood and who knows what might happen. Have fun.

You said it yourself they need it. I bet those folks will appresiate you being there and you just might get some ideas from others cars.

Just don't leave it.

Tj
Thanks bro. The show is on the 11th I believe, I just detailed the hell out of it last weekend so all I'd have to do is vacuum/windows/etc.

So what do you think about me leaving it?

Old 08-27-2005, 08:41 PM

go for it

Y? first place trophie for best stock vehical sititng her on a shelf infront of me.

If you have some time to detail it agian to do your touch ups do it. then you can also do the paint like i did under the hood on the nuts and bolts etc.. small litel things just to make it stand out from others in the club some . nothing more then a testors paint brush and a small jar of thier paint. as for the engin cover i painted myine by hand the first time it was blk and all i did was pint the 3800 and the -6 serries 2 part red to match the car. small things liek that amd makingsur eyour door jams are clean will ge tyou along way. But that is just a exampel of the smnall detials tha tyou can do fast cheap and easy in a fater noon,

So i say do it. but tha tis me i enjoy the shows if nothign else jus to be with the club and aroudn the other cars etc.. there i like it.

amd it is for a good cuse to boot hell i would be thee for that alone
stock or not you still ahve anice ride over all . besides there is alway sosmeone who dont have something you do on yours that catches someones eyes.

Old 08-27-2005, 11:43 PM

I'm still thinking about it. Not really much I can do between now and then to make it look any better/different than it does now. I'll just do the amp bypass and that's about it, I guess my engine bay could use a lil TLC. It's not dirty, but maybe a lil dusty.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:06 AM

i can give you a tip but it will cost ya some change at the car wash (or int eh drive way)

wash it off reall good. let it dry real good
take no touch tire care the wet look can.
spray anythign rubber or plastic under the hood let it sit for about a hour then take a old rag and wipe it down . I did this before our show here onthe monday before . I stil havent touched it since and the hoses still look great and every thing that was rubber or plastic under there looks brandnew an that is even after a few rain storms int eh area that i drove threw.

Works really well and is cheap .

Old 08-28-2005, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i can give you a tip but it will cost ya some change at the car wash (or int eh drive way)

wash it off reall good. let it dry real good
take no touch tire care the wet look can.
spray anythign rubber or plastic under the hood let it sit for about a hour then take a old rag and wipe it down . I did this before our show here onthe monday before . I stil havent touched it since and the hoses still look great and every thing that was rubber or plastic under there looks brandnew an that is even after a few rain storms int eh area that i drove threw.

Works really well and is cheap .
Only water based dressing will see my engine bay