Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Death Race 2008

Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Death Race 2008

[align=center]Hi MCF Members,[/align][align=center]Is anyone going to see the Movie `Death Race ?[/align][align=center]If so, post your review `if you do `ok [8D][/align][align=center]Or, are you in a Death Race every time you get on the road.[/align][align=center]It can be dangerous out there on your highways of life.[/align][align=center]There`s kids like space out their driving [/align][align=center]Wish the reader a `Happy Day, and safe miles on your[/align][align=center]highways.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align]
Sunday, August 24, 2008
[align=center][/align][align=center]

Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008

[/align]
Movie Review
[align=center][/align]
Death Race (2008)
[align=center][/align]
Takashi Seida/Universal
[align=center][/align]
From left, Jason Clarke, Jason Statham (in competition gear) and Joan Allen in “Death Race.”
August 22, 2008
[align=center][/align]
Heavy Automotive Metal in a Rusty Pileup
[align=center]

A scene from Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008 [/align][align=center]There’s something to be said for a movie that knows exactly what it is and then whacks that knowledge home like a rusty pipe in the face. Case in point: “Death Race,” a delectable bit of B-movie savagery that actually does feature pipe melees, among much other kicky (and punchy and impaled-by-a-metal-spikey) ultraviolence. [/align][align=center][/align]

More About This Movie

[align=center]Overview[/align][align=center]New York Times Review[/align][*][align=center]Cast, Credits & Awards[/align][*][align=center]Readers' Reviews (3)[/align][align=center]Trailers & Clips[/align][align=center]
View Clip...[/align][align=center][/align][ul][/ul][align=center]
Skip to next paragraph[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]The premise, updated from the 1975 cult classic “Death Race 2000,” is simple, sick and satisfying. In the year 2012, in response to the collapsing American economy, shady corporations have taken over the prison system and reap huge profits by staging gladiatorial pay-per-view contests among the prisoners.[/align][align=center]

A scene from Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Out on Terminal Island, where the worst of the worst participate in the wildly popular Death Race showdown, an ice-queen warden named Hennessey (Joan Allen, slumming with style) faces a crisis. Her star driver, a mask-wearing psychopath named Frankenstein, has just met his maker at the tip of a missile. In a bid to maximize ratings, Hennessey hatches a plot to replace Frankenstein with Jensen Ames (Jason Statham), a former racing champ.[/align][align=center]

Natalie Martinez in Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Framed for the murder of his wife and shuffled off to Terminal Island, fury mounting and muscles rippling, Jensen is pressed into fending off a grimy assortment of gearhead sociopaths with the promise that if he wins the race he’s free to go. Needless to say, things are about to blow up, quite literally, in everyone’s face.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]And how they blow! Directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, a low-rent genre artisan who seems to have figured out a thing or two since staging “Alien vs. Predator” (or at least found a better crew to back him up), “Death Race” is a supercharged junkyard apocalypse powered by an unabashed relish for brutal comeuppance and a flair for delirious vehicular mayhem.[/align][align=center]

A scene from Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Extended over three increasingly frantic, vividly murderous rounds, the Death Race itself is a tour de force of no-nonsense neo-grindhouse. Anchored by the ever-dependable Mr. Statham and his gruff, buff stoicism, the movie is legitimately greasy, authentically nasty, with a good old-fashioned sense of laying waste to everything in sight — including the shallow philosophizing and computer-generated fakery that have overrun the summer blockbuster. [/align][align=center]

A scene from Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]No fancy talk here, just solid, monosyllabic obscenities; no flights of digital fancy, just souped-up monster cars flipping end over end in a napalm blaze and crashing in a crunch of flaming metal ouch. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]“Death Race” is rated R (Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian). Mauling, maiming, bruising, beating, impalement, immolation, detonation, decapitation and a flagrant disregard of automotive etiquette. [/i][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]DEATH RACE[/i][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Opens on Friday nationwide. [/i][/align][align=center]

Jason Statham in Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Directed by Paul W. S. Anderson; written by Mr. Anderson, based on the screenplay “Death Race 2000,” produced by Roger Corman and written by Robert Thom and Charles Griffith, from the story by Ib Melchior; director of photography, Scott Kevan; edited by Niven Howie; music by Paul Haslinger; production designer, Paul Denham Austerberry; produced by Paula Wagner, Jeremy Bolt and Mr. Anderson; released by Universal Pictures. Running time: 1 hour 29 minutes. [/align][align=center]

Jason Statham in Universal Pictures' Death Race - 2008 [/align][align=center]Click below for trailer and to play game[/align][align=center]http://www.deathracemovie.net/?__source=ggl&sky=ggl|imgcnt[/align]

Old 08-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Default RE: Death Race 2008

So space dude when are you and the beach bums goign to set up camp to be first in line? LOL

Old 08-24-2008, 03:18 PM

Hi Moderator `Mickey,
No, the Bums & I are not into doing that. We have only
been in a theater a few times in our lives.
We dont even watch that much TV, or have a playstation.
We are different that the rest that we meet our age.
We think it is because we all have been raised-taught by
a grandparent or elder relative.
With the beach only a few feet from our door, we never
get bored.
Movie like Death Race, I would like to watch it when it
comes out on DVD, but then we would have to get a DVD : )
WoW, we are isolated from the real World, which mankes
us like aliens from `Space : )
`Mickey, it is great to see you online and posting since you
got your awesome Harley
[:-]
You have been a Super Mod 4 the MCF
Thanks 4 your dedication.
The Bums, Members and I appreciated 4- Sure
I am sure in your many travels, that you will run into
another Monte Carlo, that you just have to have : )
I know that we both are Monteless @ present, but once
you`ve loved a Monte, you always will : ) WoW
I can`t wait to get another one : )
It`s like waiting for Christmas...,Your Girlfriend to get home....,
or.....Our New MCF vB Server : )
WoW, the kid just highjacked his own post thread : )
Wish the reader of this a `Happy
EnJoy your `Now

Old 08-24-2008, 03:41 PM

dont feel to bad we dont go to the movies to much ither. I would rather spend money on the other mice in my life

Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM

Well I went and saw it last night, I liked it. One of the better car movies I've seen in quite awhile, then again I always like Statham movies.

Saw a trailer for the next Fast and Furious while there, looks like they're bringing back some of the original characters and some older cars.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:03 AM

[align=center]Hi Garrett, thanks for your post and review[/align][align=center]Now, we want 2 C `it : )[/align][align=center]Check Out below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Fast and Furious 4 Trailer

spy videos:

Fast and Furious 4 Trailer: Fast and Furious 4 Spy Videos[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, please send movie donations to the `bums : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Who in the hell is this SpaceDude ?[/align][align=center]`Space is EveryWhere LOL[/align][align=right]He`s so Fast & Furious : )
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/F9F386DA9173443CB72CE8D1A738091A.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 08-25-2008, 03:51 PM

The race team is getting together and going to see this one Tuesday...
movie and drink's...should be an epic evening. Glad to hear it was good!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Kutschkey

The race team is getting together and going to see this one Tuesday...
movie and drink's [sm=icon_cheers.gif]...should be an epic evening. Glad to hear it was good!
Hi `Ivy,
Please post your review of the movie, after you see it.
That is `if you remember [sm=icon_cheers.gif]LOL
EnJoy
ps. tell us about your Race Team `ok
The MCF, we share cause we care.
[:-]
We hope that you
`Be Smart - Safe `ok
EnJoy