Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dan Wheldon Dead at Age 33

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:09 AM

It is sad that another talented young driver lost his life doing what he loved to do. I agree with Duane in that the Indy cars need to be made safer. I have my doubts that this will happen because the Indy racing series seems to always be on the brink of failure. Car design and safety does not seem to be a priority. They race these cars at speeds of upwards of 200 miles per hour and in all weather conditions. Every time one of these cars wreck there is a significant injury.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:31 AM

R.I.P.
Updated Oct 17, 2011 8:47 AM ET
LAS VEGAS

Every race car driver heads onto the track understanding this race could be the last and hoping it won't be.
On Sunday, IndyCar drivers got a harsh reminder when the worst happened to one of their own.
Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon died when his car got caught up in a 15-car pileup, sailed over another vehicle and smashed into a catch fence at IndyCar's season-ending race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

My thoughts on what I've learned about death from
experiences in life, my lessons/teachings & the web.
I share, cause I care + drank 2 much coffee on my nighshift.
=============================================
Yes, speed kills & it's always a risk to all involved.
It's a risk to all that drive on race tracks or any road.

It's always more sad when the loss comes early
on ones journey of human life.

To me, it's another reminder to live...
Human Life is fragile
What `if ?

Life and Death is something that many fear, but yet some are willing to embrace the evolution of life and death in a whole new way. Everyone in our life time has lost a loved one or will : (
* (Another reminder 2 love the ones you love: )

This past weekend unfortunately another young man Dan Weldon has died doing what he loved 2 `do...

Some people understand Death as a way of the end of all means. As if there is no more meaning to life once you have died. But in all reality(My reality), Death is the beginning of Life… and in truth.. Life is the beginning of Death. There is always a purpose for every single one of us in this Universe.(Even `You reading this )

Whether that purpose be to Live to Die , or Die to Live. Life is something that we should all embrace to our maximum potential. I believe we must all Live our life as if its our last day , every day.

Be `true to everyone, but most importantly to yourself, By doing so you will find that living life to the fullest becomes a whole new meaning. It will allow you to provide peace of mind and intellectual satisfaction to our lives and to the lives of those we care about for their own sake because pursuing these goals enriches our lives.

So please rememberDon't worry about Death, cause right now this very moment you are LIVING

So take full advantage of every opportunity everyday that appears to you....EnJoy your `life ~>Now....
"No One is Promised a 2morrow"
4-Sure
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 10-17-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

They had a big story on it this morning on the news that I think showed the on board camera on his car as it crashed. They also said all sorts of other stuff like that he waas not happy with his car & the other drivers didn't like that track bcuz it was too fast & all that other stuff. I'll try to see if I can find the story on the news website & try to post it & the video up later. it is most def a sad thing. Another off-roading driver died this weekend too I think. Oh & my boy Jimmie Johnson prob would have been in big trouble if it weren't for the safety barrier in NASCAR now. Crazy racing weekend that's for sure.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

The on board view was from Will Powers car i believe & its a tragic accident, he was a great driver & i forsee alpt of changes happening in irl before nxt year